onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

On 17/05/2021 at 19:34, Tony Rodriguez said:

Presumably Brexit means we can no longer go shopping on the Continent as Mr Rudge occasionally did? It is not a subject I have heard mentioned anywhere.  

Good point. I don’t know, it does not seem to have impacted on the top clubs bringing in guys from abroad. 

I mean I believe movement of people remains as it was if you have employment, as Johnson had to make a hasty concession to get his deal. 

The downside for us is that you cannot reside in say, Spain with a second home for longer than 180 days or something like that. 

Although I’m with you, I’d like clarity. 

Is anyone else getting a bit concerned that after such a massive clearout, not one single replacement has yet to be revealed? I don't wish to sound panicky, but with such a large 'culling' of previous personnel, I would have expected there to be some sort of a plan for 'oven-ready' replacements in the pipeline.

My biggest concern is that the longer it goes before any new squad members are recruited, the nearer it becomes to the start of next season and I would hope that we are not then making last-minute signings in desperation to have a totally new squad for next season!

3 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Is anyone else getting a bit concerned that after such a massive clearout, not one single replacement has yet to be revealed? I don't wish to sound panicky, but with such a large 'culling' of previous personnel, I would have expected there to be some sort of a plan for 'oven-ready' replacements in the pipeline.

My biggest concern is that the longer it goes before any new squad members are recruited, the nearer it becomes to the start of next season and I would hope that we are not then making last-minute signings in desperation to have a totally new squad for next season!

Not concerned really as most players are still under contract until the end of the month, the play-offs arent completed yet, and there is very little movement elsewhere. Also factor in the clubs with no manager at the moment such as Tranmere, FGR, Orient, Bradford etc.....

I expect we will see a lot of movement inbound in a couple of weeks time.

2 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Yes, as we need to be signing about 3 players a week for the ideal of everyone in place for the start of pre-season training. Nothing is ideal of course, but would like some moves in the right direction to give confidence that aims are achievable.

(Currently more concerned about getting a builder to look at my cracked rendering, with several already booked up until August 2022!)

3 minutes ago, mikey said:

Not concerned really as most players are still under contract until the end of the month, the play-offs arent completed yet, and there is very little movement elsewhere. Also factor in the clubs with no manager at the moment such as Tranmere, FGR, Orient, Bradford etc.....

I expect we will see a lot of movement inbound in a couple of weeks time.

Exactly this. Clarke even alluded to the play-offs in an interview.

Say 3 of the unsuccessful teams have players out of contract then we could be in for them. Were they to go up they may stay with their current club.

It is a waiting game. 

There may even be a Blackpool,Oxford, Sunderland or Lincoln player we have on the radar .

Patience is needed .

It's been less than 2 weeks since our last game. Jesus wept!

39 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Tbf just because things aren't announced it doesn't mean we aren't signing players

I personally wouldn't be too worried right now. Ideally we'd like the core of the squad in for the start of pre-season training but there's plenty of time ahead of that.

Isn't this traditionally the time when nothing happens, players take a break / go on holiday etc.

I would imagine there's been informal talks (after all that's clearly what happened with Monty and Livingston - he obviously didn't agree that move within 48 hours of being released) and when players finish their holidays there will be an initial batch announced.

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

Nope.

No one is doing business right now. Been about 5 transfers across 92 teams.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

No

Archived