onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

I also do not wish to go too much off topic, but please consider this.

Doctors and virologists and medical professionals have trained their whole lives to understand viruses and how they work and the best way of dealing with diseases. I suspect your training is minimal.

There are hundreds of times in life that we have to put our faith in people who have dedicated their lives to gaining knowledge and skills that most do not have.

To ignore the advice all of these trained and seasoned medical professionals is, in my opinion akin to boarding a plane and telling the pilot that he can sit this one out as you are going to fly this plane. You don't know any of the details about flying a plane, you are not trained, have not spent years learning the craft but for some reason you know better and will fly that plane. That's how stupid anti-vaxers sound to anyone of sound mind.
Move to the politics thread. I could have a field day debating this but I promised not to!

3 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

I loved watchin Colin Tartt playing and all of that era.....

God am old ......😁😳

He used to do a day or two a week as a P.E teacher at Chell in the mid-late 70's. Seems odd now to think of calling him "Sir"

He used to drive a lime green Capri. Strange what sticks in your mind as a kid. 

Most famous in my eyes for the numerous sendigs off which included a twenty yard run up to completely take out an opponent - not sure if it was against Chesterfield who he eventually played for.   I think I also remember him getting sent off for catching the ball. Good old days of "Bernies evil" and all that.  

56 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Anybody got any transfer rumours?

🤐🙄

Heard in the pub that the matrix has a german chap signed up. P Fizer, should inject a bit of pace in the team, a welcome boost, but he is a bit of a <ovf censored> (the swear filter got me - make a small hole in something with a sharp tool)

5 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Don’t talk wet

What was ‘wet’ about that? Is it good to have someone with 7.9 MILLION followers arguing with one of our players on a social platform? What good would this do the club? Absolutely none. I read on here of Jacko I think it was that someone of another club had mentioned about Legge and Morgan on Twitter. Whether you want to disagree or not there was no positive for Port Vale for Legge posting lies on Twitter and arguing with Piers Morgan. 

Back to football…. What positions are we thinking we will improve on? I have a feeling a CM will sign and possibly a wide player. Best bit of business for me would be signing Gibbons and Politic up / having something in place with Politic for the end of the season. 

Rodney and Burgess to leave maybe Taylor as well

10 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Should we read anything into the fact that it coincides with playing only 1 game in a month? emoji3.png

I think you make a good point.

Player recruitment is full of promise and hope, and disappointment.

Engages the imagination.

Gets you on the edge of your seat in a way the actual football action often doesn't 🤭🤔

7 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Back to football…. What positions are we thinking we will improve on? I have a feeling a CM will sign and possibly a wide player. Best bit of business for me would be signing Gibbons and Politic up / having something in place with Politic for the end of the season. 

Rodney and Burgess to leave maybe Taylor as well

CM definitely for me. I can't really see a wide player unless we see one out .Depending on the fitness of Proctor we maybe in for another ST but I expect an experienced GK. Thats clearly the weakest and least experienced position in the team/squad now.

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

CM definitely for me. I can't really see a wide player unless we see one out .Depending on the fitness of Proctor we maybe in for another ST but I expect an experienced GK. Thats clearly the weakest and least experienced position in the team/squad now.

I’m not sure about your view on the GK department. What makes you think it’s the weakest? We’ve conceded 23 goals, the 3rd least in the top 7 and 4th least in the league. Covolan and Stone are two very competent GK’s at this level. For me, Covolan just about edges it and I’d expect to see him start against Swindon. 

Such a weird opinion...

Archived