onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

All these changes are making me feel  uneasy as he fell out with all the players (DC) as he seems highly strung and likely to explode and not in a good way .

Big turnover of players and its January yes the injuries have not helped but is this great spirit amongst the players a smokescreen and they really cannot stand the person barking orders at them .

Not feeling overly optimistic about reaching play offs too many changes by the time they gel be too late .

Let's  make sure we get to 50 points firstly then go from there .

So Harratt and Edmondsen replacing Rodney big ask for two kids deliver the goals necessary for promotion .

Every passing hr become more convinced that its all gone pear shaped .

Too much change .

Wilsons gotta step it up now he needs show the form what attracted Man Utd to him. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

A thought has just struck me; we started our pre-season very early. Has that anything to do with this daft accumulation of injuries?

So if we had started a week later we would have expected these injuries a week later on?

Not sure how starting earlier affects injuries mid way through a season… timelines make no sense.

Also a few more weeks training didn’t cause a broken foot, a twisted ankle so bad it caused ligament damage and Proctors apparent kidney damage.

6 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

He will score more for walsall than Wilson Edmondson and Harrat combined. 

Harratt and Wilson are already half way there, and one of them is child who’s played 3 odd games.

I understand some of the comments, but let us look at the big picture with Rodney.

He starred with his raw power and a decent return in last years abysmal team.

This year after starting slowly he looked rather lazy and disinterested when called upon with the odd exception. Rochdale at home as a sub he was disgusting and received a few boos ( uncalled for ). 

Then after finally grasping the nettle he was banned for elbowing a Swindon player in the face. I'd love to know his game time since then, can't be much. A frustrating performance i recall at Oldham where he was either miles away from a tap in with the umpteen balls we put across the six yard box or being dozy on the wing.

He has scored ONE goal all season, which bobbled off his shin and trickled in. Now we have people saying he'll score more than 3 of our other strikers combined.

I can't blame DC for losing patience, wasn't he quoted last season as saying ' Devante is too nice '. He is so laid back he needs the proverbial rocket up his jaxxy. 

Just didn't seem to have a footballing brain or anticipation. 

At first i was disappointed but now the dust is settling we can get someone else in who hopefully will have more of a brain and positional awareness. 

27 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

He's also had a little nibble in his interview with Walsall saying that their style of play is a big reason he has made the move. Clearly didn't fit into DCs system. If the rumours about his poor attitude are true, good riddance.

Done well to get a bit of money for him as I think he may have just sulked for the next 12 months if not.

Vale, do we know what DCs system actually is.?

Id be really interested to hear RZs opinion. Even if you don’t agree with what they say they’re entitled to their opinion.

23 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

He's also had a little nibble in his interview with Walsall saying that their style of play is a big reason he has made the move. Clearly didn't fit into DCs system. If the rumours about his poor attitude are true, good riddance.

Done well to get a bit of money for him as I think he may have just sulked for the next 12 months if not.

Bog standard comment from a lower league player, I don’t really see that as a dig personally. It’s the same as when a player states, the gaffer, the facilities etc 

It’s something that we’ll probably all look out for now. If he does what should we take from that.?
Not much. Sometimes players work out, sometimes they don't. He was decent last season but not this. Good luck to him. If he starts banging them in, that would simply indicate that either he wasn't happy here, or that their style of play and chance creation suits him better than it did here this season. I won't be losing any sleep either way.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Can’t say I’m thrilled with it either. It’s a reasonably big turn around for a summer window nevermind January. We’re really struggling for goals and whilst Rodney has been down right awful at times this season, he can score at this level as we saw last season. Is this what we will see again in the summer? No idea what our 11 or even squad will be tomorrow, could kind of understand it if we were languishing in the bottom 2; but we haven’t done too bad thus far so not sure this level of change was required! Hope there’s a sell on fee as you never know with Rodney. 

I reckon sideis

holly

Worral smith hall Jones hussy

Garraty pett cooper

wilson  harratt

Archived