onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

The Johnson situation could be similar to Richie Bennett.  Not quite happened for him and Vale decide to cash in to the tune of 50K or whatever it might be after only a few months at the Vale.

Given his stats at Hartlepool which were impeccable last season I think we stick with him .Might be down to the player in which case he'd probably go back with Challinor.

Apart from odd minutes here and there ( I don't watch Pizza cup) I remember he had a poor debut in a nothing performance at Northampton but a very steady game v an albeit terrible Hartlepool.  

He's on an upwards curve having come from nowhere in a short space of time football wise.

Legge or Johnson? Absolute no brainer for me, the lad has to be given a consistent run in the team.

I want him to stay. 

Advert

I agree that loaning Johnson out would be a good move. He hasn't featured enough and there's no evidence he's good enough for the level we want to be at. He's had limited chances but those he has had, he hasn't taken consistently. If he couldn't feature for us so far, will he be good enough to feature if we're genuinely in the top 3 mix in April?

Of course, we need to consider him too - he probably wants to go and play football.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

SFBT I thought Macc said groan not berate them. That is negativity that obviously won’t do anything in creating positivity. Also the players won’t hear a moan/groan

I'm not so sure about players not hearing collective moans and groans, and it was that I was referring to.

It's often said that fans are the twelfth man when encouraging players/ the team.

I believe it works against the team when fans are groaning, as I'm pretty sure it comes across.

2 hours ago, SFBT said:

I'm not so sure about players not hearing collective moans and groans, and it was that I was referring to.

It's often said that fans are the twelfth man when encouraging players/ the team.

I believe it works against the team when fans are groaning, as I'm pretty sure it comes across.

I’m sure that the crowd groaning will be a lot more pleasant than what will be awaiting them when they get to not the dressing room

Johnson gone permanently to Stockport. If we have made money on him, having signed him on a free then not played him for 6 months, then we're elite operators. Lump it on a forward Flitters. I know some will be annoyed but the lad hasn't been good enough to get in our side and we've turned a profit. That's just good business.

"Ryan would have remained in the clubs plans moving forward, however a deal was presented to the club that offered us really good value for the player and will provide us with an opportunity to reinvest this money back into other areas of the club.

"This aligns with the clubs new player trading philosophy, looking to extract value from its assets in a variety of different ways to help maximise the growth and improvement of the football club."

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Johnson gone permanently to Stockport. If we have made money on him, having signed him on a free then not played him for 6 months, then we're elite operators. Lump it on a forward Flitters. I know some will be annoyed but the lad hasn't been good enough to get in our side and we've turned a profit. That's just good business.

"Ryan would have remained in the clubs plans moving forward, however a deal was presented to the club that offered us really good value for the player and will provide us with an opportunity to reinvest this money back into other areas of the club.

"This aligns with the clubs new player trading philosophy, looking to extract value from its assets in a variety of different ways to help maximise the growth and improvement of the football club."

I think that's cracking business by all involved as it wont be for peanuts with him still having 1.5yrs left and reading between the lines it seems to be an offer they couldn't turn down. I like the model we are following

I think that's cracking business by all involved as it wont be for peanuts with him still having 1.5yrs left and reading between the lines it seems to be an offer they couldn't turn down. I like the model we are following
Certainly a lot better than the sign as many free journeymen as we can, barely play most and award the most consistent underperformers new contracts philosophy of the past 5 seasons

Really like what I'm seeing. DF will be the making of this club, backed by Carol and Kevin. Love DC but he seems to be the least crucial cog in this new Port Vale machine. Love the guy, and all I mean is that even with a change of manager, when that happens, we should barely break stride

Archived