onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

One thing for sure is neither of today's signings were 'data' signings, as there wouldn't be any data on them this season.

I’m not sure that’s for sure… Did you listen to Flickers interview the other day? We have invested in new tech and platforms that allow us to watch games all the way down to U21 that are live or they can be watched later… so sounds like there is a database.

There will be plenty of data on Holy given his number of games in league 1.

Advert

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I have no idea how we would have scouted Cooper as he's played 4 league minutes this season, unless Flitters was scouting the NIFL last season.

This is what I mean though.

I imagine they will have been looking for a 'ball carrying winger that provides a goal threat'. Searched through masses of data. Found a list of players that fit the criteria. Found out who is potentially available. Watched match footage of them and come up with a decision on whether to pursue them or not. I don't know this for sure, but Flitcroft was talking about this type of recruitment in his recent YouTube interview.

I'm glad to see we've gone beyond turning up live on a matchday and watching players as our 'scouting'. If we ever even did that, with the random and bizarre signings we've consistently made!

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Cooper? Based on 4 minutes of football this season? 

We won’t play with wingers unless 2 or Rodney, Amoo or Worrall are fit. It will be 352 with probably the only change being the keeper unless players are coming back like Jones 

I’m guessing it will be. 

Holy 

Cass Smith Martin Hall Hussey

Walker Pett Garrity

Wilson Harratt

I’m guessing 

holy

worral  smith hall jones hussy

garrity pett  cooper

wilson harratt

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Cooper? Based on 4 minutes of football this season? 

We won’t play with wingers unless 2 or Rodney, Amoo or Worrall are fit. It will be 352 with probably the only change being the keeper unless players are coming back like Jones 

I’m guessing it will be. 

Holy 

Cass Smith Martin Hall Hussey

Walker Pett Garrity

Wilson Harratt

It's not the team I'd select tomorrow. But what could be something like our best team right now not including the current players who are injured. At Vale Park how many times do we see teams play with wingers and take full advantage of such a big pitch? It's time we started doing the same once again, and that also means playing Worrall in his favoured position and not pissing around as a right wing-back.

28 minutes ago, Beech said:

It's not the team I'd select tomorrow. But what could be something like our best team right now not including the current players who are injured. At Vale Park how many times do we see teams play with wingers and take full advantage of such a big pitch? It's time we started doing the same once again, and that also means playing Worrall in his favoured position and not pissing around as a right wing-back.

I agree it is time we did that, whenever I’ve seen vale have success it’s been using the wingers however it seems a style that DC has no interest in playing. If he wouldnt play it when we had Worrall fit and Politic I can’t see him doing it now. Agree Worrall wasted at RWB. 

To me I imagine Hussey has been our most expensive signing, he’s a LWB, kind of details how we will continue to play 

1 hour ago, Beech said:

New 11:

Holy

Smith   Hall   Jones   Hussey

Worrall   Pett   Garrity   Cooper

Wilson   Harratt

Subs: Stone, Martin, Cass, Benning, Walker, Amoo, Edmondson

Let's put a few past Scunthorpe tomorrow and get the good vibes back!

No wonder this fixture congestion is getting out of hand if we're playing them tomorrow as well. 

33 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m not sure that’s for sure… Did you listen to Flickers interview the other day? We have invested in new tech and platforms that allow us to watch games all the way down to U21 that are live or they can be watched later… so sounds like there is a database.

There will be plenty of data on Holy given his number of games in league 1.

Videos and data will be historic not just this season so plenty to work from.

I’ve really been disappointed with the time Mal Benning has spent on the pitch. We were chasing him for some time and believed he’d be going to a L1 team. When we signed him I believed that he was a marquee signing and would bring some quality and class to our first team and would certainly be a nominee for player of the season. For me very disappointing and twelve months of his career wasted. Does anyone else feel the same or did you expect it to work out this way.?

Welcome to both players and hope you'll both enjoy success.

I'll admit to being baffled by the Holy signing seeing as 50% of the Covolan ban is completed . He's certainly got a good pedigree so a good signing which leaves big question marks for Covolan or Stone for the remainder of the season.

I'd say another midfielder possibly permanent will be coming in. Let's get a cheeky bid in for Mr Guy . 

I’ve really been disappointed with the time Mal Benning has spent on the pitch. We were chasing him for some time and believed he’d be going to a L1 team. When we signed him I believed that he was a marquee signing and would bring some quality and class to our first team and would certainly be a nominee for player of the season. For me very disappointing and twelve months of his career wasted. Does anyone else feel the same or did you expect it to work out this way.?
I wasn't impressed with him at all in pre-season and posted as much on here. That said, I gave him the benefit of the doubt but agree with you that he's been poor (in my eyes) and certainly hasn't lived up to the hype. That said, I am dubious as to the basis for that hype. I very much doubt that many, if any, on here saw him play other than against us in previous seasons so can only imagine the Mansfield fans opinions were the predominant factor. One poster on here kept referring to him as having had 'an illustrious career', despite it all bar a handful of games being at L2 level. One to bin for me in the summer

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Always thought he was a solid left back when we played against them and I thought he’d be better. However I don’t think that wing back is his role and frankly it actually shows that even though the grass seems greener on the other side we already had 2 better players in Gibbo and Worral. Maybe he’d be better in a traditional back 4. 

Always thought he was a solid left back when we played against them and I thought he’d be better. However I don’t think that wing back is his role and frankly it actually shows that even though the grass seems greener on the other side we already had 2 better players in Gibbo and Worral. Maybe he’d be better in a traditional back 4. 
People have defended him using that argument before. He played WB at Mansfield as well.

"He scored a winning goal against local rivals Chesterfield on 14 April, which earned him the nickname "Sir Mal" from supporters.[39] This was his only goal from 34 appearances in the 2017–18 season, one in which Mansfield finished one place outside the play-offs.[40] Benning adapted well to the new manager's wing-back system and after he increased his running statistics towards the end of the season credited Flitcroft's work ethic in training for his improved fitness levels.[41][42]"

Neither Gibbo nor Worrall are WBs, but they're much better. Neither was Monty, and he was too

Archived