onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

12 minutes ago, robf said:

I'm not sure about that. I would be very happy with Gibbo as RWB, Hussey as LWB and Worrall used (more effectively) further up the pitch.

It would entail a change in formation, but in my view the best we've played this season was a 343 vs Colchester. 

Worrall and Politic either side of Wilson would be lovely. You'd then get Gibbons on his favoured right, and he's linked up well with Worrall before. Hussey being a bit steadier would allow Politic freedom to hang about and do what he does best in the final third.

Advert

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure he's upgrade on Lloyd. Lloyd had plenty of league minutes in his legs. I'm not saying you Clayts but Lloyd got a bad rap on here and not totally sure why. 

Welcome to the new lad, impressive record for reserve football and I really hope he does the business. 

True re league minutes, fair point. I was thinking upgrade in terms of Harratt being on fringes of a Champ squad, as opposed to Lloyd on edge of a L1 squad. Either way I quite liked Lloyd, thought it was a very sensible signing, complemented the other strikers well, and that touch round the corner for the 4th v Accy was sublime, so clearly has talent. Problem was we suddenly needed replacements for - not complements to - our main strikers, which wasn't him and then the injury did for his spell here.

Either way, very strong, aggressive start to this window. Roll on tomorrow!

With the departure of Whitehead, only Rodney remains from Askey's disastrous 2020 summer window which basically cost him his job.

Incredibly, the only permanent Askey signings still at the club are Amoo, Rodney, Hurst, and Burgess, none of whom are regulars. The squad has been entirely rebuilt in under a year.

Taylor was a loan who was then signed permanently after Askey, so I guess he counts.

With the departure of Whitehead, only Rodney remains from Askey's disastrous 2020 summer window which basically cost him his job.
Incredibly, the only permanent Askey signings still at the club are Amoo, Rodney, Hurst, and Burgess, none of whom are regulars. The squad has been entirely rebuilt in under a year.
Taylor was a loan who was then signed permanently after Askey, so I guess he counts.
I thought Amoo was signed by Aspin? Or have I misremembered?

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:
7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I thought Amoo was signed by Aspin? Or have I misremembered?

Nah was an Askey signing, probably his most successful overall. 

It's shows how much better recruitment is at this point; I could name 5 better signings this summer than we've made for years (Pett, Wilson, Jones, Cass, Garrity).

24 minutes ago, philmpv said:
27 minutes ago, Hoppers said:
good point but where would that leave worrall though?

Maybe looking at 343 for now to play Politic and Worrall either side of a striker until players are back? After that, I have no idea but can't see Hussey starting in 352 when Worrall and Gibbons are available, like you

I was a big advocate of 3-4-3 for this squad, especially when we don't have Proctor and Wilson in tandem, but then Garrity came along and hit form and now I'm not sure if we should go 3-4-3, as we lose our star man from the last few games. So maybe with Jones out we go 4-2-3-1, with Politic Garrity and Woz behind the striker?

I dunno. Whatever formation we play, I think we end up having to leave out one top player, which is a nice problem to have and says a lot for our squad depth.

The Dean Campbell link is a strange one. Our center midfield is pretty stacked with good players (Garrity, Walker, Pett, Taylor, Conlon).

Looks an exciting prospect if he is to come in. I wonder if there could be movement outwards with Taylor, Burgess or (god forbid) Conlon.

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

The Dean Campbell link is a strange one. Our center midfield is pretty stacked with good players (Garrity, Walker, Pett, Taylor, Conlon).

Looks an exciting prospect if he is to come in. I wonder if there could be movement outwards with Taylor, Burgess or (god forbid) Conlon.

You would think that if we are targeting a midfielder then one of the others at least will be moving on

Archived