onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I've heard Gibbo is off. This lad gets stuff right.

Big club, not a million miles away, has a chance of minutes and not rot in the reserves, and not beyond the realms of possibility they could be challenging for promotion. He gave his all, and as long as we don’t get fleeced on the fee, then sort-of-win/win. I say sort of, because he undoubtedly improves the team but I think yesterday shows that we need reinforcements elsewhere too.

Advert

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Ok. I think how it works is the players  made an offer and then he goes away to discuss with his agent and there’s the back and forth with the club over clauses, money etc. Hasn’t he said twice now that no talks have taken place? I’d have to find the interviews to see what was said. 

Having not listened to the actual conversations I don`t know. But in the current world of evasion I believe very little and would be surprised if no dialogue had taken place by the club.

Gibbons is terrific his attitude his energy his will to win are all there in abundance ,he deserves his chance to see if he can go higher in the game if he goes he goes with my blessing .

He is one player who has potential go all the way to the top .

Lers hope we get decent coin for him .

If rumour is true .

The way we played yesterday wonder if more will be shown the door 

Standards should be set really high always if not why not Forest Greens and Tranmeres are sky high what's  happened to ours

UTV 

40 minutes ago, wishboneguy said:

First posting....go easy on me😀 I wonder if Sheff U would sign him and loan him back to us for the rest of the season? Perhaps someone could confirm if this is allowed.

We will sure miss the energy he gives the team and the way that gets the crowd going which in turn raises the whole teams energy levels!

Great question and welcome to the forum, he will be missed but that is how football operates.

54 minutes ago, wishboneguy said:

First posting....go easy on me😀 I wonder if Sheff U would sign him and loan him back to us for the rest of the season? Perhaps someone could confirm if this is allowed.

We will sure miss the energy he gives the team and the way that gets the crowd going which in turn raises the whole teams energy levels!

Great Post look forwards to more of your posts !

Very insightful and very true you cannot kid supporters we see what goes on and we can see when the said player does his name justice .

Gibbo does Garrity generally does Pett generally does but there's others who hide and it shows 

27 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I really rate Gibbo and he'll be a big miss for us. But I've never thought of him as a Championship player.

L1 yes. But I feel the Championship would be a step too far.

Look at it from their point of view, it’s a low risk buy. Trawl the lower leagues for players with good stats. Pay a minimal fee if they came in this month. They could probably get away with paying him a lot less than the established players in their squad, yet it would still be much more than a L2 wage. If it works out then they’ve picked up a gem. If it doesn’t then they haven’t paid out a fortune. 

1 hour ago, wishboneguy said:

Think it can happen I think a lot of prem clubs do it when they sign younger players, don’t think it’s something Sheffield would be interested in doing though personally. Agree, we will probably miss him more than any other player, I don’t think he’s close to our best technically, however as you say he just raises the tempo of the game with his aggression and gets us going. Shame but at least we brought Hussey in I suppose 

4 hours ago, MBE said:

He does look off the pace but the only way to get going is playing. Having said that he can’t play 3 games in 7 days anyway coming back from a long absence do I would expect lots of rotation in the CF position anyway.

My point was more how to get the best from our best players and I think a change in formation is the answer.

He's been anonymous since he came back though. We shouldn't be accepting that when we now have others up front waiting for their chance. Harratt has taken is so far and hopefully Edmondson will too. Wilson will have his time again but at the moment he's looking miles off where he was prior to injury.

I really do hope Gibbons stays, but it’s looking very likely he won’t be here for much longer. He will be a huge loss, and you could arguably say irreplaceable. I agree with a previous post, I never imagined a move to the Championship, I was thinking a top L1 club. But fair play, I really do hope he’s goes on and smashes it. He’s been a cracking player for us, and he has always give his all. His goal at Oldham away will stick with me for a long time! 

23 minutes ago, Beech said:

He's been anonymous since he came back though. We shouldn't be accepting that when we now have others up front waiting for their chance. Harratt has taken is so far and hopefully Edmondson will too. Wilson will have his time again but at the moment he's looking miles off where he was prior to injury.

Bit harsh. He’s only played an hour v Brentford and then 45 mins v Swindon since coming back to training in the new year. He’s our best striker and it’s only right that he gets the game time to get back to match fitness. There’s no way we’d start games with a front 2 of those 2 loan lads unless Wilson got injured again. Another factor is also the overall team performance that can dictate the input a striker has in a game. 

8 hours ago, Joe B said:

Record with Gibbons in the league:

Played 15, won 9, drawn 2, lost 3. 29 points. 1.9 points per game.

Record without Gibbons in the league:

Played 7, won 1, drawn 3, lost 3. 6 points. 0.9 points per game.

Small sample sizes but I would be seriously concerned for our promotion hopes if he goes. I think his ability is replaceable but it's his 'other' stuff which isn't. He gives the team and fans that intangible 'lift' with his runs and tackles. It's not something you find in many players.

Seriously concerned for our promotion hopes, really!? I really like Gibbo & there's no doubt he is a really good player for us, but I do feel there's a lot of overhype amongst our fan base with some players & Gibbo is one of them.

Would I be disappointed to see him leave? Yes of course. Do I think him leaving completely derails our season? Absolutely not.

He's a full blooded, hard working, "one of our own" fans fave. A lot of that is down to him loving a challenge & getting right stuck in. Defensively he's not brilliant. He also has a poor injury record. Going forward he has quality & is an ever willing runner & I've mentioned his other outstanding qualities. 

I get Hussey is 33 & a different style of player but for me, for the rest of this season, he will do just as good a job as Gibbo. Don't panic.

Hopefully we can get a few quid & invest it back into the team. On we go.

7 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Seriously concerned for our promotion hopes, really!? I really like Gibbo & there's no doubt he is a really good player for us, but I do feel there's a lot of overhype amongst our fan base with some players & Gibbo is one of them.

Would I be disappointed to see him leave? Yes of course. Do I think him leaving completely derails our season? Absolutely not.

He's a full blooded, hard working, "one of our own" fans fave. A lot of that is down to him loving a challenge & getting right stuck in. Defensively he's not brilliant. He also has a poor injury record. Going forward he has quality & is an ever willing runner & I've mentioned his other outstanding qualities. 

I get Hussey is 33 & a different style of player but for me, for the rest of this season, he will do just as good a job as Gibbo. Don't panic.

Hopefully we can get a few quid & invest it back into the team. On we go.

That's an excellent post!  Different subject - it seems like Ian Evatt has washed his hands of Politic? I think we should pay what it takes to get him, if we can afford it - then play a system which allows us to get the best out of him, regularly, not only as an impact sub? So much potential in this lad...and he's a good age for improving!

If a championship team are willing to take Gibbo why not, he won’t be costing them much. He’s young and will develop playing against better players. His wages will increase drastically which is good for his future and will offer him and his family some financial security for the future.

He could end up playing higher if it doesn’t work good L2 player if not L1. Good luck to him and thank you, for what you’ve given us on the pitch.

Archived