onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

43 minutes ago, Joe B said:

It's become a very popular trope on here that Vale fans are in some way overly/uniquely negative. I used to think it myself. 

I've come to the realisation that, considering the recent history, Vale fans are as optimistic as it gets, on the whole. They've faced more administrations that promotions and there's a good chance we're in the worst period in the club's history ever (on the verge of the longest stint in the bottom tier since the 1940s). Impatience and cynicism is to be expected, yet the vast majority are massively optimistic (evidenced by the overwhelming support any 'positive' posts get on here, and how much stick 'negative' posts get, though sometimes this is warranted).

Claiming that Vale fans are somehow at fault for players not playing very well is crazy. Johnson and Rodney's underperformance had their own causes. To remove any agency/blame from then because Vale fans got a bit impatient at poor performances is laughable.

What you are describing there is loyalty.

Its perfectly possible to be loyal and a right negative moaning arse. 

No one is saying ALL vale fans are identical… and they all moan as one homogenous mass of mouth breathing idiocy.

But there are fans out there who love a scapegoat and do get on players backs… the people sat near me slaughtered Martin all game at Orient as he was having a perfectly decent performance. He was labelled the worse centre half ever seen at vale park. Which is laughable.

No one is saying they should be allowed to moan… up to them, but it doesn’t help the team.

No one is saying that players performances were bad purely because fans got on their back… that would be taking the argument to the extreme to disprove it which removes any nuance whatsoever.

What I am saying is that I have no doubt doubt that if we removed the targeted moaning at certain players it would improve their confidence … why we wouldn’t want that I don’t know.

I submit as my evidence the VTID Facebook page… their knickers are wetter than Harry Kanes chin whenever things are not absolutely perfect!

Edit: even sometimes when they are as close to that as you can get!

Advert

Vale fans have always got behind Amoo yet he really has not delivered or got back to his best. Amoo has a fantastic shot in him when was the last time he pulled the trigger? I think in general if players give there all most vale fans will be happy the few that have the wrong body language or seem not to be trying will really get some stick.

Whoever comes in today is of no relevance to me I know that Tommy Mcdermott (not ex Liverpool )Dave Flitcroft and the recruitment team will bring in hungry players .

Seasons past we would only have a few memories of someone doing something exciting in a game as at times we have over the years being dreadful in the main .

This season politics bursts Garritys lung busting runs Pett bogie like excellence on ball Jones long range balls to Worrall ,Walkers fighting for everything ball in the midfield zone it ain't pretty at times but beats opposition getting shots away .

Wilsons excellent when at it link up play Proctors all round excellence .

People getting excited about Cooper and Charlsley Cooper going put bums on seats if what I am hearing is correct look forwards to seeing him in action soon charlsley well thought of at Mansfield we didn't have a goal attempt v Walsall he scored 2 v them Halls a excellent all round addition .

I'd say the recruitment's being generally very good .

Over 5000 gates would suggest that others feel the same .

Add a few more bright sparks gates could be getting even higher.

Here's hoping 

UTV 

Edited 11 minutes ago by Breadwinner

On the subject of Amoo seems like he as lost his confidence noticed v Salford in second half he seemed reluctant to shoot but his overall play isn't too bad as he does stretch there back line with his pace and he does work hard but just seems to me to be playing within his self .

If selected tomorrow he needs believe in himself as we need everyone at it tomoz .

UTV 

Amoo's on the wrong side. He's right footed and playing on the left. Amoo is a classic 'get to the byline' winger who doesn't like cutting inside so it doesn't really work.

He was a decent winger when on the right wing under Askey - he needs to be played on that side if we want to use his pace, as otherwise he just has to come back onto his right.

Does the 12pm rule apply for a Tueday night game, bearing it mind deadline day happens to be a monday this year?

I want to see 2 in at least. Do we need to have concluded that business 15 minutes ago for them to eligble for FGR tomorrow?

11 minutes ago, Doha said:

Does the 12pm rule apply for a Tueday night game, bearing it mind deadline day happens to be a monday this year?

I want to see 2 in at least. Do we need to have concluded that business 15 minutes ago for them to eligble for FGR tomorrow?

Your post inspired me to do a bit of Googling and I can't find an up-to-date answer on that. 

It looks like it is 12 noon for players to be able to play in the next day's fixture (at least as per an article in 2019). 

I guess one possible scenario would be that Vale could have signed players by now but they are not announced till later when all the press photos and quotes etc are put together.

I suspect if any players are announced it will say on there if they are eligible. On Charsley's press release it said "Harry will be available for selection for tomorrow's game against Scunthorpe United." 

Otherwise, how could Scunthorpe have been allowed to play Anthony Grant when his signing was only announced at 1.45pm on Saturday - the paperwork must have been done earlier for him to be eligible.

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

It's become a very popular trope on here that Vale fans are in some way overly/uniquely negative. I used to think it myself. 

I've come to the realisation that, considering the recent history, Vale fans are as optimistic as it gets, on the whole. They've faced more administrations that promotions and there's a good chance we're in the worst period in the club's history ever (on the verge of the longest stint in the bottom tier since the 1940s). Impatience and cynicism is to be expected, yet the vast majority are massively optimistic (evidenced by the overwhelming support any 'positive' posts get on here, and how much stick 'negative' posts get, though sometimes this is warranted).

Claiming that Vale fans are somehow at fault for players not playing very well is crazy. Johnson and Rodney's underperformance had their own causes. To remove any agency/blame from then because Vale fans got a bit impatient at poor performances is laughable.

Spot on Joe. It's always the same on here - a select supercilious few can't wait to get on their high-horse and blame 'the fans', slagging 'them' off incessantly (and so tediously). If it bothers them that much I do wonder if they actually raise their objections at the match to anyone they hear criticising or booing, or just say nowt and instead can't wait to get on their keyboards/phones and start with the name-calling?!

(and for info - I don't and never have booed, but I don't see it as the massive problem that some other sensitive souls obviously do, and I don't believe that its any different or particularly worse at Vale than at most other clubs)

7 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Spot on Joe. It's always the same on here - a select supercilious few can't wait to get on their high-horse and blame 'the fans', slagging 'them' off incessantly (and so tediously). If it bothers them that much I do wonder if they actually raise their objections at the match to anyone they hear criticising or booing, or just say nowt and instead can't wait to get on their keyboards/phones and start with the name-calling?!

(and for info - I don't and never have booed, but I don't see it as the massive problem that some other sensitive souls obviously do, and I don't believe that its any different or particularly worse at Vale than at most other clubs)

Agreed. It’s just as bad / if not worse at loads of other clubs. At the end of the day fans are paying money to watch vale, If they’re not happy then they are entitled to boo, regardless of what anyone else things. It’s not for me personally (not at half time anyway) but I have no problem either. Guess everyone should stand and clap the side off after a half like that…

10 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Missed the point here.

Boo all you want… it’s embarrassing but it’s your right if you want to (I note that you don’t so don’t worry)

The point has only ever been… wpuld it give the lads more of a lift if we got behind them and gave them some energy rather than whinging and moaning… particularly more relevant in game for confidence players like Rodney and Martin (as mentioned in Ale & Vale).

That point has been blown out of proportion as people trying to create a trope to attack vale fans… not sure how or why. Never the point.

Confidence up = good for vale

Confidence down = bad for vale

Moan and grown = confidence down.

That it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Back to transfers… right back and an attacking replacement for Rodney and I’m happy! 

Archived