onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Another wage + squad space. 

I always thought he was good in a way that didn't jump out - good positioning, intelligence, very smart with the ball, good workrate. I think there was a link between his run in the side and our good run in 19/20.

He's not at all suited to how we play at the minute and just hasn't done enough since. He'd do well at a NL club.

Would assume a CM coming in with Taylor out too - UV posting some rumour. It's just a picture of Clarke. DC = Dean Campbell, the lad we were linked with from Aberdeen?

Advert

Always thought he was a tidy player without really providing much cutting edge at times. Did a decent job for us though in his first season at the club. Realistically it would take a pretty bad injury crisis at this point for him to have forced his way into the starting eleven though. Don't think he'll be looking for a club for too long though, the fact he's agreed a termination now indicates he probably already has somewhere lined up.

11 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I always see the person before the player when they leave and I sympathise with Scott. Not given a squad number at the beginning of the season, came back into the fold because of injuries and from what I can gather his exclusion was nothing to do with his attitude.

Good luck to him, I hope he finds a club he can play every week for but it never looked good for him from the start when Askey brought him in and talked about sending him out on loan to non-league as he couldn't fit him into his team. 49 appearances though, more than I thought he had for some reason.

Wish him all the best.  Must say I'm impressed with the continuing clear out of people DC doesn't think suit his needs. The squad continually seems to look stronger. 

Just now, Walka003 said:

Maybe this is where the interest in Dean Campbell comes from, Burgess out Campbell in? Dunno where that would leave Jake Taylor.

I feel bad for Taylor but he probably needs some serious treatment on his quads. Similar with Manny who had to have hamstring surgery after it keep breaking down, and has been better (if not perfect) since.

I imagine the move is to shut Taylor down for a while and get him surgery.

Sad for Scott, he certainly wasn't in the same category of Theo and Whitehead and felt he was harshly left out as had shown some real promise the season before last and was a key part of that side (keeping Tom Conlon out the side lets not forget!) . 

Taylor and Burgess were a joy to watch and shame that never pushed on into last season.

I genuinely wish him well.

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We are now down to two permanent John Askey signings still remaining at the club - Amoo and Rodney, with Taylor a loan signing we made permanent after he left.

He signed 21, the first one being 30 months ago. 2 left.

With Rodney widely rumoured to be on the way too. His recruitment was truly abysmal.

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

With Rodney widely rumoured to be on the way too. His recruitment was truly abysmal.

One the one hand he didn't have anywhere near the set-up that DC has got, but on the other there seemed to be no attempt to set up a scouting network. Was truly non-league recruitment.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

One the one hand he didn't have anywhere near the set-up that DC has got, but on the other there seemed to be no attempt to set up a scouting network. Was truly non-league recruitment.

DC certainly more proactive in building a team. Askey reliant on "was he any good at Macclesfield"

Still staggers me that he got rid of reserve games, saying he didn't understand the point of them, then wondered why we were constantly getting soft tissue injuries in players that weren't regular starters.

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Couple of midfielders who are highly rated in the national league - Joe Sbarra and Armani Little. Both have goals in them.

Ryan Boot, once again, getting plaudits for his performances for Solihull.

Went to Solihull v Grimsby a couple of months back, was fun playing 'who had links to the Vale' during the match! Crooks looked decidedly average at LB for Grimsby, Boot was MotM, quietly efficient with a couple of good stops, Sbarra came on with half an hour left and scored the crucial goal when Grimsby were on top. Looked a class above, only on the bench because  managing a slight knock. I mentioned to my mate that he'd been talked about on here when Burton released him, reckon he could be a decent squad player.

5 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Went to Solihull v Grimsby a couple of months back, was fun playing 'who had links to the Vale' during the match! Crooks looked decidedly average at LB for Grimsby, Boot was MotM, quietly efficient with a couple of good stops, Sbarra came on with half an hour left and scored the crucial goal when Grimsby were on top. Looked a class above, only on the bench because  managing a slight knock. I mentioned to my mate that he'd been talked about on here when Burton released him, reckon he could be a decent squad player.

Don't want to say it too loudly but I see shades of early Conlon in him.

Archived