onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Well if you're not counting fully professional clubs then Legge only turned pro at age 24. Not really fair to count professional clubs for one guy from ages 18 to 24 and not count non-professional clubs for another player at the same ages.
Agreed, I admire players that come up the hard way.

Advert

13 hours ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

4/6 a good price to be fair this weekend, £50 on that, got faith in DC to turn this around, as shown at the start of the season, we can play some good stuff when switched on, just look at the Brentford game, come on you vale, playoffs are more or less a guarantee and i have a good feeling about this set of lads, we’re surely too big for this league

DCEDBE43-1E5C-4517-B7DE-1612B8F3783B.png

I don't want to p*** on your cornflakes but playoffs are definitely not more or less guaranteed. I have faith that we have the right setup at the club but there are way too many variables at play and nobody knows when this bad run will end and things that are not helping - injuries, suspensions, the form of other clubs (Mansfield's is a great example of the season being a marathon and not a sprint, but they could fall away in coming weeks). We dropped 3 points against a very poor Salford side at home, which I'm hoping was our rock bottom and we are coming up from.

There is a long way to go and it's great to be positive but we are not guaranteed playoffs. 

On 25/01/2022 at 10:43, valeparklife said:

We're being linked to Aston Villa striker Brad Young.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-striker-young-set-for-loan-as-swindon-northampton-mansfield-and-port-vale-swoop/

Spent the first half of the season at Carlisle, but didn't score in his 14 appearances.

Do we need another striker? I'm not sure we do personally.

Somebody on the Walsall forum saying that Rodney was at the club on Monday, but it looks like their could been an issue, possibly medical. Somebody else saying that he could have been hospitalised laughing after the contract offer got to the wages bit.

6 minutes ago, capirex said:

Somebody on the Walsall forum saying that Rodney was at the club on Monday, but it looks like their could been an issue, possibly medical. Somebody else saying that he could have been hospitalised laughing after the contract offer got to the wages bit.

I’ve seen they don’t exactly rate Mills as well 😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m wondering if NUFC would pay him off now and if so would we sign him on a permanent basis. If not this could be another Politic. Would others want us to sign Cass.?

100% no question. He'll improve defensively with experience. He has stuff that's difficult to find at this level, in terms of CBs driving with the ball and bringing it out of defence. He's 50 games into his professional career and looks good at this level already.

Newcastle won't pay him off - clubs will be bidding for him. I think the likes of MK Dons will be all over this.

54 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Agent working overtime or wonder if any truth

I swear I read somewhere when Cass first came here he’d signed an extension at Newcastle so I’m not sure he is out of contract end of this season for starters. His versatility is going to be very important for us for the rest of the season so hope nothing does come of this.

7 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I swear I read somewhere when Cass first came here he’d signed an extension at Newcastle so I’m not sure he is out of contract end of this season for starters. His versatility is going to be very important for us for the rest of the season so hope nothing does come of this.

@Guppys left peg I don't think he did. Another loanee George Lloyd, came here on loan after signing a contract extension with Cheltenham. Are you confusing the two perhaps? 

Archived