onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

34 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Good luck to Rodney. Flattered to deceive.

As a side issue i'll be fuming if he's made a lazarus like recovery and features for them seeing as we haven't seen sight nor sound of him since Bristol Rovers.

Obviously be the infamous 'undisclosed fee '. 

Never saw him at his best as this season has been a total write off for him .

To anyone, other than Walsall 

Out: Legge, Johnson, Politic, Cass, Lloyd, Burgess, Whitehead, Amos, Rodney

In: Holy, Hussey, Hall, Charsley, Cooper, Edmonson, Harratt, RCB on loan on Monday

Gibbo and Conlon out for 3-4 weeks.

We're very light on the ground in forward areas. Wilson (unfit), Edmonson (untested), Harratt (untested), Cooper (untested), Amoo (winger), Proctor (injured).

If all of this churn comes off, Flitcroft will look a genius.

14 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Can’t say I’m thrilled with it either. It’s a reasonably big turn around for a summer window nevermind January. We’re really struggling for goals and whilst Rodney has been down right awful at times this season, he can score at this level as we saw last season. Is this what we will see again in the summer? No idea what our 11 or even squad will be tomorrow, could kind of understand it if we were languishing in the bottom 2; but we haven’t done too bad thus far so not sure this level of change was required! Hope there’s a sell on fee as you never know with Rodney. 

I'm not understanding why people are questioning the amount of changes we've made this January.

In any normal January you'd want to freshen things up & add a few news faces to the group. Add to that the colossal amount of injuries hampering the club & it's pretty straight forward why we've seen so many changes. 

DC is trying his best to fill the gaps which have been left by this unbelievable run of injuries. Let's just get down there tomorrow & back the lads. If we can get a win I can honestly see us going on a decent run between now & end of the season. I like the signings we've made & I like the decisions on the players who have left.

Brentford - We've played well, most ppl were buzzing after that game despite the scoreline.

Swindon - 1 each going into half time. Yes we hadn't been great but it was 1 each. 10 men 2nd half = no chance against the best possession based side in the league.

Salford - Play that game 10 times we win 9. Massively unlucky. Would've been gutted with a point.

Orient - Did okay. Clean sheet, stopped the run of losses.

Let's get back on the horse, take a reality check & crack on for the next 22 games. You've got to be positive. Fresh faces, some good signings & hopefully some of our better players returning to fitness shortly. 

UTV 🟡

16 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Just out of interest who was Rodney’s replacement? 

I think he was expected to start up top with Wilson with Proctor as back up. Obviously Proctor forced his way into the side. I think Rodney started as number one striker until Proctor had to be picked. The only goal Rodney scored trickled over the line after a miss hit although they all count,.

He's barely been seen since Swindon which i think was September 11th. The previous week he was atrocious/disinterested as a sub against Rochdale and then incredibly got selected at Swindon where in fairness he played very well.

The biggest issue for me is that Clarke’s now got to re-build another great team spirit, good togetherness and most importantly a winning mentality.

It seemed like we had all of these factors at one point. 

It all seems very strange if you ask me. It’s like two seasons in one.

We've gone from expecting top 3 / play offs to having no idea what to expect. 

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think it's entirely possible to feel a bit overwhelmed by the amount of transfers and still 'get down to Vale Park and get behind the lads'.

I didn't say it wasn't. I'm just wondering what people wanted us to do...

Just sit & not get reinforcements in? We've got about 7/8 players who virtually walk into our first 11, out injured. His hand has been forced.

Archived