onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 minute ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

If Gibbo goes aswell, it will all feel like it's falling apart.

Replacements already brought in, DC said to expect 4 or 5.  Time to Gel is the problem, together with recovery time of injured players and match fitness. DC did warn of a poor spell. Will need to back in form during February.

Advert

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Replacements already brought in, DC said to expect 4 or 5.  Time to Gel is the problem, together with recovery time of injured players and match fitness. DC did warn of a poor spell. Will need to back in form during February.

As we have Salford and Tranmere away and FGR and Northampton at home we have no choice to be on form .

Huge month .

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:

It is funny how some of you have gone from 'trust the process' and being full of beans about our recruitment to full blown armageddon panic stations in the space of a week after the departure of 1 good player and a silly red card for our GK. Calm down ffs. The process is still there

This isn't very 'processy' is it? Like, this isn't part of the plan. We have lost an impactful player who had won points by himself for us, at a time of year where it is harder to replace him.

Some stuff we've done is clearly well-thought out and I like, but other stuff is just bad luck/stuff beyond our control which undoubtedly hurts us as a squad.

I think we can deal with this but it's the other rumoured transfer which would be a cruel blow.

16 minutes ago, philmpv said:

It is funny how some of you have gone from 'trust the process' and being full of beans about our recruitment to full blown armageddon panic stations in the space of a week after the departure of 1 good player and a silly red card for our GK. Calm down ffs. The process is still there

Phil dunna start throwing common sense and logic all over our "Losing me ed" thread 😆

4 dregs who never played and offered nothing.

Hall for Legge = yay

Hussey for Gibbo = best of a bad situation

2 strikers to give us firepower while the others get back to full speed, then we’ll be dynamite.

Replace Politic and get a player or two to cover little gaps.

Its really not that bad, and we are yet to see how DC will respond to losing Politic.

As DC says “judge the window at the end of the window.”

Hall for Legge = yay
2 strikers to give us firepower while the others get back to full speed, then we’ll be dynamite.
Its really not that bad, and we are yet to see how DC will respond to losing Politic.
I think we've already replaced Politic with Harratt. Politic was playing as a striker after all.

16 minutes ago, philmpv said:
18 minutes ago, 1 said:
Hall for Legge = yay

I think we've already replaced Politic with Harratt. Politic was playing as a striker after all.

Taking the Brentford game then, is Harratt crossing the ball for himself to score the header?!

Taking the Brentford game then, is Harratt crossing the ball for himself to score the header?!
Behave. That's no different from Proctor nodding it back across goal for Wilson. My point was, as you know, that Politic was playing as a striker so by signing Harratt (and Edmondson) we've already replaced him.

I’d hope we have at least one winger sign now. Whether Harratt is the replacement for Politic or not we need some wide men, otherwise it’s plain and simple for every single opposition manager as to how we will set up  DC said we need to have different ways of playing and different formations, we need to actually sign some players that can be effective in a formation other than 352 and politic was one of them.

Very disappointed by this and I hope we have a replacement lined up. At least if Gibbo leaves we know we have a very good replacement

You can’t do anything about a loan player who gets recalled by his parent club because they want to sell him. There isn’t much you can do either when a good player gets sold for money either.

I would hope/assume that these things are factored into the process because they have been going on as long as I’ve been a Vale fan.

It feels like a lot of variables outside our control are going against us recently. Bad luck with injuries, Covid postponements, league position, and things are beginning to run away from us and we can’t help it.

We’re desperate for a win of any sort just to settle everyone down. 

7 minutes ago, Santa said:

You can’t do anything about a loan player who gets recalled by his parent club because they want to sell him. There isn’t much you can do either when a good player gets sold for money either.

I would hope/assume that these things are factored into the process because they have been going on as long as I’ve been a Vale fan.

It feels like a lot of variables outside our control are going against us recently. Bad luck with injuries, Covid postponements, league position, and things are beginning to run away from us and we can’t help it.

We’re desperate for a win of any sort just to settle everyone down. 

There is something.  Make an offer ourselves prior to the interest from Cremonese . Always run the risk if you don't as we had exact same situation with Alex Jones to Bradford.  

Archived