onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

20 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

... fans I know who support clubs previously managed by him...

What don't you understand about the written English? And I suspect there can't be that many fans with that opinion as he's been fairly successful at most other clubs? - Smallsall being the exception, of course! In my opinion of watching the Vale for 59 years he's one of the top 5 managers, already! And...like the Zebra/.Debra...there doesn't seem much in your opinion of DC to base that on?

Advert

20 hours ago, Mario said:
20 hours ago, CAVALIER said:
Just expressing what it is and passing on my 60 years worth of Vale watching along with the opinions of fans I know who support clubs previously managed by him. And your point exactly?

What did the Brizzle rovers fans say ?

Shouldn't ask that type of question - you know the truth isn't easy for him/them!

6 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

What don't you understand about the written English? And I suspect there can't be that many fans with that opinion as he's been fairly successful at most other clubs? - Smallsall being the exception, of course! In my opinion of watching the Vale for 59 years he's one of the top 5 managers, already! And...like the Zebra/.Debra...there doesn't seem much in your opinion of DC to base that on?

I think Cavalier was talking about what fans of other clubs have said about Flitcroft, not Clarke. 

15 hours ago, PV1973 said:

All season we haven’t been a team that’s been lumping crosses into the box. We’ve tried to play our way into the box to create better chances with pull backs and balls across the six yard box, rather than hopeful crosses in. Which is why I think the signing of hussey is strange, unless Clarke has changed how we play? Yet we don’t seem to have strikers who are strong in the air at the moment to be feeding off the crosses of Worrall, gibbo or hussey. 

I see it a bit differently in that having a LB / LWB who can whip in a good cross just gives us that option if we need it. It gives us more of a threat.

I guess it's up to DC as to whether we keep trying for FIFA goals with the cut back, but atleast we have a better chance of getting some different kinds of goals.

I agree on someone elses proctor comments. A big miss. Harrat did score a nice header and edmonson seems to be proctor build so maybe we will be ok in the air.

15 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Had seen a comment in that Facebook group to the effect of he was signing next week but I would say it’s one of those to treat with a pinch of salt. Great player though and got a bit of a nasty streak to him which we could probably do with.

if such a great player why has he been to 10 clubs or so?😐

The only one lately to be out there is the Matty Lund one but i think that surfaced on FB after he was mentioned on here for not coming on the other night. I doubt there is anything in that one but a decent experienced player at this level who i think has won promotion out of this league so i wouldn't mind him.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

The only one lately to be out there is the Matty Lund one but i think that surfaced on FB after he was mentioned on here for not coming on the other night. I doubt there is anything in that one but a decent experienced player at this level who i think has won promotion out of this league so i wouldn't mind him.

Another who prefers the half season / half holiday approach.

Wonder if Gibbons' injury will lower what we can/will do in the remainder of the window (IF there was any truth in rumours of him being sold)

Whatever, if him and Conlon are to be out for a while and Proctor is still a way from being fit, then it makes the next 9 days even more important for our promotion prospects.

Surely a busy week coming up for the signing pen?!

Archived