onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Having differing opinions on managers or players is fair enough BUT you are off the scale,your clear pathetic hatred of DC started before we had even played a game and to me your reaction to him has been silly from day one,you seem to want him and us to fail just for your own pig headed i told you so attitude and thats why i think you get abuse. We go on good runs,make a decent signing and you still refuse to give DC credit for anything at all and thats why its so pathetic.

After watching Norman trying to wreck the club for 5 years, I thought we had seen the light at the end of the tunnel when Carol and Kevin bought the club. I can't shake off the feeling that Clarke is a mediocre manager though and he doesn't help himself by releasing lots of players and then saying "maybe I was a bit harsh with some of them". I think we would have been better off appointing Flitcroft as manager, he is a lot more rational. Another Clarke thing I don't like is the way he spoke about Lucas after his sending off. He said he was not going to single anyone out but has been quite outspoken about Lucas being stupid and getting punished. The comment that he should have made a mans tackle if he was going to get sent off is also a bit strange. It seems like he is a control freak, tells the players what they should be doing all the time as if he always knows best.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

After watching Norman trying to wreck the club for 5 years, I thought we had seen the light at the end of the tunnel when Carol and Kevin bought the club. I can't shake off the feeling that Clarke is a mediocre manager though and he doesn't help himself by releasing lots of players and then saying "maybe I was a bit harsh with some of them". I think we would have been better off appointing Flitcroft as manager, he is a lot more rational. Another Clarke thing I don't like is the way he spoke about Lucas after his sending off. He said he was not going to single anyone out but has been quite outspoken about Lucas being stupid and getting punished. The comment that he should have made a mans tackle if he was going to get sent off is also a bit strange. It seems like he is a control freak, tells the players what they should be doing all the time as if he always knows best.

Get a grip will you

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't agree with what you say a lot of the time. I don't agree with this.  But I also don't like the stick you take for expressing a different opinion. It is a forum. Unfortunately in this modern world unless you go with the current popular flow you get murdered. Many times I think of posting stuff which is my opinion. Nothing controversial, but not going with the flow. I don't bother. It is not worth the grief.  There gets a collective mind set and anything else is not welcome.

Conformational bias.  Killing fair debate. So it goes.

There is no issue with anyone having a different opinion… I never agree with my vale supporting mates on everything and that’s absolutely fine.

But there is a clear difference between having a different view and running a campaigned systematic vendetta by spamming every thread and attempting to twist every single piece of news about the club into an attack to support that view.

The “stick” is aimed at their approach, not their view. 

The poster in question has made their bed in this case… I’m guessing it became a bit of a game for them and a bit of fun to be the contrary voice. 

Maybe if they hadn’t been so over the top about it their voice wouldnt be so disregarded and considered so pointless.

As people are saying, this is a forum, and everyone’s opinion should be heard… including those that ridicule someone for ridiculous behaviour. You can’t choose open forum and then not like the outcome it provides.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Give it a rest you numpty 

I think there's a difference of opinion (good!) and then every single post being aimed at criticising Clarke (bad!).

RZ has an interesting view on things, some of which there may be a crumb of sense in. Unfortunately, all he ever posts is 'Clarke isn't very good' in some format. Every thread, any topic, from transfers to match threads to interviews. It's unrelenting, now approaching a year since he was appointed.

I can't roll with the 'RZ is a victim of modern cancel culture and people can't handle a difference of opinion, there is no fair debate on here'. There's loads of debate on here - I don't particularly rate most people's player of the season in Garrity, or everyone's favourite CB Nathan Smith. People are quite happy to disagree and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I quite like Flitcroft - people whose opinion I value aren't as keen. Sound.

If I posted the same opinion on every single thread (i.e. Nathan Smith is overrated), for 11 months, on every single thread not even related to Smith, I'd get a load of stick for people who would think I had some personal issue with Smith/was on the wind-up/was derailing threads with deliberate bait, and rightly so.

I think it just grates on people to see the same comment, retyped 1000 times across every topic, for what is nearly a year despite a lot of contravening evidence. Have a read of the post history. A good 95% of what is posted is some derivative of 'Clarke isn't very good' or 'we shouldn't have released so many players'. 

It's a bit dull and comes across as a wind-up, even if that's genuinely his view. If he'd accepted DC was doing well when he won back to back manager of the months, or wasn't so incessant, or maybe offered a slightly less binary view on things, I think his 'difference of opinion' wouldn't be met with such ire. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am a, massive DC fan and where we are now from a year ago is amazing - think where we could be given another year. However, fan boy as I am, I can see inconsistencies between words and actions. I think some valid points have been over the last few days re DCs comments about injuries from the previous reign being poorly managed, yet now we have had a ravaged squad, it is put down to pure bad luck. Also his Lucas comments did indeed seem to me to hang the lad out to dry. However, much of what Darrell says to the press comes in the heat of the moment, and at the league 2 level I would not in any way shape or form class him as mediocre. At the end of the day, we are a smallish old fourth division team with limited budgets, and to procure the management setup that we now have is amazing. Reading the forums this week has been soul destroying in the negativity - have we forgotten what the last 20+ years have been like. 

26 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think there's a difference of opinion (good!) and then every single post being aimed at criticising Clarke (bad!).

RZ has an interesting view on things, some of which there may be a crumb of sense in. Unfortunately, all he ever posts is 'Clarke isn't very good' in some format. Every thread, any topic, from transfers to match threads to interviews. It's unrelenting, now approaching a year since he was appointed.

I can't roll with the 'RZ is a victim of modern cancel culture and people can't handle a difference of opinion, there is no fair debate on here'. There's loads of debate on here - I don't particularly rate most people's player of the season in Garrity, or everyone's favourite CB Nathan Smith. People are quite happy to disagree and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I quite like Flitcroft - people whose opinion I value aren't as keen. Sound.

If I posted the same opinion on every single thread (i.e. Nathan Smith is overrated), for 11 months, on every single thread not even related to Smith, I'd get a load of stick for people who would think I had some personal issue with Smith/was on the wind-up/was derailing threads with deliberate bait, and rightly so.

I think it just grates on people to see the same comment, retyped 1000 times across every topic, for what is nearly a year despite a lot of contravening evidence. Have a read of the post history. A good 95% of what is posted is some derivative of 'Clarke isn't very good' or 'we shouldn't have released so many players'. 

It's a bit dull and comes across as a wind-up, even if that's genuinely his view. If he'd accepted DC was doing well when he won back to back manager of the months, or wasn't so incessant, or maybe offered a slightly less binary view on things, I think his 'difference of opinion' wouldn't be met with such ire. 

Nice 👍

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

There's a few people on here full of BS...but they only turn up if we're going through a bad patch! Have you lost your zebra costume?

Just expressing what it is and passing on my 60 years worth of Vale watching along with the opinions of fans I know who support clubs previously managed by him. And your point exactly?

Archived