onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

In terms of departures: 

I’m expecting Legge to move on even though, personally, I’d prefer to see Martin depart. 

I’d expect Johnson to stay - Jones is out for 3 games and it’s the perfect chance for him to show us what’s he worth. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Taylor leave either.

Conlon will stay in my opinion, until the summer at least. 

48 minutes ago, robf said:

Is it maybe a clause that he gets offered a permanent contract if he makes a certain number of appearances? 

I think appearances plays some part in his loan deal. When we brought him in late August, he didn't feature for a few weeks if I remember, wondering if they didn't want to spread themselves too thin further into the season by constantly playing him. He was coming back from a serious injury but nothing was suggested he was being wrapped in cotton wool.

One of the pitfalls of the modern game, the small print in contracts 🤪

5 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

In terms of departures: 

I’m expecting Legge to move on even though, personally, I’d prefer to see Martin depart. 

I’d expect Johnson to stay - Jones is out for 3 games and it’s the perfect chance for him to show us what’s he worth. 

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd be surprised if Legge left this month. He had that bad injury and he's slowly coming back but he offers something that I think we lack at the back that is tried and tested. I think we are more organised when he plays and nobody heads a ball out better than him in our current squad. I'm not saying he should play before anyone else at the back but he's solid and I do think we need him.

I’d like to see Legge leave. Don’t think he offers anything and is past it. Not to mention his actions off the pitch which I won’t go through again and de rail the thread. Why would let Martin go already? A player proven to get promoted out of this division . He’s not been brilliant but he’s not been close to as bad as some mention, I’m guessing the majority didn’t see him against Forest Green? 

17 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd be surprised if Legge left this month. He had that bad injury and he's slowly coming back but he offers something that I think we lack at the back that is tried and tested. I think we are more organised when he plays and nobody heads a ball out better than him in our current squad. I'm not saying he should play before anyone else at the back but he's solid and I do think we need him.

Again, it’s only what I’ve heard.

28 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

In terms of departures: 

Would Amos not be the obvious one to make way? His contract is due to expire this month and we seem pretty well covered on the left of defence (Gibbo, Benning, Johnson, Hurst can also do a wingback role if/when fit).

I don't think Amos has done anything wrong just that I would imagine it's easier to just let a contract expire and create a space in the squad that way rather than trying to sell a contracted player (especially any in the "veteran" stages of their career)?

25 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d like to see Legge leave. Don’t think he offers anything and is past it. Not to mention his actions off the pitch which I won’t go through again and de rail the thread. Why would let Martin go already? A player proven to get promoted out of this division . He’s not been brilliant but he’s not been close to as bad as some mention, I’m guessing the majority didn’t see him against Forest Green? 

I did try and keep my opinion on just the football but I imagine we have the same opinion on the other stuff too. I suppose it depends if we have someone to bring in to replace.

1 hour ago, robf said:

Would Amos not be the obvious one to make way? His contract is due to expire this month and we seem pretty well covered on the left of defence (Gibbo, Benning, Johnson, Hurst can also do a wingback role if/when fit).

I don't think Amos has done anything wrong just that I would imagine it's easier to just let a contract expire and create a space in the squad that way rather than trying to sell a contracted player (especially any in the "veteran" stages of their career)?

If I’m honest Rob, I completely forgot about Amos. Yes, I’d imagine he will be one to leave. I do think that’s a shame because he hasn’t really been given a chance and he seemed more than capable when given one. Not to mention Doncaster fans highly rated him. However, something must be missing if he hasn’t been able to get in our or Doncaster’s first team.

Interesting from twitter, but why would he need to extend a loan that already goes to the end of the year? And why would we need an option to buy when he's already out of contract? Screenshot_20220105_083015.thumb.jpg.92905009f2432b7bce511019259354c2.jpg

That's a new account on Twitter, so it could well be someone trying to find new followers on there.. I wouldn't read anything into that..

I've never trusted the 'recruitment' side of things at the club before. It's been so poor.

First time I've got faith in the people making decisions. Proper set up with data and scouting. None of this contacts nonsense, or 'wait till the end for the bargain bucket' rubbish. We sign players because they suit our needs and style of play; Garrity, Jones, and Cass were unheard of on arrival but all have largely contributed in a good way. 

Not every signing has been bang on but there's been more good than bad, and even the worst isn't exactly atrocious (like most of the signings last summer, with 3 now featuring in my worst ever Vale 18). 

It's weird that 'Trust the Pruhcess' was used as a stick to knock the club in pre-season, but I find myself saying it without irony more and more these days.

I see that Bournemouth look like they are paying 1m for a 19yr Defender from Fleetwood who came through the ranks and has only played 13 games for them,it just shows that clubs higher up will pay for the right players clubs have developed that for me is why the model we are now running the club by is the right one

Our youth set up has been shocking and neglected for a long time and i have no doubt that over the next few years we will see the benefit of the investment we are putting in(which isn't being taken out of the first team pot)

Archived