onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

9 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

For christ sake! How many times does it need saying? He wasn't our player, he wasn't going to sign for Bolton, it was pretty <ovf censored> obvious his agent and BWFC would be hawking him around other clubs. He'd put himself in the window with us and it was common knowledge that he was running his contract down, so there was pretty much guaranteed interest from elsewhere. Vale may well have accepted this and made contingency plans, they may have never really planned on having DP post-January, but if they had believed that he was 'ours' until the end of the season and hadn't planned around that not being the case then it's pretty stupid.

There’s still 2 weeks of the transfer to go and I just think you’re flogging a dead horse trying to stir up something against  the management with Politic deciding to go elsewhere. Yes he was a good option to bring on and he made a positive impact in a few games, but overall he was a substitute bit part player and not someone who did it when he started games. It’s not like we’re covering Conlon or Worrall. He was never our player, and never really fit our system. Do we need to cover for players who aren’t ours or  cover for the substitutes too, where do you stop? On paper we have Amoo, Rodney and Worrall who can switch to the wide areas if needed. There’s always a risk with a loan player going back at any point during their spell, just as much a risk as there is of someone getting injured. 

For christ sake! How many times does it need saying? He wasn't our player, he wasn't going to sign for Bolton, it was pretty obvious his agent and BWFC would be hawking him around other clubs. He'd put himself in the window with us and it was common knowledge that he was running his contract down, so there was pretty much guaranteed interest from elsewhere. Vale may well have accepted this and made contingency plans, they may have never really planned on having DP post-January, but if they had believed that he was 'ours' until the end of the season and hadn't planned around that not being the case then it's pretty stupid.

He was a loan player recovering from a long injury, after showing early promise, so a gamble. He demonstrated what he can do but his fitness will only be shown in Cremona over the next few months.

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If Johnson wasn't a dud, why did we bring Amos in on loan when Legge was unavailable? 

Think Amos was our player - contract to end of year after being on trial with us. Either way, as a slightly built fullback certainly not competing with Legge.

6 hours ago, PV1973 said:

There’s still 2 weeks of the transfer to go and I just think you’re flogging a dead horse trying to stir up something against  the management with Politic deciding to go elsewhere. Yes he was a good option to bring on and he made a positive impact in a few games, but overall he was a substitute bit part player and not someone who did it when he started games. It’s not like we’re covering Conlon or Worrall. He was never our player, and never really fit our system. Do we need to cover for players who aren’t ours or  cover for the substitutes too, where do you stop? On paper we have Amoo, Rodney and Worrall who can switch to the wide areas if needed. There’s always a risk with a loan player going back at any point during their spell, just as much a risk as there is of someone getting injured. 

I don't particularly disagree with anything you've said and feel we're talking at cross purposes. The only reason I'm "flogging a dead horse" is because people keep quoting and arguing back. I've repeatedly stated that my argument is a hypothetical one and have no desire to stir up any <ovf censored> for Flitcroft or Clarke.

20 hours ago, Joe B said:

It's far more in detail than stuff like tackles made and % completion, which can be sourced on any bog-standard stats website.

I know we have a partnership with the top data analytics company in the game.

Data wasn't used at all before. Just lads Askey knew.

Looks like you're as much in the dark as me as to what data is used in recruitment at Vale.

That's a tad unkind to JA, with or without data he still got Vale from 20th place in 2018/19 to 8th in 2019/20 and probable play-offs if Covid hadn't got in the way, poor recruitment in the summer of 20/21 most probably cost him his job.

9 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If Johnson wasn't a dud, why did we bring Amos in on loan when Legge was unavailable? 

Well they play in completely different positions and we signed Amos permanently not on loan… again stop trying to make arguments that have literally no substance 

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Looks like you're as much in the dark as me as to what data is used in recruitment at Vale.

That's a tad unkind to JA, with or without data he still got Vale from 20th place in 2018/19 to 8th in 2019/20 and probable play-offs if Covid hadn't got in the way, poor recruitment in the summer of 20/21 most probably cost him his job.

We have a partnership with Statsbomb, the sport's largest analytics company. Most big clubs are with them. Brentford used to be heavily linked. Forgive me for not knowing the intricate ins and outs of what will be internal, guarded processes.

I commented on Askey's poor recruitment (entirely contact/agent based) and you seem to agree with me. 

Archived