onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

10 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Other teams/managers didn't work Rodney out as he was an instinctive player who played by the seat of his pants, someone who could be brilliant one minute, not so good the next but because of his talent he was always a threat when on the pitch. The problem was he isn't a DC type player and he doesn't fit into the DC 3-5-2 way of playing hence Rodney didn't start, got few minutes and probably got frustrated so it's no surprise he left.

Some crucial goals and special moments for Vale, the terrific goal against Southend or was it Grimsby in the 2bd half of  last season that changed the game and the two passes vs Burton in the FA Cup to name but two. Still time to develop but big move for him as given his style of play it could go either way. Best of luck to him but not when playing against the Vale.

Neither Southend or Grimsby was a game changing goal

We smashed one by 5 and the other by 3 as comfortable as you like .

38 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We can't keep players who aren't performing because of what they have done previously but we recruit new players based on what they have done previously? 

RZ we all have opinions and shouldn’t expect others to agree with them, that’s why it’s a forum. I have to say that your comment here is bang on the money. Players don’t just become bad players. I have to say that I did suggest that Rodney had fallen to fourth choice striker and wondered if he’d be sold. Part of that was because Yates and Co. On the radio we’re saying what a fantastic player he was an one of our saleable assets, which TBH I couldn’t see on the few times that he’s been on the pitch this year. 

28 minutes ago, Beech said:

I know it was at a much higher level, but Emile Heskey had one or two games a season where he looked a world-beater. But for the rest he looked average and workmanlike at best.

Whether Rodney is a success at Walsall or not, we certainly won't miss this season's version of Devante Rodney one little bit.

Heskey was very underrated in my opinion. Ask Michael Owen who reckons he was the best strike partner he played with. 

14 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What happens if say Wilson is poor from now until the end of the season or Conlon, do we bin them as well?

League Two players have poor spells. They might be poor for a few games. A few weeks. Or have one good game followed by a few average ones. But Rodney has been shocking in the league for half a season. And his raw attributes that were in his game last season, i.e the awful first touch, the running down blind alleys etc, hasn't improved one little bit.

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Heskey was very underrated in my opinion. Ask Michael Owen who reckons he was the best strike partner he played with. 

Yeah, Owen loved him, and managers did too. But Heskey was a menace off the ball. Rodney isn't. Heskey used his frame and physical tools. Rodney doesn't. He could do, and should do, but doesn't seem to have the mentality and/or attitude to do it.

26 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

someone who could be brilliant one minute, not so good the next but because of his talent he was always a threat when on the pitch. 

What talent? And he certainly wasn't always a threat when he was on the pitch for us. That's a daft statement. He's been anonymous more often than not this season.

34 minutes ago, Beech said:

I know it was at a much higher level, but Emile Heskey had one or two games a season where he looked a world-beater. But for the rest he looked average and workmanlike at best.

Come on mate behave. England  international Heskey had 2 good games a season 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

Come on mate behave. England  international Heskey had 2 good games a season 😂😂😂

To be fair, Heskey's best qualities were always off the ball. He used his strength well and had good movement. Rodney has none of those qualities yet. If he did to an extent than his lack of goals, poor first touch etc wouldn't be such an issue. He's poor on the ball and even worse off it.

27 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What happens if say Wilson is poor from now until the end of the season or Conlon, do we bin them as well?

Did you listen to Flitcrofts interview on radio Stoke.

We offered him a contract extension. That’s the exact opposite of “binning someone”

He turned it down.

We set a valuation in our head where we considered it better to take the cash rather than keep the player.

We received 2 bids that didn’t match that valuation, so we didn’t accept.

Walsall then upped their bid to match our valuation. So we made the decision based on value.

We sold him … not binned him.

But to answer your question… if we receive a bid greater than the value we think those players are worth… then yes we sell (not bin) them.

Just now, darren1810 said:

Neither Southend or Grimsby was a game changing goal

We smashed one by 5 and the other by 3 as comfortable as you like .

Yes it was, it was an instinctive shot from about 20 yards that flew into the net in the first minute of the game, the first goal in a game between two teams low on confidence at the wrong end of the table, a goal like that knocks the heart and stuffing out of a team and gives the scoring team confidence. If my memory serves me right Vale had points in hand but had played more games than Southend who were 23rd so a real 6 pointer.  

A few more good Devante touches on there you may re-acquaint yourself with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS2QmgzQcSE&t=54s

Vale could do with a goal like that tomorrow, it would work wonders.

Archived