onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

5 minutes ago, mvb said:

To be fair today Wilson was on a different planet to the other 21 players , he is back to his best defending attaching , just needed a goal ! man of the match for me .we do have a top striker in our team 

He played well but he wasn’t that good, just a decent performance. Needs to add a lot more goals to his game to be called a top striker imo 

Advert

But Vale is the only team going for promotion, that won't pay cost price for one 
Time will tell if that is genius or the opposite 
We quite simply don't have the money to pay 4-5k a week. Not including FGR or Salford who have ridiculous budgets paid for by their owners the 2 clubs who paid those wages get an extra 1000 fans a game than us. Maybe if we were getting that extra 400k a year we would be able to pay those wages.

9 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

He played well but he wasn’t that good, just a decent performance. Needs to add a lot more goals to his game to be called a top striker imo 

This is the transfer thread so i sont really want to derail it but again as Yates said Wilson is not a striker so to speak,he is a player who drops back for the ball or goes out wide and then comes in to create or get shots off,he isn't someone who wants to battle with defenders

13 hours ago, MBE said:

Goes to show football is all about confidence.Ryan never recovered from a very shaky start with us. Maybe it was the step up in level or feeling trusted by the manager? Who knows

Also emphasises my absolute bugbear about football fans… if we had collectively got behind him and roared him on whenever he was on the pitch I have no doubt it would have helped him.

Its not just Johnson, we always seem to need a scapegoat… it’s Martin at the moment, he played really well yesterday but so many can’t move on from the zeitgeist that he is bad… he made an average decision on a header late on yesterday and the pantomime collective groan was embarrassing… if it was smith who did it, no one would have mentioned it.

Football fans do not help their own cause.

44 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Also emphasises my absolute bugbear about football fans… if we had collectively got behind him and roared him on whenever he was on the pitch I have no doubt it would have helped him.

Its not just Johnson, we always seem to need a scapegoat… it’s Martin at the moment, he played really well yesterday but so many can’t move on from the zeitgeist that he is bad… he made an average decision on a header late on yesterday and the pantomime collective groan was embarrassing… if it was smith who did it, no one would have mentioned it.

Absolutely agree with this, other players include rodders. We do have a tendency to want to blame certain players - and it’s not just when we’re not doing so well.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

To be honest fans are no more forgiving with Smith.  He punted a pass straight into touch in the last home game which wasn’t exactly ignored by the fans in the stadium.

Sadly it’s the nature of the beast, but what I would say is that those “fans” in the Bycars who booed the team off at half-time yesterday need to have a good look at themselves.  Complete muppets.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

To be honest fans are no more forgiving with Smith.  He punted a pass straight into touch in the last home game which wasn’t exactly ignored by the fans in the stadium.

Sadly it’s the nature of the beast, but what I would say is that those “fans” in the Bycars who booed the team off at half-time yesterday need to have a good look at themselves.  Complete muppets.

I thought the same about what boos… embarrassing 

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Mate youv got it smack on - it drives 1000s of us mad, but that is the psych of many football fans - imagine what it is like to work with some of them 🤪

As a lad at work says, if you cant moan about work and football, you cant moan about anything - sums it up really 

6 hours ago, werstayinup said:

This is the transfer thread so i sont really want to derail it but again as Yates said Wilson is not a striker so to speak,he is a player who drops back for the ball or goes out wide and then comes in to create or get shots off,he isn't someone who wants to battle with defenders

Adam Yates talks absolute <ovf censored> most of the time. This is the man who insisted Rodney would sold for a lot of money and play a lot higher.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Adam Yates talks absolute <ovf censored> most of the time. This is the man who insisted Rodney would sold for a lot of money and play a lot higher.

Nothing wrong with what he said about Rodney, the club hoped they could develop him and sell him for a good fee. That wasn’t just his opinion, he was also reiterating the opinion of the club and the scouts as well. But Rodney does have the attributes that need developing.

I’d also take on board the opinion of an ex-footballer during commentary as well, he has more of an insight into the game than we’ll ever have. 

36 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Nothing wrong with what he said about Rodney, the club hoped they could develop him and sell him for a good fee. That wasn’t just his opinion, he was also reiterating the opinion of the club and the scouts as well. But Rodney does have the attributes that need developing.

I’d also take on board the opinion of an ex-footballer during commentary as well, he has more of an insight into the game than we’ll ever have. 

Hoped yes but the reality was and so far been proven to be very very different..so far

I talks nonsense for me most of the time and is too close to the club to be objective.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

He might still do tbf just not by us,the club had very high hopes for him in the future but it didn't work out

Archived