onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

3 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Couldn't agree more.

I've been ashamed by the way fans have turned on the lad, especially seeing as he was a key factor in keeping us up. Maybe his downturn in form can also be traced back to fans being allowed back in the building. He probably took a heavy touch in August and people have been on his back ever since.

I'm getting so tired of our fanbase, and it goes beyond Rodney. The ground is always half empty five minutes from time. We go from this "HMS P*ss The League" balls to "we're rubbish" in a week. It's embarrassing. I love the club, but it doesn't have the fans it deserves.

Totally agree 

A section of our fans may have smashed all his confidence away 

Gibbo is probably the best player at the club. Gutted for him. But we have plenty of cover. Jones can also do WB.  Both sides.  Wilson is an odd one. He needs the system to suit him. Ball to feet outside the box. He's not a target man.  Rodders, who knows?  There is a potential player there but who knows what is going on? Thought he had just hit his stride when out again. Definitely gone backwards for whatever reason.

The two young lads up front, potential, but too big an ask for them to propel us to promotion. Hall has looked an upgrade. Hussey has been alright.  But seems to just whack it in when we have no one there without getting his head up.

We need a quality midfielder to replace Conlon. An experienced striker who knows where the net is.  But these do not grow on trees. It will be a battle to get something out of this season.

We can do it. But it is looking a tough ask at this time. 

57 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Totally agree 

A section of our fans may have smashed all his confidence away 

That comment is as bad as the fans that slate Rodney.

He is struggling to get a game in DC plans. Hes had chances and hes been part of the squad for the first dozen or so games. He didnt take his chances.

My thoughts last season, could never u understand the fans telling us he is the next million pound plus player.  Poor player for me who has been about for a few years now and has never made a go of it. Last season yes he had success but not a footballer and DC thi ks the same way.

Them games off have affected everything within the club .

Gibbons out is a tremendous loss ,Conlon a loss but not major feel Walker adds the steel required to win scrappy games and to be honest he is decent on the ball also noticeable that since he as played we had 62 per cent possession v Salford and 53 per cent v Orient so we getting the ball back more since Conlons injury .

However we haven't scored only a worldie by Harratt v Swindon the only goal in 270 mins (plus injury time )not that we didn't deserve too v Salford because we did but the fact is we didn't .

Didn't really see game v Orient but judging by stats and goal attempts not much going on there .

So it's a critical time in the season we need score yet we starting games with Wilson (still not up to speed how long does it take for a player be match fit as they have to be fit be a footballer in the first place ).

Rodney who v Burton I thought second half getting his excellent all round game together yet no one seen him since limping off v BR .

Proctor will he be like Wilson (taking 5 games get to the level we need the lad to  be at ).

I think it's a big ask .

Too many injured players his stopping us playing at full tilt and it could cost us a top 7 place .

It's a vital week if we ambitions get out of league 2.

If nothing happens then I take it we are happy to stay in league 2 mind you having 6 new players guarantees you nothing as they have to gel because if I was Hussey I'd be wondering why I bother crossing the ball in .

So I'd like see a goalscoring centre half turn up at Vale I've watched a bit of national league with only having bt and Bromley have a centre half who connects with every set piece situation just what's required at a  rowdy Vale park I'd like see our stats for corners(dead ball situations ) this season bet we have  had 300 and scored off 3 (that's a guess ).

Promotion winning sides find other ways win games when Vale have being promoted in the past (not often I know )Mccombe Griffiths Glover etc have popped up with vital goals .

Big week for the Vale 

12 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

That comment is as bad as the fans that slate Rodney.

He is struggling to get a game in DC plans. Hes had chances and hes been part of the squad for the first dozen or so games. He didnt take his chances.

My thoughts last season, could never u understand the fans telling us he is the next million pound plus player.  Poor player for me who has been about for a few years now and has never made a go of it. Last season yes he had success but not a footballer and DC thi ks the same way.

He’s been with us for a season and a half. First season, did pretty well without being spectacular, however so far this season has had a number of set backs. 

he’s still under contract so unless someone is paying a fee or we’re settling his contract early (highly unlikely) then he’ll be staying put and I for one hope that he can continue to develop with us. He’s still relatively young so why wouldn’t we want to develop him…..but that will mean we will have to accept the inconsistencies in his game rather than just looking for a scapegoat as our fan base usually do 

Walker adds steel. He had a good game.  No problem. But a midfield of Pett Garrity Walker, no guile in there.  Leads to a game as vs Orient.  Where we can grind one out.  Not going to get us up that.  Maybe that is our destination?  

We need a spark from somewhere  to go up. 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Them games off have affected everything within the club .

Gibbons out is a tremendous loss ,Conlon a loss but not major feel Walker adds the steel required to win scrappy games and to be honest he is decent on the ball also noticeable that since he as played we had 62 per cent possession v Salford and 53 per cent v Orient so we getting the ball back more since Conlons injury .

However we haven't scored only a worldie by Harratt v Swindon the only goal in 270 mins (plus injury time )not that we didn't deserve too v Salford because we did but the fact is we didn't .

Didn't really see game v Orient but judging by stats and goal attempts not much going on there .

So it's a critical time in the season we need score yet we starting games with Wilson (still not up to speed how long does it take for a player be match fit as they have to be fit be a footballer in the first place ).

Rodney who v Burton I thought second half getting his excellent all round game together yet no one seen him since limping off v BR .

Proctor will he be like Wilson (taking 5 games get to the level we need the lad to  be at ).

I think it's a big ask .

Too many injured players his stopping us playing at full tilt and it could cost us a top 7 place .

It's a vital week if we ambitions get out of league 2.

If nothing happens then I take it we are happy to stay in league 2 mind you having 6 new players guarantees you nothing as they have to gel because if I was Hussey I'd be wondering why I bother crossing the ball in .

So I'd like see a goalscoring centre half turn up at Vale I've watched a bit of national league with only having bt and Bromley have a centre half who connects with every set piece situation just what's required at a  rowdy Vale park I'd like see our stats for corners(dead ball situations ) this season bet we have  had 300 and scored off 3 (that's a guess ).

Promotion winning sides find other ways win games when Vale have being promoted in the past (not often I know )Mccombe Griffiths Glover etc have popped up with vital goals .

Big week for the Vale 

Great Post. 

I found it so odd that the only negative call into P&G was about Rodney after the Burton game. I had to text in to disagree ( I'm Rob from Bristol). 

Devante seems like a unique character, I just wish Vale fans could get behind their players more. We used to.

I remember the first time I saw Ollie Palmer for Crawley, thinking who is that unit they have got up front, then relaxing because he was useless. A full season of games under his belt and he looked ok. A couple of seasons later and he is being sold for decent money.

It just goes to show what can happen to a player when they are given a consistent run of games for a sustained period of time. He has had a very average career up until Crawley other than a couple of good seasons for Havant and Waterlooville 10 years ago.

Rodney has been in and out of our team, mainly in a position that most agree doesn't get the best out of him. People should give the lad a break. He frightens the opposition and often forces them to play with a deeper line, creating more space for the midfield. It isn't just about what he does on the ball.

Good to see some posts more reflective of the realism of where we are.

Two months ago, things looked rosy.

Injuries and a long lay off have taken the steam out of the season.

Time to dig in and build up some momentum again.

It's a long season!

Archived