onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Where has the 'not breaking the bank' thing come from - have I missed something that's been said today? I've heard DC say in the past they have a wage structure and DF say that's why we lost out on Politic but a lot of people have quoted it today - so just interested what I've missed

Advert

8 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Wait till wrexham and Stockport get promoted we'll have less chance next year. Not sure we should be shelling out for a director of football and a manager at this level. Spending far to much money on staff.

Depends - Salford have thrown cash around for a while and still in lg 2 

Just now, maccapvfc said:

Where has the 'not breaking the bank' thing come from - have I missed something that's been said today? I've heard DC say in the past they have a wage structure and DF say that's why we lost out on Politic but a lot of people have quoted it today - so just interested what I've missed

See the quotes on the page before, regarding Loft and Hemmings.

Why don’t they pay decent players more, then if anyone complains tell them that the more expensive player has achievements inkeeping with their remuneration. Want more money? Do good football stuff and then ask.

6 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Appears the keeper we could be after is Thomas Holy from Ipswich according to Pete O’Rourke. Can’t claim to know much of him other than using the famous scouting tool Wikipedia his height is apparently 6ft9in.

If that is the case, then I think it's safe to say DC doesn't feel he can rely on Lucas any longer - rather than my earlier thoughts it could be we're just looking for a short term reserve goalie. 

7 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Appears the keeper we could be after is Thomas Holy from Ipswich according to Pete O’Rourke. Can’t claim to know much of him other than using the famous scouting tool Wikipedia his height is apparently 6ft9in.

Not a great name for a keeper 

prefer solid ones 

5 minutes ago, maccapvfc said:

If that is the case, then I think it's safe to say DC doesn't feel he can rely on Lucas any longer - rather than my earlier thoughts it could be we're just looking for a short term reserve goalie. 

Yeah I think the key here will be the length of any agreement. If it’s just a month then obviously don’t think there are any long term implications for Lucas. Any longer and you’ve got to wonder.

Being honest my opinion on Lucas has softened a lot certainly in comparison to what it was of him at half time of the Swindon game. I wouldn’t blame DC though if at the back of his mind he’s thinking can I trust him not to do that in a playoff game for example.

33 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Ipswich fans not overly complementary of him on twitter, however we've got to trust the process.

Our first Czech player if he signs?

If you are on about the comments on the tweet from Peter O Rourke there is only 1 fan saying they don’t rate him (at the time of writing)… that may be totally representative of the Ipswich fan base, or might be one of their mouth breathers… we have a few of our own.

Archived