onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

4 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Fair play to him, he'll be comfortably good enough for that level.

It's a shame in a way for players like him, Evans, Kennedy. They were hopeless but it was Askey's fault for throwing them in the deep end and convincing us and them they were L2 players. 

To be fair to Askey I don’t think he believed it either which is why he barely played anything or than his 1st choice 11 regardless of form or results. He knew half the squad were only making up numbers.

Good luck to Whitehead.

Advert

1 minute ago, MBE said:

To be fair to Askey I don’t think he believed it either which is why he barely played anything or than his 1st choice 11 regardless of form or results. He knew half the squad were only making up numbers.

Good luck to Whitehead.

Then why sign them? I guess that's the difference between then and now. Askey signed squad filler and prayed the old guard brought in by Aspin could still do the business. DC/DF are constantly looking to improve the starting 11.

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

After the season Gibbos had I can’t believe how quick people are to ditch him. 

It's not ditching him. I didn't include him because I have a feeling he might be on his way. Hopefully he's not, and him staying makes us that little bit stronger still.

Good read on Ryan Edmondson, how far we have come, and are heading can not help but feel a little exited.
Ryan-Edmondson.jpg WWW.FOOTBALLINSIDER247.COM  
Interesting quote from Whelan:

"He’s been given this opportunity of minutes. It’ll guarantee minutes for Ryan Edmondson, but he has to take this with open arms."

So presumably we have to play him or he goes back. Can't imagine we allowed Leeds to sneak that in if Proctor was back any time soon.

6 minutes ago, Topher said:

"He’s been given this opportunity of minutes. It’ll guarantee minutes for Ryan Edmondson, but he has to take this with open arms."

So presumably we have to play him or he goes back. Can't imagine we allowed Leeds to sneak that in if Proctor was back any time soon.

Isn't that the exact opposite to what DC said about loan signings in the summer? That he didn't want them, if he had to guarantee them minutes? That they were equal to anyone else in the squad, and had to earn their place?

Probably just a figure of speech from a bloke who assumes that, because it's League 2, he'll play loads, as opposed to a contractual thing.

Whelan is Leeds' equivalent of Adam Yates. He's a co-commentator for BBC Leeds and works as an ambassador for the Leeds Foundation. I doubt he's privy to transfer/loan agreements of the first team. 

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

I know what you're saying, and I'd agree with you if he hadn't seemed to have regressed so much. Whether he's actually regressed or his perceived ability and performance is now showing a more accurate reflection with us now actually having very good strikers and so a real barometer to judge his talent is up for debate, but he's been so bad this season that there will come a point when enough is enough. I don't disagree that his goals were vital to us last season, but that's gone.

Very true. For me it was a repeat of Oyeleke out of the team and seemed as though when he came back he’d bulked up affecting his mobility. Also the season he scored those goals exactly how many were goals you’d expect from centre forwards position. ie. tap ins or goal hangers goals.

Don’t particularly know much about Hall but after having a scan through Twitter, he seems to be one of their key players. I believe he’s a left-sided CB, so he will easily slot into the back 3. With 18 months left on his contract, again like Hussey, he will command a decent fee but it seems as though that’s been agreed. I believe he was at the club yesterday, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign over the next few days. Hearing that we’ve beat one or two clubs as well, if all goes well. 
A 6”4, big brick sh*thouse, is something that we have lacked this season. With Legge not getting any younger, and rumours of his departure, this could be an excellent signing. 
The depth in our defence is absolutely beautiful. Let’s just hope Gibbo doesn’t leave this month and we can tie him down. 

I thought i'd seen he was on contract till 2024..

1 hour ago, Topher said:

Go back where? He can only play for 2 clubs in one season. He's here for the duration.

8 minutes ago, Badboybubba said:
3 hours ago, Portvale4 said:
Don’t particularly know much about Hall but after having a scan through Twitter, he seems to be one of their key players. I believe he’s a left-sided CB, so he will easily slot into the back 3. With 18 months left on his contract, again like Hussey, he will command a decent fee but it seems as though that’s been agreed. I believe he was at the club yesterday, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign over the next few days. Hearing that we’ve beat one or two clubs as well, if all goes well. 
A 6”4, big brick sh*thouse, is something that we have lacked this season. With Legge not getting any younger, and rumours of his departure, this could be an excellent signing. 
The depth in our defence is absolutely beautiful. Let’s just hope Gibbo doesn’t leave this month and we can tie him down. 

I thought i'd seen he was on contract till 2024..

I think you’re right on that one mate 

4 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

I agree with this. Fee paid for Hussey & sounds like a fee agreed with Harrogate for Connor Hall.

We spent 15K on Steve Brooker about 20 years ago but can't remember a time when we've paid an actual fee to sign somebody since... other than DC.

So 2 in a week would point towards money coming in somewhere. But who knows!

We do have money to spend even if a player wasn't sold and we always have since C and K took over,my guess would be though that Johnson has paid for Hussey and i think we all know that either Conlon or Gibbo or both could be sold this month BUT  how refreshing to know that money made goes back into the squad to ultimately make us better and long may that continue imo.

At one time i would panic at us selling better players but not now,i have every faith that we will bring in the right players to get us over the line this season and then it will probably be the same next season in a higher division.....so jump on board people and for the first time in a long time ENJOY THE RIDE

Onwards and Upwards

Archived