onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

40 minutes ago, MBE said:

Hoped yes but the reality was and so far been proven to be very very different..so far

I talks nonsense for me most of the time and is too close to the club to be objective.

I think had we played with wingers it could have helped substantially. He was really poor this season, but I don’t think we really helped him. Played out of position and then booed by fans every time he touches the ball at vale park. There’s definitely something there with him 

Advert

44 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Talk on RS before the game yesterday that Mickel Mandron was unsettled at Crewe. He's got goals in him and is a big unit, possibility of an approach from the Vale?  I doubt he's on pay scale busting wages at the Alex.

Zero chance.

Wanted by Championship clubs who swept in after Wigan were front runners.

On 30/01/2022 at 07:50, Iron Curtain said:

Also emphasises my absolute bugbear about football fans… if we had collectively got behind him and roared him on whenever he was on the pitch I have no doubt it would have helped him.

The concept that Johnson was below-par in a few of his starts because Vale fans didn't 'roar him on' is questionable. 

I still think he was worth keeping but he had a few dodgy games which had nothing to do with a lack of roaring. 

It's become a very popular trope on here that Vale fans are in some way overly/uniquely negative. I used to think it myself. 

I've come to the realisation that, considering the recent history, Vale fans are as optimistic as it gets, on the whole. They've faced more administrations that promotions and there's a good chance we're in the worst period in the club's history ever (on the verge of the longest stint in the bottom tier since the 1940s). Impatience and cynicism is to be expected, yet the vast majority are massively optimistic (evidenced by the overwhelming support any 'positive' posts get on here, and how much stick 'negative' posts get, though sometimes this is warranted).

Claiming that Vale fans are somehow at fault for players not playing very well is crazy. Johnson and Rodney's underperformance had their own causes. To remove any agency/blame from then because Vale fans got a bit impatient at poor performances is laughable.

It's become a very popular trope on here that Vale fans are in some way overly/uniquely negative. I used to think it myself. 
I've come to the realisation that, considering the recent history, Vale fans are as optimistic as it gets, on the whole. They've faced more administrations that promotions and there's a good chance we're in the worst period in the club's history ever (on the verge of the longest stint in the bottom tier since the 1940s). Impatience and cynicism is to be expected, yet the vast majority are massively optimistic.
Claiming that Vale fans are somehow at fault for players not playing very well is crazy. Johnson and Rodney's underperformance had their own causes. To remove any agency/blame from then because Vale fans got a bit impatient at poor performances is laughable.
I agree, compared to some clubs you see that give their players and managers hell we are quite laidback in comparison. I would say apathy is a truer reflection on our support at times

4 minutes ago, gags 64 said:
7 minutes ago, Joe B said:
I've come to the realisation that, considering the recent history, Vale fans are as optimistic as it gets, on the whole. They've faced more administrations that promotions and there's a good chance we're in the worst period in the club's history ever (on the verge of the longest stint in the bottom tier since the 1940s). Impatience and cynicism is to be expected, yet the vast majority are massively optimistic.

I agree, compared to some clubs you see that give their players and managers hell we are quite laidback in comparison. I would say apathy is a truer reflection on our support at times

Stoke fans didn't bother turning up to a cup game as they weren't happy with being Championship playoff contenders.

Vale fans stoically turn up every single week for poor games in a tinpot league and, at most, a few may boo the players off at FT if it was a particularly dire performance. 

Rodney was lucky he put in those performances here, where, as you say, the fans are more apathetic and laid back. He got a bit of stick but got off lightly.

30 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I've come to the realisation that, considering the recent history, Vale fans are as optimistic as it gets, on the whole. They've faced more administrations that promotions and there's a good chance we're in the worst period in the club's history ever (on the verge of the longest stint in the bottom tier since the 1940s). Impatience and cynicism is to be expected, yet the vast majority are massively optimistic (evidenced by the overwhelming support any 'positive' posts get on here, and how much stick 'negative' posts get, though sometimes this is warranted).

Joe, I agree with what you say, PVFC fans are not unique. All football fans will be negative because they want and expect the best from their players. Probably slightly envious that an individual is actually doing what they’ve  dreamed of and feel if it was them in the pitch because they support the team they’d be world beaters.

Archived