onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

3 minutes ago, ValiantEffort said:

Regarding Devante I was told when we signed him , from somebody who knew him from his younger years at Man C that he had a terrible attitude- I dismissed this as he was now a Vale player. Maybe some truth in it now , hence the sale and performance’s 

He liked being the best striker in a <ovf censored> side, didn’t like being an afterthought in a much better team. Stinks of ego, and he’s no loss.

4 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I didn't say it wasn't. I'm just wondering what people wanted us to do...

Just sit & not get reinforcements in? We've got about 7/8 players who virtually walk into our first 11, out injured. His hand has been forced.

Gibbo, Proctor, Conlon, Cass. Who else?

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Gibbo, Proctor, Conlon, Cass. Who else?

Gibbo, Proc, Conlon, Cass, Jones, Wozza has been ill (still dont believe hes not carrying some kind of underlying niggle), Wilson just back from a bone break (still at 70%), Cov (not injured obviously but he's had to bring another keeper in), Jake Taylor for me could walk into our starting 11 when he gets going, Amoo just coming back (agree not a starter)

There's your 7/8 + Amoo makes 9.

DC's hand has been forced. He's said himself in his press conferences he didn't want to make wholesale changes but he's had to. It's pretty straight forward. Fair play to the club for backing him.

Out: Legge, Johnson, Politic, Cass, Lloyd, Burgess, Whitehead, Amos, Rodney
In: Holy, Hussey, Hall, Charsley, Cooper, Edmonson, Harratt, RCB on loan on Monday
Gibbo and Conlon out for 3-4 weeks.
We're very light on the ground in forward areas. Wilson (unfit), Edmonson (untested), Harratt (untested), Cooper (untested), Amoo (winger), Proctor (injured).
If all of this churn comes off, Flitcroft will look a genius.
How many nailed on starters are in that long list of players leaving though

After last season I thought there was more to come from Rodney with this season. For whatever reason it hasn’t worked out. Lets be honest Walsall isn’t a progressive move at all in my eyes, especially given the promise he showed at times and how much he was being touted as a future prospect that would bring us a big transfer fee. 

Harratt and Eddy have come in together because this Rodney deal has been strung along for much longer than they wanted, that’s my bet. So we’ve had his replacement here for ages, waiting for the guy to sort his contract out. It’ll be interesting to see a core 4 strikers of Wilson, Proctor and two others (or maybe more) in the summer because then DC can finally build the team he wants, all of his own players, without players who don’t fit the system being shoehorned in like Amooooo.

Just now, PV1973 said:

After last season I thought there was more to come from Rodney with this season. For whatever reason it hasn’t worked out. Lets be honest Walsall isn’t a progressive move at all in my eyes, especially given the promise he showed at times and how much he was being touted as a future prospect that would bring us a big transfer fee. 

He's also had a little nibble in his interview with Walsall saying that their style of play is a big reason he has made the move. Clearly didn't fit into DCs system. If the rumours about his poor attitude are true, good riddance.

Done well to get a bit of money for him as I think he may have just sulked for the next 12 months if not.

It would be interesting to know the fees in and out that have been involved. It might be as simple as using the Johnson money to buy Hussey in etc. but it knowing if we’ve spent more / bought in more or broken even would be worth analysing. If it’s cost more than gained financially then it doesn’t really matter anyway, because the players we’ve bought in are loads better. If he’s made a profit then Carol Bezos with a bob.

Archived