onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

17 hours ago, MBE said:

I wouldn't read too much into Simon Weavers comments. He got to try and justify selling him to his fan base.He wasn't too bothered about him commuting 12 months ago with a longer term contract and picking him to play almost every game this season.

Its a non factor.

I suppose it's easier to swallow than when money comes along we have to take it to survive, even if it means sacrificing a promotion push.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Best position this club has been in in my lifetime. If it doesn't happen this season it isn't far away.

I just think there's 8ish good teams and we'll need the ball to bounce the right way.

Exactly this… shows how far our mentality has shifted since DC has come in.

From praying we don’t get relegated out of the football league to potential immediate promotion. 

Losing in the playoffs would be a HUGE disappointment… but it would have to go down as a great start to the long term process the club is building.

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Exactly this… shows how far our mentality has shifted since DC has come in.

From praying we don’t get relegated out of the football league to potential immediate promotion. 

Losing in the playoffs would be a HUGE disappointment… but it would have to go down as a great start to the long term process the club is building.

That's part of my point - I've seen a few people, at least semi-seriously, talk as if this business means we're going up. We all like a HMS Walk the League meme, but there's so much luck in football that some may end up disappointed/angry that we finish 5th and not 3rd.

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Grimsby mate reckons they will be signing Danny Amos today. Asked me what he was like but said hard to comment as we saw little of him.

From what we did see he seemed perfectly solid. Never going to pick up a man of the match award but he also never looked like letting you down either.

It's crazy when you look at this list how much dead wood we were carrying when Clarke came in. I don't mean to be disrespectful by saying that, but only Cullen and McKirdy are making an impact at a team at the same level as us  (Legge aside as he's only just moved on). 

What a transformation the squad has seen since 15th Feb when Clarkey took charge. I would hang my hat on 95% of the current squad getting another L2 team if they were to leave. 

image.thumb.png.2084d9b445f58e737b0bfc2968e960e3.png

1 hour ago, tisdeano said:

I’m trying to remember the last season we paid fees for three players ?

May well have been another time since but going back to our Championship days I remember Horton pre-transfer deadline shelling out on Dave Brammer, Alex Smith and Carl Griffiths. There might have been someone else too but can't remember. That would have been with the Gareth Ainsworth cash though.

It's crazy when you look at this list how much dead wood we were carrying when Clarke came in. I don't mean to be disrespectful by saying that, but only Cullen and McKirdy are making an impact at a team at the same level as us  (Legge aside as he's only just moved on). 
What a transformation the squad has seen since 15th Feb when Clarkey took charge. I would hang my hat on 95% of the current squad getting another L2 team if they were to leave. 

To be fair, Robinson is too

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Not sure you could describe him as a regular starter though. He got a run when they had a port vale style striker crisis earlier in the season, but other than that he's a bench warmer. 

Cullen and Mckirdy are consistently starting.

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
14 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Really! Bradford fans seem to have the same opinion as we did. He has only played because of the injuries to other forwards and done very little.

Archived