onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

7 minutes ago, toyahw said:

By every manager.  Has he got dirty videos of Bruno Brown Aspin Askey and Clarke on his laptop? 

No idea he never gets injured so that's credit to him .

He as improved big 25 games left this season including play offs and play off final we need everyone step up if we have a corner or set piece I want see a Vale player on the end of them more frequently than usual the centre halfs have got to affect the game in the opposition area  

I was just using Smith as a example folk being moaning about Rodney and his impact well you gotta ask what impact as J Wilson had since his injury .

Are you enjoying his performances ?

Hole in  foot or not you gotta be showing more than what he currently is .

In my humble opinion of course .

UTV 

53 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

No disrespect to Politic as he did a great job for us but hopefully this lad will be fitter and ready to do 90 mins

When is his contract up? could this be a view to a permanent deal in the summer?

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe, I don’t know if he’s coming as our number 1. Surely this means the end for both our current keepers, and they'll be gotten rid of in the summer or leave under their own esteem in the summer. If this is the case the club IMO is developing a revolving door policy. This surely can’t be good, as teams who use the least number of players, seem to be the most successful.

I accept that we’ve had to deal with injuries to important players, then we’ve got the Rodney scenario (whatever is happening there). There seems to be a lot of tinkering around, which wasn’t good for us at the beginning of the season.

I would be surprised if Holy has chosen trade the bench at Ipswich for the bench at Vale Park. He's been a regular League 1 keeper in recent years.

I also imagine we're paying a certain % of his wages and it would be pointless to do so if he's going to sit on his backside, a role Stone has admirably performed for most of the season.

I think DC and Flitcroft lost faith in Covolan after the 2nd red. I predicted post-game we wouldn't see him again in a Vale shirt as Clarke wouldn't like that sort of daft silliness. We may see him again if Holy goes back in the summer (though he is out of contract), but right now I think this is a short-term stopgap amidst a loss of confidence in the keepers signed.

1 hour ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

DC won't play that formation 

It's just what I would like to see, something like it. I want to see us playing with two wide players at Vale Park. For us to stop worrying about the opposition so much and let them worry about us. We were doing that for a while at the beginning of the season as we were flying out of the traps, and not always getting what we deserved. But we've gone away from that of late and have often been crap in the first half, often playing "safe" and at a slow tempo.

So are we all thinking that one more will come in? although you never know with DC

You would think it will be a permanent deal unless Cass leaves or there might be chance yet that we sign Cass(that imo would be a good move with potential as he has shown enough to us for us to see he can be a very good player)

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

John Akinde signed for colchester. Good signing that, always scored a lot in this division 

Tbf i think he has only really done it at Barnet so the jury will be out on that one for me

I cant see us bringing in another striker now even if Rodders goes

48 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I actually think that in the case of Covolan that he’s a competent keeper and has done well in the main, but those red cards are costly and I’m guessing that would test the patience of the manager. Was he like that in the national league? A player that makes rash decisions? 

He played two seasons for Torquay and never had a card of any colour.

6 minutes ago, Beech said:

It's just what I would like to see, something like it. I want to see us playing with two wide players at Vale Park. For us to stop worrying about the opposition so much and let them worry about us. We were doing that for a while at the beginning of the season as we were flying out of the traps, and not always getting what we deserved. But we've gone away from that of late and have often been crap in the first half, often playing "safe" and at a slow tempo.

Totally agree 

Imo we have been worked out by the better managers

They know that we will start 5 at the back and so press our midfield if we go behind DC changes, I've seen us go behind then Totally dominate games, get back and then revert back to 5

Archived