onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

a new wing back would be more useful than replacing Johnson with another CB, as Jones and Cass seem to be preferred in the centre.

I like the idea of someone like Hussey coming in... proven winner, experienced, promotion under his belt.... a bit like the signing of Purse in the promotion season.

Its difficult to say who is replacing who because as DC says in his interview, there is a lot of the window left to go and we have no idea who else is coming or going.

17 minutes ago, 1 said:

a new wing back would be more useful than replacing Johnson with another CB, as Jones and Cass seem to be preferred in the centre.

Not a fan of Cass at Cb personally, countless times he’s cost us goals of crosses, I’d like to see a CB join to play alongside Smith and Jones 

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Not a fan of Cass at Cb personally, countless times he’s cost us goals of crosses, I’d like to see a CB join to play alongside Smith and Jones 

Trade off there is that Cass plays the overlapping CB so well which has lead to a number of goals by him being allowed to get up the pitch. Don't disagree that we would benefit from a man mountain who could command the area though.

40 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The press are saying that a few league 1 clubs are after Harrison including Fleetwood who have just received a nice lump sum for their centre half.

He’s never been prolific but clearly adds something as he has played at a higher level.

Hopefully he remembers his time with DC fondly and that gives us a chance!

I don't think DC does the players that have played for him before thing. None of our current squad have.

I don't think we need anyone more if our forwards are recovering. The midfield has been bolstered quietly by Burgess and Whitehead who are solid League 2 players; albeit won't get promotion without others who are better etc. I really wish Jones hadn't got banned, but chance for someone else. 

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't think we need anyone more if our forwards are recovering. The midfield has been bolstered quietly by Burgess and Whitehead who are solid League 2 players; albeit won't get promotion without others who are better etc. I really wish Jones hadn't got banned, but chance for someone else. 

I can still see Whitehead being moved on this month... just a hunch but don't see him adding anything to the promotion push 

9 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't think we need anyone more if our forwards are recovering. The midfield has been bolstered quietly by Burgess and Whitehead who are solid League 2 players

If either Conlon or Pett are out for a period of games do you think Burgess and Whitehead are good enough to replacements to maintain a promotion challenge?

The same question applies for the strikers.Proctor and Wilson out for a longer period with Amoo,Rodney and Edmonson as cover?

I would agree numbers wise we look to have the cover but quality wise?

For 1 or 2 games you can get away with it but for a promotion run I'm not so sure.

14 minutes ago, Warren said:

Whitehead is a solid league 2 player? What have you been watching 

All the comments on Twitter aimed towards Johnson from fellow team mates and also Carol show what a great team spirit we have. It also shows that Johnson must have been a great lad around the dressing room and it seems as if the players have genuine respect and friendliness between each other. 

Always nice to see stuff like this. 

3 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

All the comments on Twitter aimed towards Johnson from fellow team mates and also Carol show what a great team spirit we have. It also shows that Johnson must have been a great lad around the dressing room and it seems as if the players have genuine respect and friendliness between each other. 

Always nice to see stuff like this. 

I remember of the the videos after we won a game he had been dropped for after playing the previous few ... he celebrated like mad and seemed genuinely passionate about the result.

Seems like a really good bloke and I wish him well.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

If either Conlon or Pett are out for a period of games do you think Burgess and Whitehead are good enough to replacements to maintain a promotion challenge?

The same question applies for the strikers.Proctor and Wilson out for a longer period with Amoo,Rodney and Edmonson as cover?

I would agree numbers wise we look to have the cover but quality wise?

For 1 or 2 games you can get away with it but for a promotion run I'm not so sure.

I'm with you on this.

I think we all need a bit of a mindset shift from the "little old Port Vale" we've been used to in the past.

If we have any ambitions of being promoted out of this league, we don't need players that can "do a job", we need quality.

That doesn't mean we have to throw money at players as we've proven with the summer recruitment, we just need to find value in the market, and I'm confident that FINALLY we're actually scouting players and being proactive in our recruitment.

When we sign someone now, I'm confident we've done our research and homework, and not just signed someone because they had a good game against us once or because an agent recommended them.

27 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

think we all need a bit of a mindset shift from the "little old Port Vale" we've been used to in the past.

If we have any ambitions of being promoted out of this league, we don't need players that can "do a job", we need quality.

I know its a different league but the year Sheff Utd won promotion from L1 I remember looking at the team sheet and thought these are a good side, then I saw the subs and thought every single one of them players would walk into our team. Admittedly we did have Micheal Brown in charge and sinking but it shows the kind of squad strength you need for promotion, even more so in covid times.

2 hours ago, Warren said:

I would prefer Taylor and Burgess, personally. Obviously assuming that Taylor is fit

Archived