onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Worst kept secret has been confirmed by the club with Lloyd returning to cheltenham 

Yes really peculiar announcement I guess just makes it official.  I assumed it was job done in December when he went back for treatment. 

He was okay. Not a world beater but a busy nuisance is how I'd describe him.

Good luck George 

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes really peculiar announcement I guess just makes it official.  I assumed it was job done in December when he went back for treatment. 

He was okay. Not a world beater but a busy nuisance is how I'd describe him.

Good luck George 

I saw more in 30 minutes from young Harratt than I saw in Lloyd's entire spell. Another big upgrade.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Honestly if we don't finish top 3 DC has failed. He's been given all the possible resources he could ever want and need at this level, more than any other manager in our recent history. Yes you can have injuries/suspensions/covid but thats why you have a squad, we have built a really strong one and there is probably more to come in the next 2 weeks.

Failed might be hard word to use if we do go to the play offs but the aim at the start of the season would have been automatic promotion by the management team.

Couldn't disagree with this more.... This opinion is everything that's wrong with football.

Come into the club, clear out the deadwood, completely revolutionise the football department., set it up for long term sustainable success for the first time in years..... and call it a failure if you don't get promotion at the very first time of asking.

If it was that easy, everyone would do it because the payoff would make it worth the money.

A very very bad take on the situation.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I'm not having Bradford making a late charge. The epitome of average. 

FGR are basically up. They only need to have the form of say 12th position for the second half of the season to go up.

I'd say Tranmere look strong and been there got the t-shirt recently.  

If I had to predict which is as big a lottery as the play offs itself I'd go 

FGR Tranmere Northampton as my 3 automatics. 

Darren I like the reverse psychology angle that you’re taking. I hope DC prints this off and pins it up in the dressing room 👍

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Couldn't disagree with this more.... This opinion is everything that's wrong with football.

Come into the club, clear out the deadwood, completely revolutionise the football department., set it up for long term sustainable success for the first time in years..... and call it a failure if you don't get promotion at the very first time of asking.

If it was that easy, everyone would do it because the payoff would make it worth the money.

A very very bad take on the situation.

I agree 100% with this.

We need to remember where we've come from with relegation battles in 4 out of the last 5 seasons.

I'm a big advocate of shaking the "little old Port Vale" attitude we've had for a while, but we seem to be doing that with our forward planning and professionalism now.

I just wanted us to be completely clear of relegation this season, and to start dreaming of the top 7. So this is good progress to me and the direction we're heading.

Let's just first focus on getting better each season, rather than going backwards as we've done for 20 years.

I wasn't saying we should be chuffed with the playoffs, by the way - I'll only be happy if we go up. Anything less is a massive disappointment and will hurt. Getting out of this tinpot league is the sole priority.

I'm just saying that football has a lot of luck and chance in it, especially as the quality decreases. We might miss out by a couple of points and that doesn't mean Clarke has failed. 

I'm sure Clarke won't class it as a success, though.

5 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I remember Rudge once saying "if you get 6 out of 10 of your transfers right you've done very well". 

This! If people expect 100% of the signings to be spot on, then they are setting themselves up to be disappointed! I'd even say we're beyond 6 out of 10 (signings does countdown 🤦‍♂️) of the summer recruitment. And we've already sold one signing that didn't work, and bought his replacement. So instead of ending up with an NFL size roster of 35+, we're proactive and trying to right, what hasn't worked out. 
Honestly, what's not to like?

5 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I remember Rudge once saying "if you get 6 out of 10 of your transfers right you've done very well". 

Yeah anyone who expected all 15 signings to land were daft, I think Flitters did an excellent job.

At the start of the season I thought the playoffs may be possible, certainly not a given.   It now looks like we should finish top 7, which is great.  I think to finish any higher we’ll need a bit of luck.  We certainly can’t afford to continue with this run of injuries.

Archived