onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

I was wondering If the academy that Conlon and Smith run will help with keeping him here because he will probably get something from that on top of his vale wage. Unless a club comes in offering him crazy money or doesn't have to travel far. That's what I'm clinging to anyway, he isn't going anywhere 😉

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Couldn't disagree with this more.... This opinion is everything that's wrong with football.

Come into the club, clear out the deadwood, completely revolutionise the football department., set it up for long term sustainable success for the first time in years..... and call it a failure if you don't get promotion at the very first time of asking.

If it was that easy, everyone would do it because the payoff would make it worth the money.

A very very bad take on the 

I’m pointing out we are all chips in for promotion and if you don’t achieve your objective you failed. Simple as that. 

I never said it would be easy. This is why we paid good money for DC to come in and do exactly what you highlighted.It was the strategic plan 12 months ago to do so.

As a side note If DC doesn’t achieve the objective I’m not suggesting anything other than go again. He’s demonstrated what’s he’s all about and shown he has potential to achieve sustainable success laying some good foundations at the club.

Issue imo if we don’t go up this season is we will lose key players. Conlon will not spend another year at this level if clubs are still interested. 
He'll have no choice if we decide to hold him to his contract. Not saying we would, at all, but it's not his decision ultimately

Agreed, but do we know he's got one, or that it would be triggered? My point is that if a player signs a contract, he should intend to honour it.

Modern day football mate, sadly

For what it’s worth I doubt Conlon has or would cause vale an ounce of trouble

I think Carol deserves an amazing amount of credit for the support in successive windows, but just look at Bradford etc. who have similar budgets, they can’t get it right. A lot of credit goes to DC for using the money correctly and if we don’t get promoted, we have progressed. That progress going further every year will undoubtedly result in a promotion under DCs tenure. Any place higher than midway would be a progress. 

4 hours ago, MBE said:

Honestly if we don't finish top 3 DC has failed. He's been given all the possible resources he could ever want and need at this level, more than any other manager in our recent history. Yes you can have injuries/suspensions/covid but thats why you have a squad, we have built a really strong one and there is probably more to come in the next 2 weeks.

Failed might be hard word to use if we do go to the play offs but the aim at the start of the season would have been automatic promotion by the management team.

I think the aim at the beginning of the season would have only been to make the playoffs? With our track record of recent years, and the huge turn-round of players...which is still going on...top 7 would have been a massive achievement. To be in the situation where we can go 2nd if we win our games in hand...and open up a bit of a gap from some of those below us is extremely good work! We need to show consistency now, which I think we can do with our squad - which is, practically, 2 good teams!  As DC says in his interview - there's still 75 points for us to play for! UTV

Amos has ended up at Grimsby. Glad to see he's sorted a deal out so quickly, seemed to have potential but we just couldn't find a place in the side for him.
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-grimsby-town-january-transfer-6488292

There's obviously something not quite right with him as that's his second 6 month deal in a row. Wonder if there's an underlying medical issue or something

Archived