onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

On 19/01/2022 at 14:42, CAVALIER said:

Who'd know we'd broken it though? It's basically <ovf censored> speak for not really wanting him.

We offered Bolton a transfer fee and weren't far off agreeing a deal with Dennis. Carol backed the deal. Then Cremonese showed up and offered, by the sounds of it, significantly more in wages. That and the chance to be in Serie A next season + down the road from Milan clinched it.

https://youtu.be/Gjaq1PAfUHw?t=1126

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Having differing opinions on managers or players is fair enough BUT you are off the scale,your clear pathetic hatred of DC started before we had even played a game and to me your reaction to him has been silly from day one,you seem to want him and us to fail just for your own pig headed i told you so attitude and thats why i think you get abuse. We go on good runs,make a decent signing and you still refuse to give DC credit for anything at all and thats why its so pathetic.

Hover over his username, then click ignore. He will go back to the oatcake soon enough!

Don't feed the troll!

1 hour ago, Doha said:

That's an excellent interview! Take away the management speak, and there's a genuine warmth and enthusiasm for the Vale, and for letting other clubs see what the Vale is like for their players. The fact that Kian Harratt was being looked at as a possible for the summer window, and, by the end of the presentation, wanted to join the Vale straight away speaks volumes! Everything is in place for them - including accommodation and quality meals - for their development while they're with the Vale. Must give us an edge over some other teams?  

That's an excellent interview! Take away the management speak, and there's a genuine warmth and enthusiasm for the Vale, and for letting other clubs see what the Vale is like for their players. The fact that Kian Harratt was being looked at as a possible for the summer window, and, by the end of the presentation, wanted to join the Vale straight away speaks volumes! Everything is in place for them - including accommodation and quality meals - for their development while they're with the Vale. Must give us an edge over some other teams?  
You'd hope so. Most interesting for me, aside from that, was how he spoke about having to take the emotion out of decisions, something that we all, as fans, find very difficult to do. Strong hints that some players previously have got new deals just for who they are, rather than what they could do for the team moving forward. Long overdue IMHO

36 minutes ago, philmpv said:
39 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

You'd hope so. Most interesting for me, aside from that, was how he spoke about having to take the emotion out of decisions, something that we all, as fans, find very difficult to do. Strong hints that some players previously have got new deals just for who they are, rather than what they could do for the team moving forward. Long overdue IMHO

39 minutes ago, philmpv said:
42 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I think that's been obvious from the attitudes of some of our "fans"? Unable to view things from a clear perspective they have held onto a nostalgic memory of the player(s) at their peak, rather than at the end of their careers? 

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

A little bit of a dig at the end about how things used to be although completely justified. I’m sure Tom will be on twitter later.

Brilliant listen that.

Some interesting snippets.

Askey had frozen Legge out and he was training on his own. DC and Flickers brought him back into the fold. His move to Harrogate was because they offered him a deal that was 18 months which we wouldn’t have offered him so he went with their blessing.

We we’re close to getting Politic but the lure of playing in Italy (and the wages) were something Dennis couldn’t turn down.

Johnson deal to Stockport has a sell on clause.

The level of research and analysis we are now doing sounds very impressive… the ad hoc recruitment of the past is hopefully over forever. Will we get everything right? No. Does it give us a better chance of being successful. Yes.

Garlic has found some flats that the loan lads are living in to give them a space that’s comfortable, connected to the club but also theirs.

24 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Meanwhile we keep on losing. Flitters is full of BS but let’s hope it works out

He likes his own voice for sure but I don’t understand why you feel that is BS?

I thought it was good explanation of what’s happening at the club now and the future. Personally speaking it fills me with confidence the club is actually being run in the right way from top to bottom.

Archived