onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

9 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

But you only have to look at the start of the Season. Fans were writing Wilson off, yet he showed he needs games to find his form. So no way will Clarke drop him, as he knows, a fully fit Wilson is head and shoulders ahead of any other Striker we have technically and is a key player for us.

So we just have to accept him being crap while he finds his form, and therefore not give another a chance who at the moment could probably perform better? Sorry, but if we went 4-3-3 with two wide players it would be absolute madness to drop Harratt for Wilson right now just because James was playing well many weeks ago, in my opinion. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He has made 23 appearances so far this season. How many have Proctor and Wilson made each? 

And your point is ?

Wilson broke his foot and Proctor has had really poor luck. 

So in reality you prefer Cullen to either of those ?

Fair enough. 

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am not saying that at all but I feel we released/paid off some players and brought some other players in and the jury is still out about the progress we made by doing that. 

Jury not out for me. This time last year we had absolutely massive games v Grimsby and Southend as our league status was in jeopardy.  

Gibbo and Politic leaving is not good, however we dress it up. We're losing two difference makers half way through a promotion season.

It might be a bit of money saved in terms of wages but I don't think we'll get equivalent quality. 

Some will argue that he was an 'impact sub' but we never played him on the left. When we did he was great. We've lost a good player. Even if he is an 'impact sub', we're gonna need 1/2 of those in the run.

Yeah looks like Politic is off now as well - not happy about this one. Comfortably good enough for this and the level above, might not fit into 352 but why are we being so rigid? Formation isn’t working anyway. He fits perfectly into 433 (as do all of our best players). I hope we at least attempted to sign him permanently. As above, a bit to much of a switch around here especially after such a solid start

28 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am not saying that at all but I feel we released/paid off some players and brought some other players in and the jury is still out about the progress we made by doing that. 

Cullen is good enough but always injured. Mckirdy could have gone either way, he’s obviously got talent but didn’t show anything at vale. The rest were rubbish and it shows by where they’ve ended up. No chance is the jury still out. Unless you think the likes of Robinson and Guthrie are as good as Wilson and proctor… Or Hussey and Benning as good as Fitzpatrick ect 

Archived