onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

26 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

We're being linked to Aston Villa striker Brad Young.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-striker-young-set-for-loan-as-swindon-northampton-mansfield-and-port-vale-swoop/

Spent the first half of the season at Carlisle, but didn't score in his 14 appearances.

Do we need another striker? I'm not sure we do personally.

🤪especially one who cant score!🥸

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Do we need another striker? I'm not sure we do personally.

I guess it depends on how long Proctor is out and the situation with Rodney. With those two out, we have four strikers to select from - one of which, Wilson, looks half-fit as he's still coming back from injury. 

The January window is supposedly very difficult to get permanent deals sorted so there may not be that many options other than loan ones available. If those two are out for any time I guess it's better to have a forward option in the ranks, even a relatively untested youngster, than to be in the situation before where there was no-one upfront. We have got room for another loanee what with Lloyd and Politic both going back, we've only got three at the moment.

That all said, there's plenty of these type of rumours flying around at the moment and a lot of it is made-up nonsense. 

Makes no sense to me either. Last thing we need is another youngster up front. I know money is always a constraint on us bringing players in but we desperately need a player who can lead the line. If Rodney is either off to another club or missing for a length of time we cannot rely on Wilson and Amoo as they are not that kind of player. I would have preferred us to use any monies that were available to be put towards a front man rather than Hall and Hussey, decent as they both appear to be.

I do think there seems to be some kind of injury Bermuda triangle that we have, Taylor, Jones, Rodney, youth players and the reserve keeper have disappeared into it and yes I get we don't need to advertise our team to the opposition but what is really going on??

Young came on against us when we played Carlisle at the beginning of the season, he only got 15 minutes. I wonder if those 14 appearances were mostly subs. Apparently he did score 3 goals when he was there, but not league goals it seems.

Maybe he was recalled because he wasn't getting enough game time? If we are in for him then could this mean Rodney is on his way out after all and Procter is out for longer than we have expected? 

I'd like to see us bring in a creative midfielder as a priority over another striker personally. And if we must bring another one in, someone who is good in the air and can hold the ball up.

Echoing what other people have said, given the profile of the other young strikers we’ve signed on loan, this one wouldn’t make sense.

Someone who can play either side of a front three and in the number 10 position would be more logical. 

13 hours ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

That comment is as bad as the fans that slate Rodney.

He is struggling to get a game in DC plans. Hes had chances and hes been part of the squad for the first dozen or so games. He didnt take his chances.

My thoughts last season, could never u understand the fans telling us he is the next million pound plus player.  Poor player for me who has been about for a few years now and has never made a go of it. Last season yes he had success but not a footballer and DC thi ks the same way.

Interesting to compare Vale fans views on players like Gibbo and Wozza, 100% triers, and Rodney. No one is going to have a great game week in week out. However we recognise when a player is giving his all, equally we recognise when a player isnt. Rodney has suffered because of the latter.

Winger and a passing CM are absolute fundamental priorities. CB and an experienced ST are subsidiary but would be nice. If I'm being picky we get another wing-back as we're down to 3 (not hopeful on Gibbo) and one of them is Mal Benning.

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

nteresting to compare Vale fans views on players like Gibbo and Wozza, 100% triers, and Rodney. No one is going to have a great game week in week out. However we recognise when a player is giving his all, equally we recognise when a player isnt. Rodney has suffered because of the latter.

I think it's body language. There is no doubt in my mind Rodney gives 100% but I feel fans expect him to charge around at full speed all the time, which is physically impossible to do. At the moment he does not understand when to charge and when to conserve his energy which can make him look too laid back at times. 

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I think it's body language. There is no doubt in my mind Rodney gives 100% but I feel fans expect him to charge around at full speed all the time, which is physically impossible to do. At the moment he does not understand when to charge and when to conserve his energy which can make him look too laid back at times. 

Leon Constantine used to suffer the same criticism. 

Archived