onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

So we have released 5 of the players from the team that scored a goal against Manchester City including the goal scorer. Chelsea have only managed to score 1 goal against them in front of a smaller crowd. Thoughts?
You do realise that we conceded 4 in that game, and lost? Get a grip man.

Advert

10 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So we have released 5 of the players from the team that scored a goal against Manchester City including the goal scorer. Chelsea have only managed to score 1 goal against them in front of a smaller crowd. Thoughts?

Cheltenham were beating them this season, let's make Cheltenham European champions. Not sure what your point is?

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Only 3 weeks to go until they get back in for training so from next week its going to get busy 😉 

As a back up we have put our names down for the World club 7 a side season so we will be watching some football. 🥳🥳

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Poor retained list? I hate the very lazy ‘could do a job’ phrase.  It’s can they do what is required that counts.

I could ‘do a job’ but I’m 52 now with shot knees.  Having said that I’d still fancy my chances over 20 yards vs Popey if that is who is being referred to.  

If that job was being dominated by younger / fitter / more powerful centre halves, waving arms about and moaning at team mates, and trundling after balls in behind then he is the man you want, but he would not lead us out of this league.

BE,you do the man an injustice.He has very nearly lead us out of this league.v to the NL.

The last word I'd describe DC as is 'bullsh!tter'.

The lad is blunt, probably far too blunt. He revelled in saying he 'couldn't wait to release the deadwood' and then released everybody. It's literally the opposite of bullsh!t. He's delivered on all of his words so far. 

Flitcroft is a bit Brent, but a DoF's job is often to whip up fans/be the main line of communication. I take the mickey out of the 'matrix' but I'm not arrogant enough to start making predictions about his transfer acumen based on the way he talks. There's literally zero correlation, and it's daft to proclaim otherwise.

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

Based on a poor retained list, a few could have done a job. The new idea of doing it on stats. When DC says he wants "hungry" "winners". How do you stat that? All the rumours so far have linked us to dross. Maybe it will come good.  

Recruitment will obviously be massive. If Dan Jones is on the radar I give up. A poor man's Crookes. We will see. But I have my money on us getting an even worse lot in.

And I just collected on 0-1 Chelski

In no way was that retained list poor. It’s exactly what was needed. 

I guess the winning / unbeaten streak wasn’t enough for you to think the manager is half decent? We were essentially dead and buried before he came in. 

i guess you’ve seen jones regularly then? He looked half decent against us earlier in the season and a clear step up from crookes. 

stop talking <ovf censored>. 

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

Based on a poor retained list, a few could have done a job. The new idea of doing it on stats. When DC says he wants "hungry" "winners". How do you stat that? All the rumours so far have linked us to dross. Maybe it will come good.  

Recruitment will obviously be massive. If Dan Jones is on the radar I give up. A poor man's Crookes. We will see. But I have my money on us getting an even worse lot in.

And I just collected on 0-1 Chelski

I remember, clearly, Vale fans on here saying Darren Byfield, then in his late 30s, could 'do a job'.

I don't want players who can do a job, cheers. Get them gone.

You do realise you can combine statistics, scouting in-person/on video, and intangible mental attributes during the scouting process?

Let’s face it our recruitment the last few seasons has been woeful. A new approach might be what is needed so I for one will support it and see how it goes. 

As for the squad overall, we all know we’ve needed one now for a couple of seasons. We can all ‘do a job’ but it’s to what level that defines us. 

What’s done needed to be done, has been done and hopefully it works well for DC, DF and more importantly the fans and our owners.

59 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The last word I'd describe DC as is 'bullsh!tter'.

The lad is blunt, probably far too blunt. He revelled in saying he 'couldn't wait to release the deadwood' and then released everybody. It's literally the opposite of bullsh!t. He's delivered on all of his words so far. 

Flitcroft is a bit Brent, but a DoF's job is often to whip up fans/be the main line of communication. I take the mickey out of the 'matrix' but I'm not arrogant enough to start making predictions about his transfer acumen based on the way he talks. There's literally zero correlation, and it's daft to proclaim otherwise.

To date I have nothing against Clarke. I believe he was nicknamed David Brent by some Walsall fans. Bristol and Walsall fans obviously have very different opinions on him. The issue Walsall fans had was perceived poor recruitment in 2019/20, rather than last season. I believe some Bury fans also referred to Flitcroft as David Brent towards the end of his time there. 

To date both have said things which they would probably know most fans will agree with. I guess we will know by Christmas if they talk a good game (no doubt both do) and more importantly can deliver. Both claim to be strong at recruitment. I guess we all hope Clarke will do better with his players than he did with Askey's.

30 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was pleased to see some of the players leave but I am not convinced that all were released for football reasons. I think DC has got rid of anyone that he felt was a threat, i.e might question some of his decisions or tactics. 

Rubbish. If players are questioning or undermining a manager they should be released anyway. We went on a brilliant run. Why would

players disagree with him? Conlon literally said this week how good it’s been but you keep your agenda going. 

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

BE,you do the man an injustice.He has very nearly lead us out of this league.v to the NL.

I agree with you and what he has done, and am thankful for it, but that does not justify a job for life.  

I disagree that I have done him an injustice.  I am judging the current player not his past.

My/your view are irrelevant anyway, as DC/DF clearly believe he cannot ‘do a job’ for us anymore.

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Rubbish. If players are questioning or undermining a manager they should be released anyway. We went on a brilliant run. Why would

players disagree with him? Conlon literally said this week how good it’s been but you keep your agenda going. 

He's just trying to get a reaction.

Archived