onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

49 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Tend to agree with this.

DC talked about the same yesterday.

There's alot of blending to be done at a time when the ideal would be stability with a bit of ooomph added.

That "blending" or 'bedding-in' of the much-altered squad is going to be absolutely crucial to the outcome of our season!  You're totally correct in saying that at this stage, we should be looking for stability & consistency, but with all the injuries and changes of personnel. unfortunately that's going to take time.

Advert

Bit disappointed that Rodders has gone BUT we couldnt keep waiting for him to find some of last seasons form . This season, for me he didn’t seem interested and even looked out of his depth in some games , and probably looked for a move . No matter what position or system you play ,you give your all or you get found out , unfortunately the latter happened in Rodders case . He should have been a fans favourite at the Vale this season but sadly for some reason couldn’t hack it ,he will go down the road and probably be a fans favourite there . But we move on ,we are Vale aren’t we . Best of luck Rodders

57 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Rodney-  Let's move on chaps!  We got him for next to nowt from Salford. He had one acceptable season where he didn't exactly fill Valiants fans with hope that he was the desired one to take us to another level. This season frankly he has been missing for a large part, some of it "injuries" some his lack of desire in a Vale shirt(which I believe has peed off many of us).  

Clearly he has an attitude problem which DC and DF have seen through. He was never going to fit into our system of play. His goals have dried up. We now have got a reasonable fee for him, saved on 18 months of his wages too. A no brainer for me. 

We move on to better things and hopefully better gaolscorers who will attain the necessary promotion for us from the god awful Division.

Good Luck Rodney but never in a million years were you going to be successful here at Vale Park mate. 

Another case of 'unfulfilled potential' maybe?  I'm not sure, the jury's out for me at the moment, but I have to confess some disappointment as potentially (there's that word again!) Devante has it all in abundance, build, speed and an eye for goal.  I just hope that potential isn't developed by another club when it could possibly have been developed for us at Vale Park.  We shall see.......

21 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

That "blending" or 'bedding-in' of the much-altered squad is going to be absolutely crucial to the outcome of our season!  You're totally correct in saying that at this stage, we should be looking for stability & consistency, but with all the injuries and changes of personnel. unfortunately that's going to take time.

Of course, the upside is that the opposition haven't got much idea about how we will play either 🙂

Having looked around the Walsall forum they provide an excellent case study on why “breaking the budget constraints” on a player has its major risks. 

They were moaning that Wilkinson from Leyton Orient was on 3k which is way above what they normally pay.

He hasn’t done enough to deserve the wage, a few matches were given as examples, but all agreed he wasn't being consistent enough and his 3 goals are a huge disappointment.

Someone else pointed out that they overspent on him, Monthe and Ladabie and it was clear that the other signing were on peanuts compared.

Then someone pointed out Monthe is banned and Ladabie doesn't seem arsed.

So their big gamble hasn’t paid off and the rest of their squad is of a lower quality because the cash they had left wasn’t enough to get quality… cough cough Zac Mills.

1 hour ago, PortVale4Life said:

He scored more goals last season than any of our amazing strikers will this season. 

Proctor had scored 7 in 10 before injury,if he had played the amount of games Rodney played last season i have no doubt he would of scored more than Rodney did.

It really frustrates me when people talk about players not trying. You do not make it in professional football if you don't try. You have to be determined to stand out amongst the thousands of young footballers trying to make it in the game. Some perhaps don't put the effort in off the pitch but you are kidding yourself if you think any of them don't leave it all on the pitch.

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I see a lot on social media about this big turnaround of players,yes a lot have come and gone BUT not one who has left were first team regulars and most who have come in look like upgrades on who have left...our problem with the first team has been the disruption due .

Exactly.

Fans need to take step back and put the activity so far into perspective rather than knee jerk reactions.

Some of things I’ve read on here and social media I really can’t believe.

Just now, MBE said:

Exactly.

Fans need to take step back and out the activity so far into perspective rather than knee jerk reactions.

Some of things I’ve read on here and social media I really can’t believe.

Unfortunately, given some of the absolute mouth breathers who love nothing more than moaning and being unhappy… I can.

Archived