The story so far....

OUT

Johnson (fee)

Amos (out of contract)

Whitehead (mutual)

IN

Ryan Edmondson (loan)

Kian Harratt (loan)

Also seemingly Hussey (Fee) and Dean Campbell (loan)

Two defenders and a midfielder out / two strikers a defender and a midfielder in.

Waking BA up when the transfer window opens f60bb6172b4e7acb63136f2f11ea2a11.gif.20fbbcc7ec2265e657f1be1a52df886d.gif

Advert

2 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

Not much anger here though.

WWW.ROBINSNESTFORUM.CO.UK

Very positive about him and about 5 comments in comparison to the 50+ on Twitter, which are 95% disappointed.

We needed to add promotion experience this window, and Hussey is ideal as it can free up Worrall and Gibbons into their natural positions.

6 hours ago, MBE said:

If either Conlon or Pett are out for a period of games do you think Burgess and Whitehead are good enough to replacements to maintain a promotion challenge?

The same question applies for the strikers.Proctor and Wilson out for a longer period with Amoo,Rodney and Edmonson as cover?

I would agree numbers wise we look to have the cover but quality wise?

For 1 or 2 games you can get away with it but for a promotion run I'm not so sure.

IMHO to get out of Lge 2 into Lge 1 a club needs at least 6 players good enough to play in Lge 1. Gibbo is certainly one of those players for Vale whether he plays wing back or right back, Conlon is another.

IMHO to get out of Lge 2 into Lge 1 a club needs at least 6 players good enough to play in Lge 1. Gibbo is certainly one of those players for Vale whether he plays wing back or right back, Colon is another.
Covolan, Smith, Gibbo, Worrall, Pett & Conlon I think could play L1 comfortably.

Potentially add Cass and Wilson to that list, and Hussey if he signs.

I think people forget how good Proctor looked before his injury. He was scoring for fun and missing loads of chances. His link up play was top drawer. 

If (big if) we get Wilson and Proctor fit for the rest of the season, I think we'll go up. They're that good.

Amos was always a back up and was never really going to make the first team. Purely there for the over priced pizza cup. 

I'm sure Whitehead is a lovely fella but thank god he's gone. By far one of the worst footballers to have put a Vale Jersey on. And that's saying something considering the crap we've had over the years. 

One thing I am glad/relieved about is there's been no rumours or gossip about a higher club coming for Conlon. I was convinced someone might have had a cheeky bid in by now. Long he may stay and help in the promotion push 

Everyone overlooks Garrity. He’s arguably been our best player this season. Not the best technically but he offers everything else. 

Garrity, Smith, Gibbo, Wozza, Conlon, Pett, Wilson, Proctor, Politic - potentially Walker and Taylor as well, good enough for the league above 

Were in a very, very good place. Hussey would be a great signing at this level and allows us to play Wozza further up / rotate quality player for quality player. I just hope it’s not some 2/3 year deal given his age. I’d expect / hope it’s until the end of next season 

Everyone overlooks Garrity. He’s arguably been our best player this season. Not the best technically but he offers everything else. 
Garrity, Smith, Gibbo, Wozza, Conlon, Pett, Wilson, Proctor, Politic - potentially Walker and Taylor as well, good enough for the league above 
Were in a very, very good place. Hussey would be a great signing at this level and allows us to play Wozza further up / rotate quality player for quality player. I just hope it’s not some 2/3 year deal given his age. I’d expect / hope it’s until the end of next season 
I can't see him leaving an 18 month contract (which is what he had left) for a 6 month one?

BTW, I totally agree about Garrity. Everybody seems keen to drop him whenever we have a poor result. Ridiculous

EDIT: Misread your post. Thought you said till the end of this season. Sorry

Just now, philmpv said:
3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I can't see him leaving an 18 month contract (which is what he had left) for a 6 month one?

Neither can I.

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

BTW, I totally agree about Garrity. Everybody seems keen to drop him whenever we have a poor result. Ridiculous

Sorry end of next season I meant so the same contract as with Cheltenham. Wouldn’t really be a fan of any longer than that given his age 

Archived