onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

For anybody questioning discontent amongst players not getting game time may I suggest that you look at the celebrations at Burton. 

Ryan Johnson was going mental, this is a bloke relegated to the subs bench for this game  

I realise he's now gone but his celebrations show the good togetherness and culture at the club 

44 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Do you think hussey smith gibbo Worral hall Pett etc will be happy at being rotated when they’re playing well  just because we’ve got a good squad?

Yes, as long as they are playing the majority of games (which our best players will be), assured that they are vital players in the squad, and reassured that a key reason for there being quality back-up/rotation is for their welfare, allowing them to recuperate when needed rather than feeling like they have to play on through injuries (which would be a much greater threat to their career than a couple of games on the bench).

53 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Do you think hussey smith gibbo Worral hall Pett etc will be happy at being rotated when they’re playing well  just because we’ve got a good squad? I’m not saying I want rubbish as their back up, I haven’t said that. I’m highlighting that league 2 football doesn’t normally stand great players in each position because players have to play for their contract and their career, league 2 players don’t have the luxury of big contracts to rely on I’d they aren’t playing. 

The simple fear or worry I had is that policy of rotation could see some of them unhappy or want to move. Maybe it’s unfounded. 

I would imagine Hussey and the other new signings have been made aware. 

Its called being a successful club. We aren’t the same <ovf censored> side / squad we were previously. Its a squad game, and in decent squads there is competitions for places. In my opinion it’s simple, if you want to play then you will need to train hard and continue to impress the management team and play well in matches. If not, then you don’t get selected and will more than likely be moved on. I really don’t understand what the issue is here. Its win win for the club and is what football is? 

What would you prefer? Us to sign a load of dross again and say GIbbo, don’t worry pal we’ve signed Zak Mills, he’s <ovf censored> and will never start over you and just cover you when you injured. How is this beneficial in any way? 

Competition for places is healthy, it’s the whole point of football and building a strong squad. 

Im sure players will understand if they are rotated when playing well. They have been made aware since Dc took over he sees it as a squad game. We have an influx of fixtures and have literally just been through the <ovf censored> with injuries. 

By signing defenders we free Worrall to play in midfield and attack. So Burgess could be allowed to leave and especially as he is 24 and taking up the space of an 'adult'. Since Taylor is injured are we still looking to bring in a new 'adult' with more experience than Burgess?

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I would imagine Hussey and the other new signings have been made aware. 

Its called being a successful club. We aren’t the same <ovf censored> side / squad we were previously. Its a squad game, and in decent squads there is competitions for places. In my opinion it’s simple, if you want to play then you will need to train hard and continue to impress the management team and play well in matches. If not, then you don’t get selected and will more than likely be moved on. I really don’t understand what the issue is here. Its win win for the club and is what football is? 

What would you prefer? Us to sign a load of dross again and say GIbbo, don’t worry pal we’ve signed Zak Mills, he’s <ovf censored> and will never start over you and just cover you when you injured. How is this beneficial in any way? 

Competition for places is healthy, it’s the whole point of football and building a strong squad. 

Im sure players will understand if they are rotated when playing well. They have been made aware since Dc took over he sees it as a squad game. We have an influx of fixtures and have literally just been through the <ovf censored> with injuries. 

Exactly my point! 👏🏻

2 hours ago, bomber said:

How many bench warmers and journey men have we had over the past few years! Now at least we have guys on the bench who can make a difference. Nothing is sure in football but we have a manager who can make decisions and we are at least trying in improve the squad

Yes numerous games have been turned by our substitutions this season due to the strength in depth. If the new defensive signings can cut out some of the silly errors then I really can't see any downside to the club and team whatsoever. I just think sometimes we darent dare to hope 😁👍

Archived