onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was pleased to see some of the players leave but I am not convinced that all were released for football reasons. I think DC has got rid of anyone that he felt was a threat, i.e might question some of his decisions or tactics. 

Let’s try and get at DC from another angle

Advert

Even if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t mean releasing all the players we did was a bad decision. It just means we didn’t improve. We couldn’t possibly sign 15 players that are worse, so by that very nature we will improve. Finishing 12th would be better, but I have a feeling if we don’t win the league by February people will be saying this player should have stayed etc. No change comes without risk, but this is as close to a risk-free overhaul that a club could ask for, so we’ll done for betting on yourself Clarkey.

f*** sake lads, I'd rather have the excitement of this all going to plan (with the inherent risk of failure that comes with it) and making memories with my Dad, then the same old sh!te I've had for 19 of the 20 years of supporting the Vale.

One top 6 finish in 30 years and fans are worried about too much change. Let's enjoy it the ride. I was sick of doing it the same old tinpot way and getting nowhere, to the point where mid-season I was truly exhausted of being a Port Vale fan. We've been a miserable club for ages and its a miracle that 4,000 of us are unwell enough to keep turning up every year, cash in hand, begging for another dose of disappointment, mediocrity, and sometimes disarray.

Now, I'm excited for the possibility that I can finally witness some of the great years you lot had in the 90s, and further back in the 50s for the older fans on here. Yep, the Matrix may have a bug in the algorithm and it goes haywire with a bunch of frauds coming in, but I'll take the risk of that over plodding to another non-entity finish in the 4th tier with the same old finished men/farmers which have had their chance and achieved practically zero for Port Vale.

We've got an angel of a woman at the helm who cares about the fans and the area and wouldn't ever risk our future (unlike the last few conmen), two promotion winners making the decisions, and a core of decent players who have openly said they're excited to be around for this ride.

Football is about the risk of it all. I literally can't face another year of the same old tinpottery and shambles.

Up the Risky Whites, I say. Let's have it. 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-rare-happy-club--5473290

From lovely Tom Conlon:

“I think it’s quite rare in football to be so happy at a club. ...There are a lot of things in place that set us up for a good season. I am sure the manager and Dave Flitcroft will get their recruitment right and I am really excited for it. I can’t wait to get back.”

18 hours ago, toyahw said:

Based on a poor retained list, a few could have done a job. The new idea of doing it on stats. When DC says he wants "hungry" "winners". How do you stat that? All the rumours so far have linked us to dross. Maybe it will come good.  

Recruitment will obviously be massive. If Dan Jones is on the radar I give up. A poor man's Crookes. We will see. But I have my money on us getting an even worse lot in.

And I just collected on 0-1 Chelski

That's it then. Let's all pack  up now and not bother, we're clearly done for,  makes perfect sense.

21 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So we have released 5 of the players from the team that scored a goal against Manchester City including the goal scorer. Chelsea have only managed to score 1 goal against them in front of a smaller crowd. Thoughts?

So what? Pointless post!

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Cant wait to see RZ's spin on this

hahaha...clearly Tom Conlon has only been retained because he's a "Yes man"? Not my thoughts, but, the only thing Rancid Debra can claim if all the players who are not "Yes men" have been released?

Archived