onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

27 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
35 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:
Apparently Vale , Tranmere and Salford are interested in Burton Striker Kane Hemmings. Paper talk of course 

Can only see links to tranmere and Salford on twitter, have you got a link?

Not sure where its been seen but as you say no mention of Vale at all

At least it got the thread back on topic again

Advert

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Not sure where its been seen but as you say no mention of Vale at all

At least it got the thread back on topic again

With the two loan youngsters and the return of Wilson I'm struggling toimagine another striker signing. 

But with Flitters and Clarke who knows 

A very positive window so far.

For all the sentimental stuff about Legge - and there's no doubt that he always wore his heart on his sleeve and gave 100% - we should remember that (like Joyce and Brown before him) his stint at the club coincided with some dreadful seasons on the pitch. He's a player signed in an era I'd rather forget. 

I don't think we'll sign another CB despite having one less than before the window - we have Martin, Smith, Cass, Jones, Hussey and Hall who can all play there, as well as Gibbo and Benning if really needed. 

If I were to make one more move, it'd be finding a buyer for Rodney and using the money from the fee and his wage to secure Politic. That wouldn't leave us short up top but would secure a player who definitely could cut it in L1 next season.

Tranmere have signed Hemmings. Always good for 15 in League 2.

Their defensive record is a joke, and whilst it won't last at its current rate, it's worrying that they're adding a decent forward.

I still have the gut feeling we'll finish in the playoffs. Not sure why.

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Their defensive record is a joke, and whilst it won't last at its current rate, it's worrying that they're adding a decent forward.

Maybe, but we need to be the favourites to win at Wembley, also a bit of a lottery though losing to Swindon would be a nightmare.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Joe, we need to be more positive. We’ve just strengthened our team and I think we’ll do it automatically 🤞

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Grimsby mate reckons they will be signing Danny Amos today. Asked me what he was like but said hard to comment as we saw little of him.

Yes that is true . But good Luck to him for his future .  

12 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe, we need to be more positive. We’ve just strengthened our team and I think we’ll do it automatically 🤞

I know Hussey is a great signing but the other 3 I can't massively comment on yet. Flitcroft did very, very well in the summer but it wasn't 100% perfect recruitment.

One promotion spot seems gone and I think there's 6-8 good sides who will be competing for 2nd and 3rd. Luck will be needed.

The good things are that Clarke often goes on late-season winning streaks, and has successful playoff experience. I just think Mansfield, Exeter, Orient, and Bradford could still come good (maybe even Salford), before we consider the teams who are up there now (a few of which I think will falter). It's an absolute grind from here.

9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I'd rather have Joe's mentality and be surprised if we make it into an automatic spot than expect a top 3 spot and drop into the playoffs come May. I have full faith that we have the right setup, management and players, but you don't know what effect this unscheduled winter break has done for us and other clubs. League 2 is the toughest EFL to get out of, difficult to put a run together and players injury-free.

With that being said, I don't think we've been in a better place as a club to get promoted for a long time, even better than the Adams era. 

Archived