onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

36 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Not just about been poor. Aptitude and mindset big part as well. I've said on more than once, unfortunately Rodney will always remain an unpolished diamond. Sad really because we did see glimpses of what he is capable of.

We’ll see, if he plays for smallsall today, we’ll know he wasn’t injured, in which case it was probably due to attitude as to why he wasn’t playing.

in which case if he didn’t want to play,it was the right decision to get rid.

Advert

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I see a lot on social media about this big turnaround of players,yes a lot have come and gone BUT not one who has left were first team regulars and most who have come in look like upgrades on who have left...our problem with the first team has been the disruption due to injuries

We don't have any first team regulars apart from Pett, Smith and Wozza, plus Covolan who isn't available. Todays squad looks more like a pre season friendly squad to me. 

18 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

For goodness sake the man has played 2 games for us and in his second he was close to motm for me so do you think sometimes a player needs a couple of games to settle in,his record shows he has nothing to prove,his quality is there

Thought he was brilliant against orient. 

We’ll see, if he plays for smallsall today, we’ll know he wasn’t injured, in which case it was probably due to attitude as to why he wasn’t playing.
in which case if he didn’t want to play,it was the right decision to get rid.
He probably was injured initially. But for the last few weeks has been kept out of the side as Vale were looking to sell him on. Hence lack of updates on the injury.
Which is not a criticism of Vale. It would be the common sense thing to do especially as we were looking for a decent fee.
Nothing to do with the player not wanting to play or attitude.

I think we have to trust the decisions.  It's what they live or die by.

Burgess, Legge would of been freed anyway in the summer. For the record I liked both. 

Johnson it never happened for him. A lot of critics on here when he did play. We made a profit on him and wish him well. I think I'm right he's only sub so far at Stockport. 

The enigma of Rodney.  From the sublime to the ridiculous. A footballing brain the size of a pea but then capable of a 30 yard screamer. We've seen excuses/validations about his form, covid, new baby, heel injury, back injury etc. This season has been a shocker for him. And whilst I've never booed him he's tested my patience with a seemingly lack of interest or effort. And yes there were brilliant pieces like at Burton but he never excited me any longer as an impact sub. His Vale career was as flat as a witches t*t . It's good business letting him go. 

I do think a forward is a must on Monday but let's get behind the players today and who knows a win and a couple of results our way we are back in the picture. 

Players come and go. It's us fans who stay for life. 

12 hours ago, 1 said:

The transfer window has been kind to Vale in January, in the first one under a professional regime for years. What a weird coincidence.

yeah its weird isnt it. If i didnt know better, id almost think someone knows what they are doing.

The old Gary Player comment springs to mind here - "The more I practice, the luckier I get" 😁

Legge liked him but getting on 

Johnson not really given a run of games so couldn't really judge .

Burgess I quite like him also under Askey when we were quite clearly playing well till covid first time did us in .

Amos not played pointless the lad being at the club .

Whitehead scored on debut but lacked ooomph

Lloyd injured won free kicks instead for us to benefit decent player .

Cass joins in a tremendous player always positive bad news we lost the lad to injury .

Rodney lacked something but overall at times when played looks a right player but somethings gone on behind the scenes sad see him go though as his pace alone didn't allow the opposition the audacity come too far forwards with the ball at the back  as his pace would hurt them .Liked him felt he could have become pivotal as season progresses.

Politic give me the best 3 moments of the season off the  bench v Orient Barrow and Burton .

Got money for Johnson and Rodney so good business practice .

Look forwards to seeing the  new broom  

Like others I was very excited and optimistic towards the start of this window when we bought in Hussey and Hall (who don't get me wrong have been solid). However when we lost Politic (who was a gamechanger from the bench and influenced our points total), it started to go downhill. We were still in a decent position in the league at the start and still are considering anything can happen in the amount of games that are left, however I think there is a lot of work to do as it's almost like the start of the season again where we have to get the new players gelled in. We have lost some to injuries which is frustrating and although Rodney's goal total this year has not been good enough, he has not been as terrible as some say when I've seen him play and he is another option up front which we have struggled with recently. This is not me writing off our chances of play offs but I do think it's now a big ask considering the injuries to key players. 

Rodney-  Let's move on chaps!  We got him for next to nowt from Salford. He had one acceptable season where he didn't exactly fill Valiants fans with hope that he was the desired one to take us to another level. This season frankly he has been missing for a large part, some of it "injuries" some his lack of desire in a Vale shirt(which I believe has peed off many of us).  

Clearly he has an attitude problem which DC and DF have seen through. He was never going to fit into our system of play. His goals have dried up. We now have got a reasonable fee for him, saved on 18 months of his wages too. A no brainer for me. 

We move on to better things and hopefully better gaolscorers who will attain the necessary promotion for us from the god awful Division.

Good Luck Rodney but never in a million years were you going to be successful here at Vale Park mate. 

10 minutes ago, ginge said:

Like others I was very excited and optimistic towards the start of this window when we bought in Hussey and Hall (who don't get me wrong have been solid). However when we lost Politic (who was a gamechanger from the bench and influenced our points total), it started to go downhill. We were still in a decent position in the league at the start and still are considering anything can happen in the amount of games that are left, however I think there is a lot of work to do as it's almost like the start of the season again where we have to get the new players gelled in. We have lost some to injuries which is frustrating and although Rodney's goal total this year has not been good enough, he has not been as terrible as some say when I've seen him play and he is another option up front which we have struggled with recently. This is not me writing off our chances of play offs but I do think it's now a big ask considering the injuries to key players. 

Tend to agree with this.

DC talked about the same yesterday.

There's alot of blending to be done at a time when the ideal would be stability with a bit of ooomph added.

To be fair, I would have been 'reasonably' happy to keep Rodders in the squad, however, I would probably be kidding myself that he would actually find some of the form he showed last season.

This season certainly hasn't been great for him.

Hopefully, use the money to upgrade for another striker. Also grab another defender due to Cass's injury.

Archived