onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

11 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I was struck by Nigel Clough's comment the other day "we've contacted all our targets for next season, and no one's said no yet".
It would seem some cubs are a bit further on in their recruitment process than others.

I'm sure we have done the same thing. It's when players start to get their pens out things start to move. Clubs then start offering lower down there lists. Its a bit like the NFL draft system. Fans and all managers know the best half dozen players. Below that it's not so clear cut and having a good summer is really down to getting the right less obvious players in. 

Advert

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Couple of pics here from Saturday when I popped in the shop 

IMG_20210515_104802944.jpg

IMG_20210515_104810624.jpg

Oh no theyre digging up the pitch we had an unbeaten run on, well never win again ....what to do, no goalies no pitch no signings the end is nigh

1 hour ago, JRC said:

I would be very disappointed if they didn't know which players were out of contract some months ago. You only need to look on every fan forum to find a post discussing retained lists to find information.  One would hope we are targetting some of the better players at the smaller clubs who have been offered new contracts. Generally there is a reason for players not to be offered a contract. There are maybe a dozen players at most not offered contracts I would see as on a par, or better, than 3 or 4 we have released.

I would hope that at this stage it's more a case of looking at players wage expectations and trying to decide which offer the best value for money. Someone like Benning will have a lot of offers and be able to get a high wage. Does a better holding midfield player and a second choice leftback offer better value? He certainly won't get, nor be able to afford, his 15 first choice players. 

One would truely hope thay had a list of ,maybe, 40 potential signings before they announced their released list. 

Why would darrell clarke look on fans forums for potential signings 😂😂 ive heard it all now 

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

I was struck by Nigel Clough's comment the other day "we've contacted all our targets for next season, and no one's said no yet".
It would seem some cubs are a bit further on in their recruitment process than others.

As I recall the quote, it was more of a none statement. "No one has turned us down, as of yet." There's a hell of a long way from not turning someone down, thereby keeping your options open, to actually signing on the dotted line. To make it sound like they already have all their signings done and dusted, is a long stretch! 
I once spoke with the former DoF from FC Copenhagen, who is now at Aston Villa. He said on average, they got 1 in 5 of their first choice targets. And they had between 5 and 7 players, on a 'shadow team' for each position. So my thought is, that if you go into DC and DF's war room, you'll see a shadow team of potential targets, listed by priority on each position.  

44 minutes ago, Mario said:

Oh no theyre digging up the pitch we had an unbeaten run on, well never win again ....what to do, no goalies no pitch no signings the end is nigh

Tony Robinson is in charge of the dig and they’ve just announced that they’ve discovered the ref from the Spurs FA Cup game.

1 hour ago, Mario said:

"The way we've treated that pitch is appalling after the service it's given us. Tossing it on the scrapheap like that."

😤😤😤😤😤😤

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Why would darrell clarke look on fans forums for potential signings 😂😂 ive heard it all now 

Read the quote ... I never said he should. It was in response to a poster saying we wouldn't start analysing potential recruitment until retained lists are released. To do recruitment retained lists are largely irrelevant, it is the pool of out of contract players that you do most of the recruitment from. That is very public information on fans forums and papers local to each club. The sentinel and OVF have had that information available for months. I would be hugely shocked if Clarke, Flitctoft and 23 other managers in this league haven't been going over that list with a fine tooth comb since the end of March. If they haven't then the close season really is a game of random chance.

Livingstone didn't sign Montano because we released him. They signed him because they knew he was out of contract and available. Almost certainly he was going there regardless of the retained list; it may well be the reason he wasn't retained. 

I don't really understand this bit... how could they assess the available players weeks ago when they didn't now the retained lists of all the clubs?
I had to paint and set up a room for him with blacked out windows and white boards on the walls so I can confirm he was in the war room the week he arrived so he's been at it for a while

5 hours ago, The French Connection said:

I remember Martin Foyle getting all his signings in early, he was sacked in October I think. 

1 hour ago, dishydave said:
7 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:
I don't really understand this bit... how could they assess the available players weeks ago when they didn't now the retained lists of all the clubs?

I had to paint and set up a room for him with blacked out windows and white boards on the walls so I can confirm he was in the war room the week he arrived so he's been at it for a while

😀

Archived