onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

55 minutes ago, philmpv said:
59 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
Always thought he was a solid left back when we played against them and I thought he’d be better. However I don’t think that wing back is his role and frankly it actually shows that even though the grass seems greener on the other side we already had 2 better players in Gibbo and Worral. Maybe he’d be better in a traditional back 4. 

People have defended him using that argument before. He played WB at Mansfield as well. Neither Gibbo nor Worrall are WBs, but they're much better. Neither was Monty, and he was too

Not really defending him, just posing the question that maybe he would be better in a back 4 and he isn’t suited to wingback. Not every fullback can become a wingback, he cant have been rubbish all his career and as I know nothing about Mansfield I’ve assumed they’ve mainly played as a back 4 during his time there. 

Advert

8 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

’ve really been disappointed with the time Mal Benning has spent on the pitch. We were chasing him for some time and believed he’d be going to a L1 team. When we signed him I believed that he was a marquee signing and would bring some quality and class to our first team and would certainly be a nominee for player of the season. For me very disappointing and twelve months of his career wasted. Does anyone else feel the same or did you expect it to work out this way.?

I agree with you totally but I have mixed feelings. I think he's been the most disappointing of the signings because of high expectations. Generally he has struggled but I thought when he and Politic played together ( rare occasion) they appeared to form a decent understanding and looked dangerous. 

I also don't think he has had a fair crack either, his confidence must be very low. He's basically dropped down to 3rd choice LWB or even 4th behind Jones. The home game against Salford was case in point.When Hall went of injured it seemed obvious to me to maintain balance of the team and keep our threat he needed to come on LWB and move Hussey to LCB but instead DC moved Gibbo into LWB. I thought this nullified our attacking threat.

Personally speaking I would like to see more of Benning and hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.

7 hours ago, mvb said:

if you look throughout the EFL and the Premiership , the teams (95% or more ) that spend the most money have the most success , its a fact of business life , and running a football club is a business , Carol and her team have put the club back on an even footing , all revenue is now being fed back into the club , not into a fat controllers pocket , gates are up , expectation is up , so I am sorry investment is paramount to keep the momentum going  

Where do you get 95% from? I think that's a ridiculously high number, considering Arsenal / Everton / Tottenham / Newcastle / Leeds / West Ham / Watford  have all spent relativelt high money...Man Utd, even, post-Fergie...with little or no success in their League. And looking at some of the basket cases in the Championship, that figure decreases significantly!

15 minutes ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

This is a brilliant back up signing, this will surely keep convolan on his toes and keep producing for the vale, cracking business carol

201E8EF9-2C9F-4A7F-8EC1-4E477A5D8FDE.png

Holy is in no way coming in to be a backup. He's our number 1.

13 minutes ago, MBE said:

I agree with you totally but I have mixed feelings. I think he's been the most disappointing of the signings because of high expectations. Generally he has struggled but I thought when he and Politic played together ( rare occasion) they appeared to form a decent understanding and looked dangerous. 

I also don't think he has had a fair crack either, his confidence must be very low. He's basically dropped down to 3rd choice LWB or even 4th behind Jones. The home game against Salford was case in point.When Hall went of injured it seemed obvious to me to maintain balance of the team and keep our threat he needed to come on LWB and move Hussey to LCB but instead DC moved Gibbo into LWB. I thought this nullified our attacking threat.

Personally speaking I would like to see more of Benning and hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.

Agree here, and i think you have nailed it with his partnership with Politic. Now like i'd imagine 95% on here i only had Vale v Mansfield games to go on. He had a superb partnership with CJ Hamilton at Mansfield and at times they were excellent. obviously i'm basing that on maybe 4 or 5 times i saw him against us. He hasn't formed any sort of partnership at Vale and i'd describe his Vale career as bitty . 

Has he been a world beater nope, but he's certainly no Ray Deakin or David Fitzpatrick.

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Agree here, and i think you have nailed it with his partnership with Politic. Now like i'd imagine 95% on here i only had Vale v Mansfield games to go on. He had a superb partnership with CJ Hamilton at Mansfield and at times they were excellent. obviously i'm basing that on maybe 4 or 5 times i saw him against us. He hasn't formed any sort of partnership at Vale and i'd describe his Vale career as bitty . 

Has he been a world beater nope, but he's certainly no Ray Deakin or David Fitzpatrick.

Maybe he isn’t the type of player that can carry a game to the opposition like Worrall and gibbo can in the wingback role. Not every full back is suitable for the wingback role and they may need a winger in front of them to be more effective in a game. 

20 hours ago, blackdog said:

I feared at some point Carol would be accused of not "Splashing the cash" personally I think it's grossly unfair, I notice that the WUM's are starting to dig Carol out, she does not under any circumstances deserve that.  She is building a club from the bottom up after years of neglect and don't forget liquidations, for goodness sake we don't need that scenario again.  I realise it wont be popular but patience is the key.

The best post by far on any thread/topic in a long time 100% agree with this

Archived