onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

21 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Conlons tweet saying hes happy to sign for a club he loves, refreshing to hear captain of the club proud to pull on the vale shirt something our players have been severely lacking 10 more tom conlons and the promotion is on

I also liked the way he spoke about DC... Yes every captain will speak well of the gaffer, but the choice of words was interesting.

"He will make me a better player, a better captain and a better man."

Advert

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I also liked the way he spoke about DC... Yes every captain will speak well of the gaffer, but the choice of words was interesting.

That can’t be about dc he’s a bully. Players don’t want to sign for us because he’s nasty 

For me Conlon has been the best inside left in league 2 since Jan 20. If we hadn't got a contract extension we may well have sold this summer to get some kind of return. I'd say this is pretty positive as it does secure the best player of his type in the league for the club; not only for next season but also at least the following season, after which we might be forced to sell him. Hopefully he'll at least maintain his form next season. 

Not meant as a slight on the management, club, or potential signing; I'd be shocked if we sign anyone who has enjoyed as good a season in 20/21 when I look through the players out of contract or released by rivals. 

43 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
47 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:
And after we released scott brown! Nobody will sign for us after treating him like that

Don't be silly. Players come and go.

Think your missing the point ahah

2 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Exciting times, can’t remember the previous incumbents , especially Bratt and Co handing out so many 3 year contracts , you are right plenty to be positive about

I knew someone would get the V2001 thing in there,i was trying to hold out but i was getting close to it 😉

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Come on now that cant be right,we know DC's man management is poor because RZ told us so

Some were fretting over the lack of signings earlier so I had a look at when we made our first signings in recent times.

2011: Sean Rigg (27 May)
2012: Ryan Burge (28 June)
2013: Kaid Mohamed (1 June)
2014: Colin Daniel (2 June)
2015: Sam Kelly & Remie Streete (15 June)
2016: Kjell Knops (28 June)
2017: Tom Pope (18 May)
2018: Scott Brown (14 May)
2019: Scott Burgess (24 May)
2020: Devante Rodney (7 July)

Pope and Brown were desperate to come here and so are something of outliers. It wouldn't be unusual if we don't bring in anyone new for a few weeks yet.

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Some were fretting over the lack of signings earlier so I had a look at when we made our first signings in recent times.

2011: Sean Rigg (27 May)
2012: Ryan Burge (28 June)
2013: Kaid Mohamed (1 June)
2014: Colin Daniel (2 June)
2015: Sam Kelly & Remie Streete (15 June)
2016: Kjell Knops (28 June)
2017: Tom Pope (18 May)
2018: Scott Brown (14 May)
2019: Scott Burgess (24 May)
2020: Devante Rodney (7 July)

Pope and Brown were desperate to come here and so are something of outliers. It wouldn't be unusual if we don't bring in anyone new for a few weeks yet.

Not beyond all possibilities Colin Daniel could be the first 2021 signing. Brown wasn't desperate to come to Vale, just for an easier commute.

Archived