onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

What's his age got to do with it? If he's as good as or better than Gibbons, then we've covered that position for at least 18 months. At least until the summer. And in the summer, we'll be in the market again. I don't understand your point?

As for Brad Walker, I'm not a massive fan myself, but he would be playing and actually getting a chance to show how good he can be if he hadn't been unlucky enough that Pett made the position his own in his absence.

Were you really expecting 100% successful recruitment? Like how you've pointedly ignored the far greater number of players brought in who have been successes and just named 2 who haven't set VP alight

You could argue that Ryan Johnson was a success? We didn't play him much...he didn't seem good enough to break into the team, permanently...but we made a profit on him? 

Advert

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

You could argue that Ryan Johnson was a success? We didn't play him much...he didn't seem good enough to break into the team, permanently...but we made a profit on him? 

We didn't make a profit on him, he cost us money to bring to the club and pay for 6 months. We probably broke even at best.

3 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Seen a few 200k/250k on the vale fan pages on FB. Probably absolute nonsense as always and people pretending to be in the know for some bizarre reason. 

It's been on OVF too - I think it started off at £100k, then escalated? A few pages back!

14 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We didn't make a profit on him, he cost us money to bring to the club and pay for 6 months. We probably broke even at best.

We did make a profit if you look at it from a different perspective. We needed a back up centre half for that time - if not Johnson then it would’ve been someone else. So we would’ve been paying someone wages regardless. Instead we’ve flogged him and got the money back for him. Essentially had a player for free for a few months. Good business.

6 minutes ago, Powerline said:

We did make a profit if you look at it from a different perspective. We needed a back up centre half for that time - if not Johnson then it would’ve been someone else. So we would’ve been paying someone wages regardless. Instead we’ve flogged him and got the money back for him. Essentially had a player for free for a few months. Good business.

We could have kept Shaun Brisley if we only needed a back up centre half. He was reliable and probably paid less.

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We could have kept Shaun Brisley if we only needed a back up centre half. He was reliable and probably paid less.

Pointless. Wouldn’t have played any more than Johnson. By selling Johnson we essentially had a free squad player for a few months. And I seriously doubt Brisley would be on less than Johnson. Brisley an established football league player versus a young lad first time in the league. 

5 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Pointless. Wouldn’t have played any more than Johnson. By selling Johnson we essentially had a free squad player for a few months. And I seriously doubt Brisley would be on less than Johnson. Brisley an established football league player versus a young lad first time in the league. 

In fairness to him, he was a big part of our unbeaten run last season

Just now, Hoppers said:

In fairness to him, he was a big part of our unbeaten run last season

And I don’t disagree. But he wouldn’t have started a game this season. So it’s irrelevant whether it was him or Johnson warming the bench. And we sold Johnson for a fee and there’s no way in a million years that would’ve happened with Brisley. So it’s worked out well for us.

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

And I don’t disagree. But he wouldn’t have started a game this season. So it’s irrelevant whether it was him or Johnson warming the bench. And we sold Johnson for a fee and there’s no way in a million years that would’ve happened with Brisley. So it’s worked out well for us.

I am glad you are not my accountant.

35 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Yes - but it's more negative to say we didn't!

35 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

One of the few times I don’t disagree with you. Brisley is good enough as back up. However at the time I think the signing was justified, Johnson had shone the season before and able to be that left footed centre back in the back 3, which brisley wasn’t 

Archived