onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

The signings will come just relax trust in what is being done until proven otherwise. When the signings do come lets not right them off from the start. Some might seem underwhelming on paper but lets face it the quality of this league isnt great. Lets give them and darrel a chance to show what they are about. 

Advert

might have a few 90% there, but it takes 2 weeks to get the sticking points sorted out

or might have chased and it was a lost cause - so next targets now

or waiting at the whims of good players

or a combination of factors

or holidays and that

lines shortening

each line

smaller

until

I can see the logic of the centre half we have been linked with. Been successful at non-league level, in mid career, keen to improve, never likely to play at top levels but could mature into a very dependable player at League 1/2 levels.

32 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

James Wilson...Gone downhill but must be a player in there somewhere. Local, last chance at league football?  Rumour from my lads mate in school, he goes to Madeley high so join the dots. 😜

Looks a plausible candidate. Don't think Salford are very well run. They seem to churn players rather than stick with them and improve them. May have wrong judgements because GN et al have played at top level and simply don't have a mindset to work at League 2 in leadership.

2 hours ago, Warren said:

I can see the logic of the centre half we have been linked with. Been successful at non-league level, in mid career, keen to improve, never likely to play at top levels but could mature into a very dependable player at League 1/2 levels.

Dan Scarr?

11 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I'd be shocked if we were in for Wilson. If we are going down the metric based route for recruitment I can't see much in his last few seasons to suggest there's anything worth signing. Could be wrong though.

Certain things impact how successful a player is at a club they might not fit the system might not settle in the area. Not get on with manager etc etc if darrell thought he coukd be useful for us I wouldnt be against him coming to the club. The lads obviously got ability 

10 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I think the confusion is that Dan Jones is a full back not a centre half.

He plays both positions.  The player prefers centrehalf but has played more at fullback. Maybe best suited to the left of a back 3?

13 minutes ago, JRC said:

He plays both positions.  The player prefers centrehalf but has played more at fullback. Maybe best suited to the left of a back 3?

Looking back through his career he has only really been used as a left back... He's described as one all the way back when he signs for Grimsby, and he made the team of the season in the vanarama league at left back for Barrow.

If he has played the odd game at Centre Half then it does provide a bit of injury cover and flexibility which is only a positive.

Nice write up in that team of the year article too:

Left-back: Dan Jones (Barrow)
During a rather inconsistent season for Barrow, Dan Jones has shone again for the Bluebirds. The wing-back epitomises the famous “wand of a left-foot” expression in football, with deadly deliveries in the attacking third of the pitch. With performances rewarded with England C recognition, Jones’ reputation continues to grow.

Archived