onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

I’d be surprised if we let Johnson go. He’s not impressed when he’s played so far but DC clearly rated him and I don’t think he’s had a fair enough chance so far. Unless Stockport are offering us a decent deal; which they probably are / we have someone lined up it wouldn’t make sense. Although I suppose it could mean in the immediate, Amos staying and getting a chance as back up at left back to Benning? With Martin / Legge at Cb in the short term. 

As Joe says we need and will sign another forward. Garrity has done great up top but we’re missing his goals from midfield. Amoo is a winger / back up forward, Wilson will take a bit of time to get going (could get injured again) and same with Proctor. I’m certain we will sign another striker, especially with this build up in fixtures. 

Advert

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Amoo, Garrity, and Politic are not strikers. They are all very effective elsewhere. If they play them up front we lose their utility in other positions.

Proctor isn't ready and Edmonson is cup-tied and inexperienced, and whilst he might be good, we can't rely on it. Wilson won't be match fit yet even if he is available. 

We need another forward. Lloyd is gone and we can't trust Rodney. We also can't assume Proctor and Wilson will hit the ground running. 

We need striker + Edmonson until Proctor and Wilson are back, and that'll allow us to ease them back in. We should then have a target man back up for Proctor and then Wilson/new signing for the other spot. As much as Wilson was in good form, he wasn't exactly prolific in the league. We're going to have a spell of Saturday/Tuesday and depth will be crucial.

At least that's how I see it. 

But, Amoo and Garrity have played up front, and Garrity did extremely well.  We shall see, but I'll be surprised if we sign another permanent striker.  Be interesting to see who makes the squad this weekend. 

I mentioned Rodney going in the window a couple of months ago, as at that time I was placing him in 4th position for a strikers role. I’ve since realised that Rodney isn’t a striker and operates best as a right winger even though his crossing ability requires a lot of work. At that time all forwards were fit. I couldn’t understand why on RS Adam Yates, who could talk a glass eye asleep was saying he’s one for the future and would be our most valuable assets.

If those rumors are true I'd be disappointed if Vale let Devante go. He doesn't appear to fit the 3-5-2 system DC prefers as he doesn't appear to be at his best as an out and out striker and he isn't a left wing back so he's had his nose pushed out this season a little and together with injuries it's not been the best season for him.

There is no doubting he has talent and pace to burn, it's finding the right system(s) to suit Devante. I hope he stays and fights for a  place.

14 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I mentioned Rodney going in the window a couple of months ago, as at that time I was placing him in 4th position for a strikers role. I’ve since realised that Rodney isn’t a striker and operates best as a right winger even though his crossing ability requires a lot of work. At that time all forwards were fit. I couldn’t understand why on RS Adam Yates, who could talk a glass eye asleep was saying he’s one for the future and would be our most valuable assets.

14 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Yes I heard Adam Yates couple months ago before the kick off saying there was a million pound player in Rodney and was our most saleable asset 

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Amoo, Garrity, and Politic are not strikers....As much as Wilson was in good form, he wasn't exactly prolific in the league. We're going to have a spell of Saturday/Tuesday and depth will be crucial.

At least that's how I see it. 

Interestingly, Garrity / Wilson / Proctor are joint top scorers each on 7 goals.  Nobody prolific but Wilson seemed to set a few up, as well. And we have around 15 different scorers...so far.

9 hours ago, The French Connection said:

But, Amoo and Garrity have played up front, and Garrity did extremely well.  We shall see, but I'll be surprised if we sign another permanent striker.  Be interesting to see who makes the squad this weekend. 

We will sign another permanent striker,as someone else said Proctor is someway off and DC and the club wont want to be left in the same position we are now for the run in(not sure he will be as experienced as some think though)

As for Johnson,that would be an odd one(i actually like him) with Jones being out unless someone is lined up,if its a loan then fair enough i guess as he gets game time and still has 12mths left and if it was permanent then he would command a fee which again would be good business for a player who joined a free in the summer

I have a sneaky feeling we will start to see a change in formation in the 2nd half of the season and expect a few changes in the squad will reflect it.

Dont see Rodney leaving at all. As much as I’m frustrated by him I think it would be a mistake at this stage to move him on.

Shame if Johnson leaves. I thought he had the makings of a good player. He just needed to settle down a little which would have come with more game time.

12 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I know Johnson has not exactly established himself yet but would be a bit surprised if we’d let him go at this point. Really with Dan Jones banned for three games (that Newport red card seems an age ago now) this should be his opportunity to force his case in our first team unless Amos has shown he could maybe play that LCB role.

I would imagine if he goes then moneybags Stockport will have to pay a fee for an under contract player. I can't see the club turning down getting a transfer fee for a squad player just to keep him around to cover a three match ban. 

11 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think Rodney is worth keeping, he's 23 so still has plenty of time to develop within his current contract which runs until July 2023. He's not the finished article but I don't think him nor the club claim that he is. His touch and hold up play is improving - you only need to look at Burton game to see that his must have been an area the coaches are working on with him. Don't get me wrong, I've been frustrated at times with his decision making but that is the purpose of working with them on the training ground to fine tune those weaknesses. Look at Tom Conlon progression (who's now 25 and soon to be 26 in Feb) who was being written off a couple of years ago - players at our level just need a little more time to train and learn from mistakes in games. 

I appreciate that the greedy league sees young prospects playing fantastic football at 21 but they are few and far between and at our level, they will generally develop at a later stage in their career. With Rodney, he needs to earn his place like everyone but there is certainly a good player in there and one I hope is realised with us rather than somewhere else. He seems to be a confidence player and he does need to zone out the moans and groans that I hear around the ground - I've been guilty of letting out a little moan when his first touch has made the ball run away from him when we would otherwise have been in a good attacking position - but that unfortunately part of the game with fans in the ground that he needs to get used to. His first full season with us, he had no fans in the ground on his back and was top scorer (in a shocking season admittedly). 

3 minutes ago, maccapvfc said:

I think Rodney is worth keeping, he's 23 so still has plenty of time to develop within his current contract which runs until July 2023. He's not the finished article but I don't think him nor the club claim that he is. His touch and hold up play is improving - you only need to look at Burton game to see that his must have been an area the coaches are working on with him. Don't get me wrong, I've been frustrated at times with his decision making but that is the purpose of working with them on the training ground to fine tune those weaknesses. Look at Tom Conlon progression (who's now 25 and soon to be 26 in Feb) who was being written off a couple of years ago - players at our level just need a little more time to train and learn from mistakes in games. 

I appreciate that the greedy league sees young prospects playing fantastic football at 21 but they are few and far between and at our level, they will generally develop at a later stage in their career. With Rodney, he needs to earn his place like everyone but there is certainly a good player in there and one I hope is realised with us rather than somewhere else. He seems to be a confidence player and he does need to zone out the moans and groans that I hear around the ground - I've been guilty of letting out a little moan when his first touch has made the ball run away from him when we would otherwise have been in a good attacking position - but that unfortunately part of the game with fans in the ground that he needs to get used to. His first full season with us, he had no fans in the ground on his back and was top scorer (in a shocking season admittedly). 

Macc, I agree with everything that you’ve written and as I stated Proctor,Wilson were fit and so was Amoo who I felt was our third choice striker. I know Rodney can play don’t know if it’s confidence or attitude. I thought he was good at Burton and said if someone in the EPL had played the ball that he did, then we’d be hearing and watching it until Christmas. At Oldham away in the second half he was moved out to right wing and again was exceptional with his ability to beat their left back.

We all groan at players so don’t feel guilty it’s just frustration wanting the best for PVFC. This is because we want them to win every game which unfortunately isn’t possible.

44 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Macc, I agree with everything that you’ve written and as I stated Proctor,Wilson were fit and so was Amoo who I felt was our third choice striker. I know Rodney can play don’t know if it’s confidence or attitude. I thought he was good at Burton and said if someone in the EPL had played the ball that he did, then we’d be hearing and watching it until Christmas. At Oldham away in the second half he was moved out to right wing and again was exceptional with his ability to beat their left back.

We all groan at players so don’t feel guilty it’s just frustration wanting the best for PVFC. This is because we want them to win every game which unfortunately isn’t possible.

Whilst players do have to learn to accept moaning and groaning, I'd like to see fans control themselves better as well.

That too is in the best interests of the club and more likely to achieve the positive outcomes that people want.

2 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Whilst players do have to learn to accept moaning and groaning, I'd like to see fans control themselves better as well.

That too is in the best interests of the club and more likely to achieve the positive outcomes that people want.

SFBT I thought Macc said groan not berate them. That is negativity that obviously won’t do anything in creating positivity. Also the players won’t hear a moan/groan

Archived