onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

One things clear - these are signings that have been fully appraised and considered for some time. Personally, I'm very happy with both striker signings. Proctor and Wilson are clearly first choice when fit and in form, and deservedly so on what they've shown this season. They will both be on their way back now, probably by the end of the month at the latest. In the meantime, both of the new lads will have a chance to gain some experience, show what they can do, and make life as difficult as possible for DC when Proctor and Wilson are back, hopefully. It's a no lose situation. I wouldn't have been looking to bring in 'a proven striker' and risk upsetting the great balance and spirit that's so clearly there presently when we have 2 class strikers at this level who have been unlucky enough to be injured

I know people mentioned the 'speculation' aspect of it, but people are naive if they don't think Gibbons won't be receiving admiring glances.

A 23yo with less than 6 months on his deal, playing on the wrong side at the level he is? He'll show up in the data as so much goes through him. It's an absolute no-brainer. 

He probably hasn't been offered a contract yet but he'll be on the databases of a few clubs, I have no doubt.

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

One things clear - these are signings that have been fully appraised and considered for some time. Personally, I'm very happy with both striker signings. Proctor and Wilson are clearly first choice when fit and in form, and deservedly so on what they've shown this season. They will both be on their way back now, probably by the end of the month at the latest. In the meantime, both of the new lads will have a chance to gain some experience, show what they can do, and make life as difficult as possible for DC when Proctor and Wilson are back, hopefully. It's a no lose situation. I wouldn't have been looking to bring in 'a proven striker' and risk upsetting the great balance and spirit that's so clearly there presently when we have 2 class strikers at this level who have been unlucky enough to be injured

Flitters said that focus shifted to B Teams and U23s from September to January, so I assume both of these have been properly vetted,

17 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hussey is an absolutely class signing, considering our system.

Played nearly every minute in the league above and was probably the best in his position last season.

However, one of Worrall, Gibbons, or Hussey will have to be benched. Benning is likely finished as a contributor. 

I said yesterday he was probably the best attacking LWB in the league last season and has played nearly all the games in league one this season,so he would be a class signing

Harratt an upgrade on Lloyd, Edmondson as temp replacement and then cover for Proctor as mobile target man, two excellent bits of recruitment.

Shame to see Johnson go, especially given the timing since he would probably have covered for Jones, and felt he had potential, but guess we couldn't turn down the cash, and seem to be using the money raised (and assumedly a bit more besides) already if Hussey does happen, which would be a proper coup.

Not a bad first week. And with less than 24 hours to go, we still look like we might have an actual game to watch tomorrow. Winner!

Definitely making a real push for promotion. Hussey is a class player for this level and is decent in the league above. I suppose it depends how long Wozza is out Re competition. At the moment he would fit in perfectly at LWB and Gibbo RWB. Benning will leave I presume if Hussey signs.

Signing Hussey would make a lot of sense I reckon. Before long we are going to be playing Saturday and Tuesday for quite a considerable period of time and those wingback positions are rather physically demanding. I would guess the plan will be Worrall and Gibbo to alternate on the right and then Hussey and Benning on the left that should help keep us relatively fresh throughout.

I think with the signing of Harratt who is clearly well thought of at Huddersfield it’s a tribute to our improving reputation as a club they are comfortable sending them here for their development.

No chance will we see Benning as a regular left wing back IMO.

Is Hussey a better wing back than Gibbo and Worrall? I don’t know. From what I remember of him he’s steady but not as dynamic as those 2, but that’s based on me just seeing him in the games they played against us over the last few seasons, so I can’t pretend otherwise. Are people on here really wanting to see him playing regularly over Gibbo? arguably our player of the season so far. Also I don’t believe he’d be coming here on the cheap either. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Is Hussey a better wing back than Gibbo and Worrall? I don’t know. From what I remember of him he’s steady but not as dynamic as those 2, but that’s based on me just seeing him in the games they played against us over the last few seasons, so I can’t pretend otherwise. Are people on here really wanting to see him playing regularly over Gibbo? arguably our player of the season so far. Also I don’t believe he’d be coming here on the cheap either. 

He can also play left side CH . So again one of those versatile types DC loves  

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

If Gibbons stays(as i am sure there is a lot of interest in him) then he would probably go to RWB for now and Hussey LWB and that would do for me

Archived