onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Big week on the transfer front. I’m expecting at least 3 new additions. The quality of those additions will have a big impact on our season. 

I think at the very minimum we need 1 winger/forward and 2 centre-midfielders. There is also space for a right sided centre-half and depending on the Rodney situation, another striker.

Advert

People wont agree but for me the club had banked on Gibbo being sold this month,now that wont happen,i really feel sorry for Gibbo(whats this the 3rd time in a year or so he has done hamstrings?) because i doubt now bigger clubs will take a gamble on his hamstrings,also will vale take the gamble as well....got to feel for the lad
How the club is run now i dont think we bank on anything until the money is in the bank. I also would of thought we would of lined up replacement if we were expecting him to go. As gutted as i feel for Gibbo the one positive to take from it is he might stay another year now

7 hours ago, werstayinup said:

People wont agree but for me the club had banked on Gibbo being sold this month,now that wont happen,i really feel sorry for Gibbo(whats this the 3rd time in a year or so he has done hamstrings?) because i doubt now bigger clubs will take a gamble on his hamstrings,also will vale take the gamble as well....got to feel for the lad

i agree, although against salford he was holding the back of his leg. the same may apply to conlon.😏

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

So decided to have a gander at the walsall forum...wow they are a depressed bunch on there,it seems the main Rodders rumour came at their game when someone was told by someone that they signed him yesterday so must be true i guess 🙂

On a side note though from reading that forum 2 names were mentioned by them who they would like to see them go for,one was Danny Johnson at Mansfield who now seems to have a battle on to get his place back now they have signed Akins and are winning and scoring. Also Charlie Kirk(ex crewe) not getting games at Charlton..... would either of those 2 do a job for us do we reckon?

Johnson was the ginger lad that top scored for Leyton Orient last season wasn’t he?

Both him and Kirk would be on decent money and I can’t see Mansfield letting Johnson go.

That said… he would be a good addition!

Re Rodney . Physically a premier league player. Football brains National League North.

L2 level playing as a LW is where is currently at. When he has a day he is unplayable. Can beat players for fun with his pace and I reckon could hold off a tank protecting the ball.He’s an absolute beast.

Sadly for him he’s doesn’t fit into our system and hasn’t progressed enough to show he can be our 3rd striker. We can’t rely on him to be a goal threat.

If we sell him which provides funds towards an experienced ST then I’m all for selling him, if not I think he’s worth preserving with.

Big week this feel we need a bit more desire in the final third a player who is always on the end of crosses a must I feel as at present we are as threatening as a circumcised cucumber. 

Get it sorted big week this week off the pitch let's hope by end of it we go into the game v Scunthorpe with renewed optimism

UTV 

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Should have gone for him in the summer (tshimanga) was definitely worth the risk, surprised we didn’t to be honest, would have thought he fitted the process perfectly 

Yeah I was surprised we weren't in for him.

Had a reputation as a real workhorse, young enough to improve, plus a good goal record only a division lower.

Really felt like a "Clarke" type player.

Archived