onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Some interesting thing on the pod this morning.

@stupers let me know if I have miss-interpreted any of this:

Legge wasn’t fit / well which only happened in the week. They thought he would be available to play hence why they let Johnson go before the game.

The Rumours about Rodney may have some legs… he hasn’t left already but there is chance he may be going.

Someone at the club is miffed off about sprosons comments about Taylor

I still dont expect Legge to be at the club beyond January(I dont know anything its just my thoughts on it)

There is no doubt imo that Rodders can be a player but for whatever reason he hasn't repeated the form from last season(I dont think getting covid and then injuries have helped),so for a player who i think has another season after this one on his contract   if we get a decent offer for him i would let him go and reinvest it in the team to drive us over the line.

As for Sproson,his comments haven't helped Taylor one bit(cant see him being happy with his agents very public comment),so and i feel sad in saying this about a playing legend(sproson) but i would try to offload Taylor just to get Sproson from being involved with players at the club

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

Hussey played the full 90 minutes for Cheltenham yesterday. 

I think i saw somewhere that he got man of the match? Not sure now if this ship has sailed or not but its very refreshing that we are able to put bids in for regular experienced League One players

With Rodney, a lot of it has been said before. He's not the first player to not fulfil his potential and he won't be the last. 

We didn't give him a 3 year contract so he could take 3 years to develop then bugger off on a free at the end. 18 months in, we would have planned to sell him on either in this window or in the summer for a decent fee while there's enough left on his contract.

People must be close to deciding, or have maybe already decided that it hasn't worked. Perhaps an exit strategy is already being worked on. Another club might look at him and think they can succeed where we've failed. Maybe he will realise this is his last chance to not waste his talent and push on. Or maybe he's just not particularly driven to play any higher than the level he's at now.

41 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

As for Sproson,his comments haven't helped Taylor one bit(cant see him being happy with his agents very public comment),so and i feel sad in saying this about a playing legend(sproson) but i would try to offload Taylor just to get Sproson from being involved with players at the club

I think I've missed these comments.  Can someone enlighten me/link?  Ta. 

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I think i saw somewhere that he got man of the match? Not sure now if this ship has sailed or not but its very refreshing that we are able to put bids in for regular experienced League One players

Seems competition has boosted his performance.  

Duff GlouLive Post Match

What's the situation with Chris Hussey?

Do you expect him to stay?

I genuinely don't know. I had a conversation, which will remain between us. The way he performed today looked like he wanted to stay, but there is no point in me trying to second guess what he's going to do. We brought Ben Williams in as competition, not to replace him. But if he decides that he wants to leave, it's a different case. If he decides he wants to leave and there is no bid in, it's a no. That's a more difficult situation, but the two clubs have agreed and it's up to Huss now.

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

I think I've missed these comments.  Can someone enlighten me/link?  Ta. 

Sproson on Radio Stoke pretty much said Taylor was cheesed off at Vale due to lack of game time. Was never going to get in a winning team was he. But in the immediate aftermath of those comments Taylor was suddenly ' injured ' and Burgess back in the fold. 

It's been done to death on here so I'm sorry for repeating others but the agenda Sproson has had with Usain Crookes, Toby Edser and Taylor is all about HIM and his wonderful agent skills. 

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I still dont expect Legge to be at the club beyond January(I dont know anything its just my thoughts on it)

There is no doubt imo that Rodders can be a player but for whatever reason he hasn't repeated the form from last season(I dont think getting covid and then injuries have helped),so for a player who i think has another season after this one on his contract   if we get a decent offer for him i would let him go and reinvest it in the team to drive us over the line.

Yeah I thought when Sproson opened his mouth about Taylor on the commentary the other week that it wouldnt end well - bit of a numpty really

If Rodney were to leave whereabouts would he go? Realistically he is not going to L1 you’d think, he’s not shown enough development for that especially in terms of his awareness of what else is round him. Would a Stockport or Wrexham type fit the bill or say a loan to a bottom half club in our league? See if he can go and wreck a couple of our promotion rivals that way.

In terms of Jake Taylor depending if he does want to stay here I’d seriously think of swapping agents. I think Sproson didn’t  help Crookes cause at times last season and things are trending the same way with Jake.

35 minutes ago, dishydave said:
39 minutes ago, tisdeano said:
My guess is this windows recruitment has changed from an invest in players for future to let’s try get top 3

I would say that it was always the plan if we were in amongst it come January get some experience in to push us on

Hopefully not having to  cover the departure of a key player, looks like an eventful few weeks and a good start has been made.

What are we going to do with Rodney in a wing back system that has 6 sudo/ out-and-our strikers vying for 2 places? Sell him, he’s a victim of the system DC is playing but isn’t versatile enough to adapt like Woz has. I think that’d be best for him and us. Spend the money on some 8ft CBs that couldn’t lose a header if they tried.

Some interesting thing on the pod this morning.
@stupers let me know if I have miss-interpreted any of this:
Legge wasn’t fit / well which only happened in the week. They thought he would be available to play hence why they let Johnson go before the game.
The Rumours about Rodney may have some legs… he hasn’t left already but there is chance he may be going.
Someone at the club is miffed off about sprosons comments about Taylor

saw Rodney walking in to the Lorne street exec section with his family at 2.55…. Looked pretty happy….

Archived