onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

2 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Valiant_593 gets a bit precious over his beloved vaccines. He won't have a bad word said about them.

I would have thought anyone with at least half a brain would agree with him.

Unfortunately there seems to be a not insignificant number who do not match that criteria.

Advert

This pandemic has done strange things to a lot of people, potentially Leon included. I know it has to me at times. Unfortunately strangest of all, it's created this idea that you can judge a person's entire character by their stance on a single issue and question their right to free speech. It's as if, like Brexit, there are two kinds of people: good and bad. I was lucky enough to meet Leon a few times, so I'll base my opinion of him on that. As supporters we should base our opinion of him on the difference he made to the football club, which was considerable. That some are disrespecting him now shows the weakness we all know runs through our fanbase.

Perfect response and I think 99% of vale fans would agree with you. It’s a small issue that he’s allowed to have a valid opinion around. His main stance around vaccines was that little / no research had been conducted around people with epilepsy which made him sceptical.

I’d rather players stay of socials with personal stuff and keep to the football, however he’s been a model pro and contributed to keeping us in the football league for a couple of seasons.

A few tweets I don’t / do agree with matter little

I would have thought anyone with at least half a brain would agree with him.
Unfortunately there seems to be a not insignificant number who do not match that criteria.
I'm conscious that this is off topic. So this is my last word on this.

I don't think brain capacity is related to scepticism. There are plenty of very, very clever people who would disagree with you but hey, it's all those nasty ,thick , right wing people that want to kill granny that are the problem right?

23 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I don't think brain capacity is related to scepticism. There are plenty of very, very clever people who would disagree with you but hey, it's all those nasty ,thick , right wing people that want to kill granny that are the problem right?

Is that a promise.?

57 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Please promise us this is your last word

3 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Anyone think Benning may head out on loan now ? 

If I was to be greedy signing Politic and new contracts to Gibbo and Wozza would really be the perfect icing on the cake. Baby steps though. 

I think after Benning performance after coming on last Saturday made DC think straight away we need cover for the left side. 

I also do not wish to go too much off topic, but please consider this.

Doctors and virologists and medical professionals have trained their whole lives to understand viruses and how they work and the best way of dealing with diseases. I suspect your training is minimal.

There are hundreds of times in life that we have to put our faith in people who have dedicated their lives to gaining knowledge and skills that most do not have.

To ignore the advice all of these trained and seasoned medical professionals is, in my opinion akin to boarding a plane and telling the pilot that he can sit this one out as you are going to fly this plane. You don't know any of the details about flying a plane, you are not trained, have not spent years learning the craft but for some reason you know better and will fly that plane. That's how stupid anti-vaxers sound to anyone of sound mind.

3 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

This pandemic has done strange things to a lot of people, potentially Leon included. I know it has to me at times. Unfortunately strangest of all, it's created this idea that you can judge a person's entire character by their stance on a single issue and question their right to free speech. It's as if, like Brexit, there are two kinds of people: good and bad. I was lucky enough to meet Leon a few times, so I'll base my opinion of him on that. As supporters we should base our opinion of him on the difference he made to the football club, which was considerable. That some are disrespecting him now shows the weakness we all know runs through our fanbase.

Another route you can take, is what I've done all through this;

When you read a post you don't agree with, some even from what people will call "tinfoil hats" etc. do the following: you read it, roll your eyes, maybe even laugh a bit, and then scroll on. 
It has worked for me for nearly two years now, so feel free to use it if you want 🙂

Archived