onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

7 hours ago, philmpv said:

It is funny how some of you have gone from 'trust the process' and being full of beans about our recruitment. The process is still there

I've never trusted "The process or "The matrix", hence have never been "Full of beans about our recruitment", on the contrary realism with a touch of hope would best describe my view. 

How can anyone trust or get "Full of beans" about a "Process or a Matrix" that they know nothing about. Honest question, do you know anything about the process or the matrix?  Must admit I'd like to know but understand that it's info only privvy to a few at the club.

Advert

In fairness, no one at the club has ever seriously said the word 'Matrix' or 'Process'.

Flitters said 'Matrix' once in an interview and it became a meme on here.

'Process' is a stick Tom Pope bitterly used to criticise the club once the reality of being a part-time footballer set in.

The club is doing things which 21st century clubs should do - use data in recruitment, having a long-term plan which extends beyond the current manager etc.

Clubs done great in recruitment just because we have lost out on Politic and could lose Gibbons is completely irrelevant to that. The club has come on leaps and bounds and yes there have been a few that don’t seem to have worked out but the majority have drastically improved us and could play at a higher level 

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

In fairness, no one at the club has ever seriously said the word 'Matrix' or 'Process'.

'Process' is a stick Tom Pope bitterly used to criticise the club once the reality of being a part-time footballer set in.

The club is doing things which 21st century clubs should do - use data in recruitment, having a long-term plan which extends beyond the current manager etc.

Handy name for a computerised scouting system. 

8 hours ago, Doha said:

Surely we offered more than a paltry £50k? That's an absolute steal. I just want to hear from DC that we offered more and it was the chance of possibly playing serie A + closer to Romania that swung it.

We'll find out in about 30 hours when the team sheet gets released, if he's not in the squad and Gibbo isn't starting (which would basically confirm his transfer rumour) then I'll be beyond gutted.

Could be that Evatt didn't want to sell to a L1/L2 club, and have him come back to haunt Bolton in future games?

I thought it was a awkward that Darrell went off on one when asked about how much he actually knows about Edmondson, only for the player himself to then say DC rang him up to ask him about his career. 

Not chatting <ovf censored> just thought the timing was lol.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Flitters said........ well there ya go.

What data are being used in recruitment, how do you know data wasn't used before.....Robinson and Whitehead excepted although the former did score 11 times for Colchester the season before. There's an article describing Flitcroft  saying work ethic  &  fitness levels of current players and future signings were being used to assess players. Wonder how work ethic is numerated.

Must admit I would like to know how some of the data is collected that's given on some webpages (Not suggesting Flitcroft is using data off the internet). I believe GPS monitors/chips are used on players these days but how is data like tackles made, interception made, % passes completed etc etc compiled, I honestly don't know.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

True but let's pluck a guess out of the air. Say Gibbo on 1200 a week at Vale, he'd only be able to double his wage at Sheffield.  I couldn't envisage league 2 signings getting huge signing on fees .

Ultimately he's unproven and would be somewhat a speculative gamble by Sheffield. 

What we do know is if he plays tomorrow it still means nothing as we only need to look at Hussey . I thought that was a dead duck seeing as he played for them and then lo and behold he signed .

I for one would like to think that the club are looking more long term than letting Gibbo go now for a poultry sum !  keep him and get promotion , what ever fee we get get now is peanuts if we get promoted , yes its a gamble but football is , just keep him and show some gonads 

13 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

What data are being used in recruitment, how do you know data wasn't used before.....Robinson and Whitehead excepted although the former did score 11 times for Colchester the season before. There's an article describing Flitcroft  saying work ethic  &  fitness levels of current players and future signings were being used to assess players. Wonder how work ethic is numerated.

Must admit I would like to know how some of the data is collected that's given on some webpages (Not suggesting Flitcroft is using data off the internet). I believe GPS monitors/chips are used on players these days but how is data like tackles made, interception made, % passes completed etc etc compiled, I honestly don't know.

It's far more in detail than stuff like tackles made and % completion, which can be sourced on any bog-standard stats website.

I know we have a partnership with the top data analytics company in the game.

Data wasn't used at all before. Just lads Askey knew.

23 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Player analysis, scouting methods, ets   Plenty on the internet on methods

4 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Think you mean Private Frazer?!..........unless I've missed talk of 'fuzzy-wuzzies' that don't like it up 'em?!

(maybe that's what Covolan was saying to McKirdy? 🤣 )

I think he means the "Don't Panic...don't panic!!!" Corporal Jones-type running around whilst clearly panicking?

4 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Because he wasn't our player. His agent and Bolton would obviously be looking to make as much money as possible, so to sit back and just presume he was staying would have been incredibly foolhardy.

All the noise coming from Bolton was that they wouldn't be recalling Politic - so why wouldn't we think he would be staying with us on a season-long loan? Clearly the offer has come in at short notice and Dennis has had enough of the cold and grey weather over here? He may also have other, personal and family reasons for moving there, of which we have no knowledge?

For christ sake! How many times does it need saying? He wasn't our player, he wasn't going to sign for Bolton, it was pretty <ovf censored> obvious his agent and BWFC would be hawking him around other clubs. He'd put himself in the window with us and it was common knowledge that he was running his contract down, so there was pretty much guaranteed interest from elsewhere. Vale may well have accepted this and made contingency plans, they may have never really planned on having DP post-January, but if they had believed that he was 'ours' until the end of the season and hadn't planned around that not being the case then it's pretty stupid.

Archived