onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

. We are below 7th now because we had games called off due to Covid. It is just after Christmas and suddenly their pay has dropped. That is hardly a motivator. 

No we're not. We're below 7th because we've lost our last 2 league games. Stop stirring up crap with skewed facts to suit your agenda. The players knew the score when they signed up. It's therefore on them to earn their bonuses by being in the top 7. Only got themselves to blame for the Swindon loss.

Advert

22 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think the current situation shows the flaws in our recruitment  and retention strategy. Last year all the out of contract players were told in May that they were out. That means that all of this years contract players are probably expecting the same so they have 4 months to find another job basically, either with us or someone else. That has to affect their performance. Also the business of not paying bonuses when we are below 7th. We are below 7th now because we had games called off due to Covid. It is just after Christmas and suddenly their pay has dropped. That is hardly a motivator. 

Of course their performance will be higher if they want to earn a contract with the Vale or elsewhere at the end of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think the current situation shows the flaws in our recruitment  and retention strategy. Last year all the out of contract players were told in May that they were out. That means that all of this years contract players are probably expecting the same so they have 4 months to find another job basically, either with us or someone else. That has to affect their performance. Also the business of not paying bonuses when we are below 7th. We are below 7th now because we had games called off due to Covid. It is just after Christmas and suddenly their pay has dropped. That is hardly a motivator. 

That makes literally Zero sense what so ever. 

Please explain why a business would pay a bonus for poor performance? Surely what you have said is completely contradictory? Surely if there is something in their contracts that they get a bonus for top 7, they would want to be top 7 and work harder to get that? Not drop off because we gone below 7th. That makes literally no sense. 

Surely it’s their incentive to get back into the top 7 now? Not think <ovf censored> it I’m happy without the bonus - anyway they signed a contract so they’re clearly happy regardless 

The reason players in contract were released last season is because they simply weren’t good enough. I highly doubt all of the players under contract are worried about DC releasing them. I’m sure someone like Gibbo is quaking in his boots…..

No flaws in the recruitment strategy. We have signed on the whole very good players who are much better than last season. We actually properly scout players now and not just take the word of some local agent. 

Stop clutching at straws to try and criticise everything. Even your arguments are backwards and make no sense. 

You would like to think that not having a job would motivate them to play better but in practice there is always an element of doubt that it will make any difference. I went through a steady process of redundancies at a company I worked for years ago. There would be an announcement of redundancies and a small percentage of the staff would start working really hard in the hope that it would save them. Most of the others were on the phone to the agency trying to get another job. 

13 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You would like to think that not having a job would motivate them to play better but in practice there is always an element of doubt that it will make any difference. I went through a steady process of redundancies at a company I worked for years ago. There would be an announcement of redundancies and a small percentage of the staff would start working really hard in the hope that it would save them. Most of the others were on the phone to the agency trying to get another job. 

We’re going through the exact same where I work now. What it’s got to do with vale though I have no idea. 

21 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Who'd know we'd broken it though? It's basically <ovf censored> speak for not really wanting him.

Well he'd turned down a contract offer from a club in a higher division so I suspect we would have to pay more than we could afford to get him to agree.

13 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I’ve always wondered if there should b a ‘K’ in front of n.0b - there certainly a Z and an R though!

It find it strange that just because I have a different opinion about the manager that some people seem to think abuse is OK. If I am wrong, we will get promoted so why does it bother anyone that I have a different opinion? What I say will make absolutely no difference to the outcome of the season. I thought this was a message board to discuss all things Port Vale. To discuss something it is usual to have differing opinions. 

40 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That makes literally Zero sense what so ever. 

Please explain why a business would pay a bonus for poor performance? Surely what you have said is completely contradictory? Surely if there is something in their contracts that they get a bonus for top 7, they would want to be top 7 and work harder to get that? Not drop off because we gone below 7th. That makes literally no sense. 

Surely it’s their incentive to get back into the top 7 now? Not think <ovf censored> it I’m happy without the bonus - anyway they signed a contract so they’re clearly happy regardless 

The reason players in contract were released last season is because they simply weren’t good enough. I highly doubt all of the players under contract are worried about DC releasing them. I’m sure someone like Gibbo is quaking in his boots…..

No flaws in the recruitment strategy. We have signed on the whole very good players who are much better than last season. We actually properly scout players now and not just take the word of some local agent. 

Stop clutching at straws to try and criticise everything. Even your arguments are backwards and make no sense. 

Interesting thought. If you analyzed league 2 and picked the best player statistically for each position, would they walk the league? 

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Interesting thought. If you analyzed league 2 and picked the best player statistically for each position, would they walk the league? 

No probably not but I think they’d have a much better chance than if you just signed every player than agent suggests. I think we’re going ahi it recruitment the right way, surely extensively watching, researching and scouting players is a better gauge on their quality then whether they’re recommended by an agent? You can get some good players via agents but in our recent history we have been burned numerous times 

As its a thread about transfer rumours, not RZ's wild theories, has anyone heard updates or new rumours.. Rodney leaving?? Benning leaving (appears 3rd choice LWB)?? or players linked?

I can't see anything new on Twitter, in fact its getting boring this week after the excitement of 7 days ago.

38 minutes ago, MBE said:

As its a thread about transfer rumours, not RZ's wild theories, has anyone heard updates or new rumours.. Rodney leaving?? Benning leaving (appears 3rd choice LWB)?? or players linked?

I can't see anything new on Twitter, in fact its getting boring this week after the excitement of 7 days ago.

The Rodney situation is really strange I think I'm right in saying he hobbled off in the driving rain at Bristol Rovers on December 7th and hasn't featured since ? . Six and a half weeks ago and not really any information on his whereabouts. 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The Rodney situation is really strange I think I'm right in saying he hobbled off in the driving rain at Bristol Rovers on December 7th and hasn't featured since ? . Six and a half weeks ago and not really any information on his whereabouts. 

He was sat in Lorne Street on Tuesday suited and booted

Archived